TVC Football: All eyes now on Wahama!

buckfan84
All Conference

Re: TVC Football: All eyes now on Wahama!

Post by buckfan84 »

Phs 14
W 12

641 1st half

buckfan84
All Conference

Post by buckfan84 »

Wahama scores right at the end of the half

Phs 14
W 18

buckfan84
All Conference

Post by buckfan84 »

Phs 14
W25

214 left in 3rd

buckfan84
All Conference

Post by buckfan84 »

Wahama starting to take over. Reminds me of the Trimble game. Was close till around the end of the 3rd

buckfan84
All Conference

Post by buckfan84 »

Phs 14
W31

1041 left

buckfan84
All Conference

Post by buckfan84 »

Phs 20
W 31

buckfan84
All Conference

Post by buckfan84 »

Final score 31-20

FANOSPORTS
SEOPS

Post by FANOSPORTS »

WHS 31 - PCHS 20. Too close for comfort and the Gibbs kid @ qb is just coming back from an injury. They'll play #6 Fayetteville next week. I believe Wahama scrimmaged them in preseason but Fayetteville has gotten a lot better by switching kids up on the defense since then and it will be a big test but at least it's another home game (Point Pleasant). If they'd fix up the field they could play true home games being the higher seed but they haven't improved it much in 40 years and I doubt if they'll do it anytime soon. The thing I do like about the WV playoffs is that until championship weekend, the highest seeds still winning have the home field advantage throughout. This has really benefited Wheeling Central Catholic thru the years as they've won the championship different years and never had to leave home. That would be sweet !!!!!

MTSWNGRVSG
SE

Post by MTSWNGRVSG »

Keep it going White Falcons!

dilligaf
S

Post by dilligaf »

Congrats i hope you go all the way

Steely Dan
SEOP

Post by Steely Dan »

I hope that Wahama gets a chance to thump the crap out of Wheeling Central U. Yea, Wheeling Central had to play one game against a team that gets to recruit as much as they do (Linsly, which is not part of the WVSAAC, as they are a private school and admittedly recruit) and they got their heads handed to them by the Black and Orange (if I recall, it was over 40 points). Everyone in the Upper Ohio Valley knows that Wheeling Central recruits the WV upper panhandle, Ohio, and PA, but they are still allowed to play against the public schools.

I hope that the White Falcons kick some Maroon Knight A$$. :122245 :122245 :122245

baseballvenom
Waterboy

Post by baseballvenom »

Ohio playoffs are definately a different beast than WV playoffs. Wahama is one of the top small school programs in the state of WV, yet Nelsonville-York steamrolled Wahama in a scrimmage this year. The White Falcons didn't have an answer for anything NY did in that game.
buckeye96

didnt nelsonville get beat game one?

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

Looking over some info ... Buffalo defeated Fayetteville 30-22 ...

Wahama knocked off Buffalo 27-8 in week 10.

I mean, is Wahama a clear cut favorite in this game? I thought seriously about going down and watching it Friday - but not I'm not real sure yet.

WVUME
Waterboy

Post by WVUME »

Fayetteville actually beat Buffalo 27-26.

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

WVUME wrote:Fayetteville actually beat Buffalo 27-26.
Thx ... I was looking at last years result between Buffalo and Fayetteville.

81dendmhs74
JV Team

Post by 81dendmhs74 »

Go Luck to Wahama, but Mason County has another team thats doing really well this year too. The Pt Pleasant Big Blacks...

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

Does the semi-final games have a neutral location or are higher seeds still the home team? I don't want to jinx anyone; but seeing a possbile Wahama vs Williamstown match-up looks pretty interesting ... But I think I remember seeing somewhere where higher seeds have home-field until the state championship games? If someone could answer that - I would appreciate it.

Steely Dan
SEOP

Post by Steely Dan »

I believe that all games are played at the higher seeds home field until the championship games in Wheeling.

1987chieftains
SEOPS H

Post by 1987chieftains »

Steely Dan wrote:I believe that all games are played at the higher seeds home field until the championship games in Wheeling.
why wheeling?? why not something more central?

FANOSPORTS
SEOPS

Post by FANOSPORTS »

FANOSPORTS wrote:WHS 31 - PCHS 20. Too close for comfort and the Gibbs kid @ qb is just coming back from an injury. They'll play #6 Fayetteville next week. I believe Wahama scrimmaged them in preseason but Fayetteville has gotten a lot better by switching kids up on the defense since then and it will be a big test but at least it's another home game (Point Pleasant). If they'd fix up the field they could play true home games being the higher seed but they haven't improved it much in 40 years and I doubt if they'll do it anytime soon. The thing I do like about the WV playoffs is that until championship weekend, the highest seeds still winning have the home field advantage throughout. This has really benefited Wheeling Central Catholic thru the years as they've won the championship different years and never had to leave home. That would be sweet !!!!!
93Bulldog wrote:Does the semi-final games have a neutral location or are higher seeds still the home team? I don't want to jinx anyone; but seeing a possbile Wahama vs Williamstown match-up looks pretty interesting ... But I think I remember seeing somewhere where higher seeds have home-field until the state championship games? If someone could answer that - I would appreciate it.
Yep, the higher seed has the home games but the visiting team gets to vote (usually because of travel times) on the game time. Friday night, saturday afternoon or evening depending on what's going on at the playoff site.

Return to “Football”