TVC Football: All eyes now on Wahama!

dilligaf
S

Re: TVC Football: All eyes now on Wahama!

Post by dilligaf »

FANOSPORTS wrote:
NYBuckeye96 wrote:
bhseaglex12 wrote:I honestly dont agree with Wahama playing Ohio teams all season long, then playing the playoffs in WV. If they are going to be a member of the OHSAA, then I believe they should play Ohio teams in the Ohio State playoffs. The TVC shouldve thought more about the decision before they added them. Im not knocking on the football team by any means at all, and I wish them the best of luck, but Im just stating my opinion on the playoff picture.

Ohio playoffs are definately a different beast than WV playoffs. Wahama is one of the top small school programs in the state of WV, yet Nelsonville-York steamrolled Wahama in a scrimmage this year. The White Falcons didn't have an answer for anything NY did in that game.
That's probably why they are called preseason "scrimmages" and when they both left the field their records were 0-0. As a Wahama alum if you insist we can change N-Y's record to 10-2 instead of 9-2 for the year if it'll make you feel better but you still can't play this week since you lost last week. How's that :lol:

lol thats funny

Titletown TVC
JV Team

Post by Titletown TVC »

NYBuckeye96 wrote:
bhseaglex12 wrote:I honestly dont agree with Wahama playing Ohio teams all season long, then playing the playoffs in WV. If they are going to be a member of the OHSAA, then I believe they should play Ohio teams in the Ohio State playoffs. The TVC shouldve thought more about the decision before they added them. Im not knocking on the football team by any means at all, and I wish them the best of luck, but Im just stating my opinion on the playoff picture.

Ohio playoffs are definately a different beast than WV playoffs. Wahama is one of the top small school programs in the state of WV, yet Nelsonville-York steamrolled Wahama in a scrimmage this year. The White Falcons didn't have an answer for anything NY did in that game.
All I can say is some teams play to win in the playoffs and others play to win scrimmages.

NYBuckeye96
SEOPS H

Post by NYBuckeye96 »

Titletown TVC wrote:All I can say is some teams play to win in the playoffs and others play to win scrimmages.
The only positive thing about living in West Virginia is that you get to play against teams from West Virginia in the playoffs.

FANOSPORTS
SEOPS

Post by FANOSPORTS »

NYBuckeye96 wrote:
Titletown TVC wrote:All I can say is some teams play to win in the playoffs and others play to win scrimmages.
The only positive thing about living in West Virginia is that you get to play against teams from West Virginia in the playoffs.
At least we get playoff chances to play and beat teams from "Northern" WV. When was the last time N-Y played and beat anyone from Southern Ohio, let alone "Northern" Ohio ? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

NYBUX
Varsity

Post by NYBUX »

FANOSPORTS wrote:
NYBuckeye96 wrote:
At least we get playoff chances to play and beat teams from "Northern" WV. When was the last time N-Y played and beat anyone from Southern Ohio, let alone "Northern" Ohio ? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
And when was the last time Groveport Madison even sniffed a game 11???? :lol: :lol: :lol:
YOUR TAX DOLLARS AT WORK^^^^^^^^^^^^^^........

Eaglepapaw
S

Post by Eaglepapaw »

The only positive thing about living in West Virginia is that you get to play against teams from West Virginia in the playoffs. [/quote]

At least we get playoff chances to play and beat teams from "Northern" WV. When was the last time N-Y played and beat anyone from Southern Ohio, let alone "Northern" Ohio ? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:[/quote]

And when was the last time Groveport Madison even sniffed a game 11???? :lol: :lol: :lol:
YOUR TAX DOLLARS AT WORK^^^^^^^^^^^^^^........[/quote]

How did Groveport Madison get in this thread? They went to the playoffs in 86-87 season and took Canton Mckinley to the final minute of the game when the Bulldogs scored on a 99 yard desperation pass with 50 seconds left.Groveport then came down the field and nearly scored on the final play of the game when they dropped a pass in the endzone.The next year they missed the playoffs by a few points.I know this to be true because my son was a receiver for Groveport those two years and I am a graduate of Canton Mckinley

nowheretogo
Waterboy

Post by nowheretogo »

FANOSPORTS wrote:
NYBuckeye96 wrote:
FANOSPORTS-I don't know what kind of hard on that you have for N-Y, but you always make a wisecrack about them. Understand that when you do this, you are talking about kids, get it! Kids, so back off! It seems that you have a problem with the coachs, quit taking it out on the kids and making wisea$$ comments. Thank god that the boys don't get on here and read what you say. If you dislike Nelsonville-York so much, don't get on and post anything. Wow, what an adult!!

dilligaf
S

Post by dilligaf »

I am pretty sure ny came on this thread and started this.Maybe if ny would stop bragging about beating smaller schools all the time and take a look in the mirror they would see they are no different than the rest of the schools around here.Icluding wv schools get real people

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

I don't care if we have a TVC team fighting for a state title in Rhode Island ... Its still a team representing the trivalleyconference and I for one will be cheering for the White Falcons ... Plus, I love to see a small school from a small town (ala Mason) do well in playoffs/tournaments ... West Virginia has 'private schools' just like Ohio and Wahama will probably see one somewhere down the line (as long as they win tonight of course) and I would like nothing more than to see the 'small public' school pull out the victory.

So good luck to the boys from Mason ... We could just call them 'Meigs south' if that helps the folks from Ohio cheer for em more.

Titletown TVC
JV Team

Post by Titletown TVC »

NYBuckeye96 wrote:
Thats one more positive than there is to live in a town who cant buy a playoff win. Have you guys turned in your uniforms yet? Time to get out those basketballs. There is a thread for that. Why not go on over there? We are still busy with football.

Titletown TVC
JV Team

Post by Titletown TVC »

nowheretogo wrote:
FANOSPORTS wrote:
NYBuckeye96 wrote:
FANOSPORTS-I don't know what kind of hard on that you have for N-Y, but you always make a wisecrack about them. Understand that when you do this, you are talking about kids, get it! Kids, so back off! It seems that you have a problem with the coachs, quit taking it out on the kids and making wisea$$ comments. Thank god that the boys don't get on here and read what you say. If you dislike Nelsonville-York so much, don't get on and post anything. Wow, what an adult!!
This is a Wahama thread being hijiacked by buckeyes with "mountaineer envy". Why don't you guys go polish that trophy you won from the scrimmage and leave us alone...... :lol:

FANOSPORTS
SEOPS

Post by FANOSPORTS »

^^^^^^^^^^ (From a few posts above)

At least we get playoff chances to play and beat teams from "Northern" WV. When was the last time N-Y played and beat anyone from Southern Ohio, let alone "Northern" Ohio ? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:[/quote]

YOUR TAX DOLLARS AT WORK^^^^^^^^^^^^^^........[/quote]

How did Groveport Madison get in this thread? They went to the playoffs in 86-87 season and took Canton Mckinley to the final minute of the game when the Bulldogs scored on a 99 yard desperation pass with 50 seconds left.Groveport then came down the field and nearly scored on the final play of the game when they dropped a pass in the endzone.The next year they missed the playoffs by a few points.I know this to be true because my son was a receiver for Groveport those two years and I am a graduate of Canton Mckinley[/quote]

"Eaglepapaw" some people will never get it so it doesn't matter what you say. Anyway, if it needs to be known, G-M went to the playoffs 3-4 years ago (and came close the next two years) and got knocked out by Hilliard Darby in week 12 who's qb was Jeremy Ebert (wide receiver) from Northwestern now and even that week 12 game was a rematch of the regular season game we had won @ home 2 weeks earlier (and I was invited to be on the sideline for that game I might add). I coached a lot of those kids on those teams from the ages of 7 to 12 in the biddy leagues up here so I don't need to here about winners. DI is a whole different story so no one from N-Y needs to talk to me about that. Anyway, GO WHITE FALCONS and continue your winning ways.

The Enforcer
SEO

Post by The Enforcer »

Good Luck tonite Wahama

FANOSPORTS
SEOPS

Post by FANOSPORTS »

The first round games in WV are very ugly most of the time with lopsided scores but you never know. I'll probably take in the semi-final game after Wahama wins the first two playoff games. This one tonight should be a no contest from the get go against Pocahontas County. I don't think I would've got my monies worth if I came down to watch it so I'm heading over about 8 miles to Hamilton Township tonight to watch Ironton vs. Johnstown which should be a good game. Good Luck to the Falcons and keep it going !!!!!

friday_nite_fan
Varsity

Post by friday_nite_fan »

nowheretogo wrote:FANOSPORTS-I don't know what kind of hard on that you have for N-Y, but you always make a wisecrack about them. Understand that when you do this, you are talking about kids, get it! Kids, so back off! It seems that you have a problem with the coachs, quit taking it out on the kids and making wisea$$ comments. Thank god that the boys don't get on here and read what you say. If you dislike Nelsonville-York so much, don't get on and post anything. Wow, what an adult!!
Nelsonville isn't the only team he goes after nowhere. FAN has a serious hard on for South Gallia too. He's a jackass and isn't worth wasting your time arguing with.

buckfan84
All Conference

Post by buckfan84 »

Good luck tonight. Hope to follow you to wheeling again this year.

buckfan84
All Conference

Post by buckfan84 »

I'll post some updates. Not play by play but some scores as I'm sure it'd be impossible to keep up.

buckfan84
All Conference

Post by buckfan84 »

Phs 7
W 0

442 left n 1st

buckfan84
All Conference

Post by buckfan84 »

Wahama scores on 1st play.

Phs 7
W 6

buckfan84
All Conference

Post by buckfan84 »

End of 1

Phs 14
W 6

Return to “Football”