Newark Catholic at Nelsonville York 2012

LICKING COUNTY FAN
SEOPS Hippo

Newark Catholic at Nelsonville York 2012

Post by LICKING COUNTY FAN »

Gils, Corrected me on saying this contract was over.

So with that being said I can not wait for this game because I really see the upcoming Newark Catholic team being very, very good.

If al of the Jr's and Soph's COME BACK and the strong Freshman class does as well I see a deep playoff run.

What does N.Y. have coming back.

NYBuckeye96
SEOPS H

Re: Newark Catholic at Nelsonville York 2012

Post by NYBuckeye96 »

I'm glad these two are playing again. I'm assuming its for another two years?

That would leave Week 3 and 4 still open for NY unless contracts were renewed with Berne Union or Bishop Ready. I hope Berne Union isn't renewed and replaced with a more traditional football powerhouse.

LICKING COUNTY FAN
SEOPS Hippo

As a fan I am glad to.
I tried to find the post on here and another site that stated this game was not taking place(Only because I have a strong dislike for being wrong)I also remember talking to some N.Y. fans and they said this game was not happening.

I give big props for these two for keeping this game going.

I think N.Y. should still look to W.VA for a game (POCA AND/OR Wheeling Central Catholic)but that is just the match maker in me.

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

I look for NC to win in 2012

FANOSPORTS
SEOPS

Post by FANOSPORTS »

noreply66 wrote:I look for NC to win in 2012
Agree. They started mostly underclassmen this year and they were a heckuva lot better at the end of the year and almost made the playoffs at 5-5 coming in @ #9. IMO, they would have beaten Symmes Valley, Danville, Portsmouth East, Beallsville, South Gallia or Trimble if they played. I believe they would have lost to both #2 Buckeye Central and #6 Rosecrans but we'll never know. These computers still have glitches that need fixed IMO.

LICKING COUNTY FAN
SEOPS Hippo

I watched ZR a timeor three and I do not think they would have gotten close to N.C especially if they ran the off the way they did against G-Ville.

Just my thoughts on that.

indianabuck
All State

Post by indianabuck »

NY is going to be young next year. The do have north back, along with a couple linemen, but need to replace QB, running back and top receivers. They will be raw, especially early in the season, if it is true they are playing again the next 2 years, NC will win both of those games big. If the game was played later, then it would be a more even contest. NY will even struggle with Trimble next year because that game is early. By TVC time, they will be plaing better IMO.

bucks_09
Freshman Team

Post by bucks_09 »

Same story every year, Nelsonville is losing everyone they wont be good but look at the past 6 years. after the 05 season we lost Jolley an amazing tailback, Mcculloch one of the best lineman ive seen, Steve Young, Josh Hodgson and a few other starters, then in 06 we went 9-1. In o6 we lost the most, Jay Edwards if you dont know the name your not from around here for sure, Adam Barber, Jarich Dexter, Bear Lewis, Adam Wagner and some im forgetting. In 07 we only had around 10 seniors and went 6-4, that was a pretty bad year. But we came back in 08. went 8-2 and graduated 23 seniors i belive with about 7-8 starting, and about 10 others getting a pretty good amount of playing time. 2009 came around we lost a ton went 8-2 again, lost Derek Arnold the best tailback NY has ever had, lost 2 good recievers and a few others, played a soph qb all year to. Last year we went 8-2 again lost Knippa at reciever Taggart at tackle who is now playing at Mount Union and Justin Cunningham and more. This year went 9-1 but were losing Dean, Coon, Leitwein, Hook, Moore, Perkins, Breeze, Young, and more im forgetting. Point is we will have kids step up to fill in the shoes left behind for them. in the words of NYBuckeye96 "The names change, but the tradition continues. We will have no problem with trimble again this year Newark Catholic will be better and will want revenge for the game this year, but we will win it will be a close game but a wins a win. Logan is still rebuilding it will be closer but we will take them again. I hope to god Berne Union is off the schedule, boring game, with hardly no computer points in it. Pick up The Burg or i would love to see Ironton on the schedule every year. And the last thing Athens will not know what hit them come week 10 next year.

NYBUX
Varsity

Post by NYBUX »

indianabuck wrote:NY is going to be young next year. The do have north back, along with a couple linemen, but need to replace QB, running back and top receivers. They will be raw, especially early in the season, if it is true they are playing again the next 2 years, NC will win both of those games big. If the game was played later, then it would be a more even contest. NY will even struggle with Trimble next year because that game is early. By TVC time, they will be plaing better IMO.
This from the same one that said that NY would get beat by NC, BR, and Logan pre season of this year.
The same one that said NY will be in the basement this year in basketball.
Do you even attend any sporting events?????????
How can you attend when you are pounding the keyboard during the games.

ButterFingers
Riding the Bench

Post by ButterFingers »

bucks_09 wrote:Same story every year, Nelsonville is losing everyone they wont be good but look at the past 6 years. after the 05 season we lost Jolley an amazing tailback, Mcculloch one of the best lineman ive seen, Steve Young, Josh Hodgson and a few other starters, then in 06 we went 9-1. In o6 we lost the most, Jay Edwards if you dont know the name your not from around here for sure, Adam Barber, Jarich Dexter, Bear Lewis, Adam Wagner and some im forgetting. In 07 we only had around 10 seniors and went 6-4, that was a pretty bad year. But we came back in 08. went 8-2 and graduated 23 seniors i belive with about 7-8 starting, and about 10 others getting a pretty good amount of playing time. 2009 came around we lost a ton went 8-2 again, lost Derek Arnold the best tailback NY has ever had, lost 2 good recievers and a few others, played a soph qb all year to. Last year we went 8-2 again lost Knippa at reciever Taggart at tackle who is now playing at Mount Union and Justin Cunningham and more. This year went 9-1 but were losing Dean, Coon, Leitwein, Hook, Moore, Perkins, Breeze, Young, and more im forgetting. Point is we will have kids step up to fill in the shoes left behind for them. in the words of NYBuckeye96 "The names change, but the tradition continues. We will have no problem with trimble again this year Newark Catholic will be better and will want revenge for the game this year, but we will win it will be a close game but a wins a win. Logan is still rebuilding it will be closer but we will take them again. I hope to god Berne Union is off the schedule, boring game, with hardly no computer points in it. Pick up The Burg or i would love to see Ironton on the schedule every year. And the last thing Athens will not know what hit them come week 10 next year.
This guy must be a youngin. Never heard of Justin Gail. Saying Arnold was best running back NY has ever had. hahaha WOW

Nybucks70-80
Varsity

Post by Nybucks70-80 »

Bucks will have plenty of talent next year.
Returning lettermen.
Positions they may play next year!
OT DT- I . Andrews
G - DT Austin McCulloch
WR - HB -CB - QB Austin North
WR - HB - CB - QB Marc Carter
FB -LB Clint Handa
C - DE-C Cody Walker
LB-G -FB Zach Mays
DT-T Neil Polly
LB-FB -CB Jacob Blake
TE-DE Kyle Freer
DT-T I. Mccombs

Ad in Reed-Warren-Elliot- Baby Coon and Adams.
There Will be PLenty of guys playing both ways but this team will be in the hunt for a league title and the playoffs.

91Buckeye
Varsity

Post by 91Buckeye »

NY does have talent coming back and will be fine. I also think that we will be a little more reliant on the run, and the defense will be the big question mark, we are replacing a lot of starters on that side of the ball.

indianabuck
All State

Post by indianabuck »

I never said they wouldnt be talented, they would be young. I was looking at 6-4 or 7-3 depending on non conference. I saw them play 3 times. They DO have talent, but Im not looking at it as just an NY fan. Im looking at it as an unbiased outsider.

A-Town Big Dog
S

Post by A-Town Big Dog »

ButterFingers wrote:
bucks_09 wrote:Same story every year, Nelsonville is losing everyone they wont be good but look at the past 6 years. after the 05 season we lost Jolley an amazing tailback, Mcculloch one of the best lineman ive seen, Steve Young, Josh Hodgson and a few other starters, then in 06 we went 9-1. In o6 we lost the most, Jay Edwards if you dont know the name your not from around here for sure, Adam Barber, Jarich Dexter, Bear Lewis, Adam Wagner and some im forgetting. In 07 we only had around 10 seniors and went 6-4, that was a pretty bad year. But we came back in 08. went 8-2 and graduated 23 seniors i belive with about 7-8 starting, and about 10 others getting a pretty good amount of playing time. 2009 came around we lost a ton went 8-2 again, lost Derek Arnold the best tailback NY has ever had, lost 2 good recievers and a few others, played a soph qb all year to. Last year we went 8-2 again lost Knippa at reciever Taggart at tackle who is now playing at Mount Union and Justin Cunningham and more. This year went 9-1 but were losing Dean, Coon, Leitwein, Hook, Moore, Perkins, Breeze, Young, and more im forgetting. Point is we will have kids step up to fill in the shoes left behind for them. in the words of NYBuckeye96 "The names change, but the tradition continues. We will have no problem with trimble again this year Newark Catholic will be better and will want revenge for the game this year, but we will win it will be a close game but a wins a win. Logan is still rebuilding it will be closer but we will take them again. I hope to god Berne Union is off the schedule, boring game, with hardly no computer points in it. Pick up The Burg or i would love to see Ironton on the schedule every year. And the last thing Athens will not know what hit them come week 10 next year.
This guy must be a youngin. Never heard of Justin Gail. Saying Arnold was best running back NY has ever had. hahaha WOW
Justin was hands down the best ever at N-Y, hell I can't think of anyone in the area I'd put ahead of him. I think there have been some really good ones that could be in the conversation but none I'd say are any better than Justin was.

maniac66
All State

Post by maniac66 »

Like to see NY and Ironton start playing again be good for both teams but who knows.

indianabuck
All State

Post by indianabuck »

does NY have week 3 and 4 opponent yet?

91Buckeye
Varsity

Post by 91Buckeye »

Wasn't directing comments at you indianabuck just puttin my thoughts out there. I tend to agree with you about the early season being a growing up period. Have no idea yet about week 3 or 4 but would like to see us look at the MVL for a game or 2.

indianabuck
All State

Post by indianabuck »

I agree with a MVL or I even think a SOCII opponent would be good for them. If they have a decent record and beat them, that would help with possible playoffs. If you looked at last years schedule 2 years ago, you would have said it was loaded, but it may have turned out to hurt them some because of the perenial powers being down this year. Id love to see NY play Wheelersburg, West, Minford, or Valley. Even with them being young at some positions, a game like that would be great for them. Id like to see New Lex be a game instead of a scrimmage also.

LICKING COUNTY FAN
SEOPS Hippo

These are just my thoughts on N.C. and the mean nothing in the real world.

I look for Chayce(THE PROJECT)Crouch to be a force at QB or Tight end.At 6-4 200(listed)he has all the tools to be a force and he will be as big as a force on defense

Ryan(The Surgeon)Fitzgerald will be on the field some where.The dude can flat out play QB and has some soft hands so he can catch the ball and he has speed to burn. I am guessing he will be in the defensive back field.

Anthony (The Play Maker)Wing Has all the tools to be big time on offense and even bigger on special teams.

Brian (Quiet Storm) Schumaker might be one of the best fullbacks in the county and if he hits the weight room and adds 15 pounds, he will could be unstoppable in the short yardage game.
I would say he could do as much on defense too.

More to come
Last edited by LICKING COUNTY FAN on Fri Nov 18, 2011 8:58 am, edited 1 time in total.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

NYBuckeye96 wrote:I'm glad these two are playing again. I'm assuming its for another two years?

That would leave Week 3 and 4 still open for NY unless contracts were renewed with Berne Union or Bishop Ready. I hope Berne Union isn't renewed and replaced with a more traditional football powerhouse.
----------------------------------------------------------------------i know ironton has some openings , i'd love to see them talk.

Return to “Football”