DV R19 Final: Bucyrus Wynford vs. Lucasville Valley

here4fun
Varsity

Re: DV R19 Final: Bucyrus Wynford vs. Lucasville Valley

Post by here4fun »

RoyalNut wrote:Well this sure is no secret after the West game, this Defense is why we are still playing. The D is pretty good! Heck they saved us!

Edited to say this too
That Auger kid--I hope I'm right #9 from west I thought was one really good football player! They had more then one that was good, but I thought he was really good!
I heard that they took him out of the game with a dislocated shoulder.

Jesco White
S

Post by Jesco White »

Here4Fun wrote:
RoyalNut wrote:Well this sure is no secret after the West game, this Defense is why we are still playing. The D is pretty good! Heck they saved us!

Edited to say this too
That Auger kid--I hope I'm right #9 from west I thought was one really good football player! They had more then one that was good, but I thought he was really good!
Bricker is the player that got hurt, not Auger. I think that was a huge loss to West as Bricker was a huge asset the Siders. I think he was one of the more underrated players in the SOC this season.

Jesco White
S

Post by Jesco White »

Edited to say this too
Yes, you are correct, the Auger kid is a heck of a player. He had a very nice career at West, as did Ratliff and the rest of that senior class.

As for the Wynford D...again, you are right, they are pretty darn good! I'm really excited to see the Royals stingy defense against the Indians explosive offense! Obviously, the other side of the ball is going to be every bit as important, and need not be forgotten...but still really looking forward to seeing the match-ups when Valley has the ball and Wynford's D gets the opportunity to do what they have done so well all season long.

here4fun
Varsity

Post by here4fun »

Jesco I can count on you to correct me..
Last edited by here4fun on Sun Nov 13, 2011 8:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

nutronron2012
All State

Post by nutronron2012 »

Jesco White wrote:
Here4Fun wrote:

Edited to say this too
Bricker is the player that got hurt, not Auger. I think that was a huge loss to West as Bricker was a huge asset the Siders. I think he was one of the more underrated players in the SOC this season.
I talked to a couple west fans on the way home friday night when we stopped to eat and they said Bricker couldnt play alot of offense and he was trying to play hurt on defense. They told me he got hurt in the Nelsonville York game (possibly a stinger) and they used him all they could but he was no where near 100% and that was a big loss for West not being able to utilize his offensive ability
Last edited by nutronron2012 on Sun Nov 13, 2011 9:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Jesco White
S

Post by Jesco White »

Here4Fun wrote:Jesco I can count on you to correct me..
I've always got your back :122245

starbase_318
Varsity

Post by starbase_318 »

They can play the game on the moon. I'm just happy there is another week for the indians!!

coop
SEOPS

Post by coop »

Home side is huge....visitors, not.

TURNthePAGE
Waterboy

Post by TURNthePAGE »

Just an opinion here, but the light poles don't look to be all that high. If i recall correctly, UA's facility had 3 rows of lights down each side and were much higher. I know it appears that WARHAWK STADIUM is smaller than UA's STADIUM, but just saying. If this is the case, much of Valley's AIR ASSULT will come out of nowhere. Prepare to be :shock: Royals

nutronron2012
All State

Post by nutronron2012 »

UPNYA4 wrote:I say we take over the Home Side...LOL
Might have to

RoyalNut
Riding the Bench

Post by RoyalNut »

UPNYA4 wrote:
RoyalNut wrote:IMO these two D tackles are the biggest reason our defense has been so good this year. They defend the middle run so well, we havent had to throw 8 in the box against anyone so far to stop the run, allows kids to flow to the edges and allows the DB's to not have to worry as much about run support. I know I have heard different people say on this thread and other threads that they didn't think we had that much in the way of speed. All I can say to that is these kids in the LB and DB spots run as well as any D-5 team I have seen play. As a team I think our over all team speed is right up there with the better teams in D-5 to be honest. The only kid I have see flat out run us was a WR from Galion on a quick pass to the outside, 1st defender missed him and he was off to the races. I later found out that kid finished 2nd in State Track meet in the 100 in D-3 Track. Needless to say-he was fast!

Not so fast my friend....there were 9 in the box multiple times against West.
Oh On obvious run situations I'm sure we did. Who wouldn't?

As far as some Vally People sitting in the Home side-I bet money most Wynford fans wouldn't care. I really mean that.

I'm just glad there is no track. Ay Reynoldsburg although the Home side was very nice. It seemed like you were 3 miles from the field.

Looking at this again-they are going to have to bring in some extra bleachers. Reynoldsburg visitors stands were twice that size-West's fans filled em.

RoyalNut
Riding the Bench

Post by RoyalNut »

Is there anywhere on the Net to watch Valley play?

we have a few games you can watch on here.

http://www.wmfd.com/newsboard/player/vi ... p?story=45

these are best watched with Internet Explorer, and I'm a foxfire guy myself. But ....there ya go

Jesco White
S

Post by Jesco White »

RoyalNut wrote:Is there anywhere on the Net to watch Valley play?

these are best watched with Internet Explorer, and I'm a foxfire guy myself. But ....there ya go
Valley High School used to webcast all home games through last year, but due to some other issues, they were unable to do it this year :(

I like the broadcasts I've watched of the Wynford games. Those guys do a pretty good job.

coop
SEOPS

Post by coop »

Tobias wrote:http://www.weather.com/weather/wxdetail ... 5?dayNum=5

Westerville weather for Friday.

Sunny with a high of 50. Overnight low will be 36.

/////////////////////////////

It could be much worse there in mid-November...

:mrgreen:
Thats actually saturdays forecast....

Here is fridays:

http://www.weather.com/weather/wxdetail ... 5?dayNum=4

Partly Cloudy High of 43* Overnight low will be 26*

Break out the carharts!!!

coop
SEOPS

Post by coop »

Click my link....the box says Fri, Nov, 18. lol...crazy website. Game will be chilly.

Izladoom
All State

Post by Izladoom »

ok i watched the wynford west game. i think this game might be a pretty high scoring game. west was able to move the ball but they could not finish drives. i still think for valley to win yates is going to have to play his best game ever. crabtree can be a little stubborn and keep trying to just run it up the middle. i dont see that working all that great against that line. i know i would not put money on either team. valleys defense i think matches up better than west. they are faster and have more size to match up to the wrs. i think its safe to say this is the best team either has played.

nice guy
Varsity

Post by nice guy »

This may be the last football game played on that field for awhile. No sports at Westerville next year because the school levy failed again.

nutronron2012
All State

Post by nutronron2012 »

RoyalNut wrote:Is there anywhere on the Net to watch Valley play?

Think this is the only game you'll be able to see from this year. Cheasapeak at Valley. Cheasapeake is a DIV school that also made the playoffs and went down in first round against the #1 seed in R15 in a very close game
http://www.watchthezone.com/zonesportso ... tball.html

Bo_Diaz
JV Team

Post by Bo_Diaz »

izladoom wrote:ok i watched the wynford west game. i think this game might be a pretty high scoring game. west was able to move the ball but they could not finish drives. i still think for valley to win yates is going to have to play his best game ever. crabtree can be a little stubborn and keep trying to just run it up the middle. i dont see that working all that great against that line. i know i would not put money on either team. valleys defense i think matches up better than west. they are faster and have more size to match up to the wrs. i think its safe to say this is the best team either has played.
You may be right about the scoring, the finishing of drives, and the defensive matchups but I disagree with a handful of things. While I agree that Yates will have to play well and his "best game ever" would be a great thing for the Indians, I don't believe that is what it will take for Valley to win. I think he's going need to play an excellent game and make big plays but I don't think the formula for a Valley victory will change much this week. Also, the running up the middle stuff is pretty bogus. Crabtree doesn't call the plays and I'd say that over half of Valley's runs by Keller and Yates are not "up the middle." The play calling has been very creative and the execution has been just as good. I've not seen anything stubborn about what this team does offensively. And if averaging close to 40 points a game is stubborn then so be it.

Now I definately agree that this is the best team that either has faced. It's more than likely going to take a mistake free game from the winning team. Wynford is a quality opponent and I'm sure they are going to be one tough matchup for the Indians. I just don't think it's the best plan to think we shouldn't stick with our power running game. Mix the run and pass up, use the play action passes and force Wynford to guess on defense... But the zone read stuff that Keller and Yates run, has been very very tough to stop and I wouldn't expect anything else this week.

ZacBrownBand
Varsity

Post by ZacBrownBand »

RoyalNut wrote:
UPNYA4 wrote:
RoyalNut wrote:IMO these two D tackles are the biggest reason our defense has been so good this year. They defend the middle run so well, we havent had to throw 8 in the box against anyone so far to stop the run, allows kids to flow to the edges and allows the DB's to not have to worry as much about run support. I know I have heard different people say on this thread and other threads that they didn't think we had that much in the way of speed. All I can say to that is these kids in the LB and DB spots run as well as any D-5 team I have seen play. As a team I think our over all team speed is right up there with the better teams in D-5 to be honest. The only kid I have see flat out run us was a WR from Galion on a quick pass to the outside, 1st defender missed him and he was off to the races. I later found out that kid finished 2nd in State Track meet in the 100 in D-3 Track. Needless to say-he was fast!

Not so fast my friend....there were 9 in the box multiple times against West.
Oh On obvious run situations I'm sure we did. Who wouldn't?

As far as some Vally People sitting in the Home side-I bet money most Wynford fans wouldn't care. I really mean that.

I'm just glad there is no track. Ay Reynoldsburg although the Home side was very nice. It seemed like you were 3 miles from the field.

Looking at this again-they are going to have to bring in some extra bleachers. Reynoldsburg visitors stands were twice that size-West's fans filled em.
There was a track at Upper Arlington as well, and it did seem like you were forever away from the field. But at UA, the away side bleachers were pretty big! Not sure what the OHSAA was thinking at all when they picked this site to host the game, seems like the Valley people got the bad end of the deal.

As for Valley fans sitting with the Wynford fans, I think that would be the greatest. As long as we don't send some of our hostile fans over there!

Return to “Football”