TVC Football: All eyes now on Wahama!

Titletown TVC
JV Team

Re: TVC Football: All eyes now on Wahama!

Post by Titletown TVC »

Belhio7 wrote:Good luck to the kids at Wahama but don't flatter yourself by thinking all eyes are on Wahama and "your" thread is being hijacked by Buckeyes with Mountaineer envy. Last time I checked this is southeasternohiopreps! I wouldn't lower my standards rooting for a WV team to carry the TVC banner! Wahama in the TVC does a lot more for Wahama than it does for the Ohio schools. Like it or not, state football championships in the Buckeye are a lot harder to come by. N-Y has done it before I believe, can't argue about their program. If I was a betting man, I would bet Wahama would be lucky to make it to the second round of the playoffs here on the Buckeye state.
You are right. This is Southeastern Ohio Preps. It is a message board to talk about football in SEO. The TVC, which Wahama is a member of , is a SEO conference. Therefore, discussing Wahama's playoff run as the last member standing is relevant. It doesn't matter to us how hard you think it is to win a title in Ohio. Your negative attitude must be why your school never gets close. I hear those attitudes are contagious. That being said, don't bother coming to our games. We don't need your aura dragging us down to the level of the river schools on the ohio side.

buckfan84
All Conference

Post by buckfan84 »

The Register said probably an Friday night game. So I'm assuming 7:30.

MTSWNGRVSG
SE

Post by MTSWNGRVSG »

Keep it going White Falcons!

friday_nite_fan
Varsity

Post by friday_nite_fan »

Wow! Wahama has some cocky @ss fans. Keep it classy Mason!!

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

I edited your post a little Titletown TVC ...

Fanosports - pretty good post man.

Good luck to the White Falcons versus Williamstown.

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

I STARTED A GAME THREAD FOR WAHAMA/WILLIAMSTOWN ... AND PUT A STICKY ON IT SO IT STAYS AT THE TOP OF THE PAGE.

Mr. Wing-T
Waterboy

Post by Mr. Wing-T »

Just some thoughts.....
I think we should take all of the people on this message board (not just this thread) who get all bent out of shape and fired up about various topics, put them in pads, and let them duke it out on a football field. I think that would make a very exciting game.

dilligaf
S

Post by dilligaf »

Who needs pads?

FANOSPORTS
SEOPS

Post by FANOSPORTS »

buckfan84 wrote:Looks like wahama vs. williamstown next week. 39-14 900 left in 4th. I'm outta here. Brrr. Congrats wahama.
93Bulldog wrote:I beg the differ on that Belhio7 ... Wahama would have faired pretty well in Division VI, Region 23 ... They beat Trimble 47-22, and then South Gallia 28-6 - both of which made the playoffs ... I went over and watched some of the Symmes Valley-Beallsville game in week 12 and I am confident Wahama could have played with either one.
"buckfan84" and "93Bulldog" thanks for the kudo's. From Buckfan's post I believe we got a Nelsonville fan to attend a Wahama game when the Buckeyes were not involved in it. Thank you sir if you did because other team's can play some decent football in the area also if people would go out and watch them and not believe everything you read on forum's like this. I hope my alma mater can win again this week and actually it's not a bad trip from the Nelsonville-Athens area to watch a game in Williamstown. It's right directly across the river from Marietta at the bridge. Everyone's more than welcome to come over if you wanna see a state semi-final not too far from your back yard and it would be nice to have some TVC people for support. I guarantee you the Wahama fans would welcome you with open arms.

Steely Dan
SEOP

Post by Steely Dan »

Only problem is that Williamstown's field is crap, their seating is inadequate, and parking is a nightmare.

Despite all of these obstacles, I just might make the drive over to Willytown to take in this game, afterall, it is really close for me, and I want to support FOS's alma mater, and maybe catch up a little bit if I can find him! I know that Wahama plays good football, and want to support the league.

FANOSPORTS
SEOPS

Post by FANOSPORTS »

Steely Dan wrote:Only problem is that Williamstown's field is crap, their seating is inadequate, and parking is a nightmare.

Despite all of these obstacles, I just might make the drive over to Willytown to take in this game, afterall, it is really close for me, and I want to support FOS's alma mater, and maybe catch up a little bit if I can find him! I know that Wahama plays good football, and want to support the league.
Played on that field my final game my senior year Steely and we were down 0-20 at the half. Our head coach tore up the locker room which was in a stand alone metal bldg. by the field at the time (I haven't been there since). He threw trash cans, hit walls etc. Hey, we came out after halftime and scored 26 unanswered to win 26-20. We were driving for the go ahead touchdown in the last 2 minutes, our running back fumbled the ball and I was the pulling guard, saw the ball in front of me at the 3 yard line, thought I would pick it up and go in for the TD. I thought better of it as I started to pick it up and just ended up falling on it. Good thing to as about 4 guys were on top of me in about 2 seconds. We scored on the next play to win it. I think that tirade in the locker room got us over the hump that night, and they say "old school" coaches aren't tolerable nowadays. Ha Ha !!!!! (I'll be there for the first time in 36 years friday night).

Hopper 11
JV Team

Post by Hopper 11 »

FANOSPORTS wrote:
Steely Dan wrote:Only problem is that Williamstown's field is crap, their seating is inadequate, and parking is a nightmare.

Played on that field my final game my senior year Steely and we were down 0-20 at the half. Our head coach tore up the locker room which was in a stand alone metal bldg. by the field at the time (I haven't been there since). He threw trash cans, hit walls etc. Hey, we came out after halftime and scored 26 unanswered to win 26-20. We were driving for the go ahead touchdown in the last 2 minutes, our running back fumbled the ball and I was the pulling guard, saw the ball in front of me at the 3 yard line, thought I would pick it up and go in for the TD. I thought better of it as I started to pick it up and just ended up falling on it. Good thing to as about 4 guys were on top of me in about 2 seconds. We scored on the next play to win it. I think that tirade in the locker room got us over the hump that night, and they say "old school" coaches aren't tolerable nowadays. Ha Ha !!!!! (I'll be there for the first time in 36 years friday night).

Had your old coach as a teacher at Southern. He was a great motivator. Good luck to Wahama.

buckfan84
All Conference

Post by buckfan84 »

FANOSPORTS wrote:
buckfan84 wrote:Looks like wahama vs. williamstown next week. 39-14 900 left in 4th. I'm outta here. Brrr. Congrats wahama.
93Bulldog wrote:I beg the differ on that Belhio7 ... Wahama would have faired pretty well in Division VI, Region 23 ... They beat Trimble 47-22, and then South Gallia 28-6 - both of which made the playoffs ... I went over and watched some of the Symmes Valley-Beallsville game in week 12 and I am confident Wahama could have played with either one.
"buckfan84" and "93Bulldog" thanks for the kudo's. From Buckfan's post I believe we got a Nelsonville fan to attend a Wahama game when the Buckeyes were not involved in it. Thank you sir if you did because other team's can play some decent football in the area also if people would go out and watch them and not believe everything you read on forum's like this. I hope my alma mater can win again this week and actually it's not a bad trip from the Nelsonville-Athens area to watch a game in Williamstown. It's right directly across the river from Marietta at the bridge. Everyone's more than welcome to come over if you wanna see a state semi-final not too far from your back yard and it would be nice to have some TVC people for support. I guarantee you the Wahama fans would welcome you with open arms.

Oh I'll be there this week too. Already have my tickets. A friend picked them up for me. I'll be in Wheeling too when they win this one (fingers crossed) just like last year.

Yea, people need to get off that WV/Ohio high horse and go enjoy some football in December.
Go White Falcons!!!

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

I'm jealous buckfan84 ... I definitly wanted to be able to watch some football, but I can't pass up the opportunity to see most of the TVC basketball teams tonight at the preview ... Man I wish they would have chosen to play on Saturday!

GOOD LUCK TO THE FALCONS TONIGHT!!!

FANOSPORTS
SEOPS

Post by FANOSPORTS »

A few errors in the player dept. but that happens during every game any player has ever played in, good or bad. This one came down to coaching and they again fell short and I'll leave it at that. ARRRRGGGHHHH !!!!!

WILLIETOWN 24 - MASONTOWN 7

G.W.A.
All Conference

Post by G.W.A. »

FANOSPORTS wrote:A few errors in the player dept. but that happens during every game any player has ever played in, good or bad. This one came down to coaching and they again fell short and I'll leave it at that. ARRRRGGGHHHH !!!!!

WILLIETOWN 24 - MASONTOWN 7

I have to agree with you 100% wahama has never won a game where the other team was even close to them in talent level.
Good coaches win all the games
they should and some they shouldnt. Wahama often loses games by being outcoached.

Return to “Football”