SEOPS HO

Re: DV R19 Final: Bucyrus Wynford vs. Lucasville Valley

Post by grndma1 »

Good luck Valley. Keep it going.

LastOut
Waterboy

Post by LastOut »

Good luck Valley from the West Side! This is definitely a winable game.

Chieftain
Varsity

Post by Chieftain »

Serious question for fans of both Wynford and Valley. Do you have any starters injured who will not play in the Regional Champ game ?

camnott
Varsity

Post by camnott »

WHAT****PALADIN doesn't know all?
I'm dissappointed!

N B Heat
Freshman Team

Post by N B Heat »

Theres no doubt about it Valley fans and / SOC2 supporters will have to go to the Home Side. Valley travels very well and I have a feeling there will be a bunch of Senator Fans as well as Burg, and others from around the River showing support for Valley. What was the OHSAA thinking ? Hope it don't get UGLY !

here4fun
Varsity

Post by here4fun »

N B Heat wrote:Theres no doubt about it Valley fans and / SOC2 supporters will have to go to the Home Side. Valley travels very well and I have a feeling there will be a bunch of Senator Fans as well as Burg, and others from around the River showing support for Valley. What was the OHSAA thinking ? Hope it don't get UGLY !
I agree we will need 2x thats much seating what are they thinking? well we are nothing but a buch of farm boys down here we can bring our lawn chairs and and a few bales of hay I am sure our cows wont mind..... :-D

nutronron2012
All State

Post by nutronron2012 »

Here4Fun wrote:
N B Heat wrote:Theres no doubt about it Valley fans and / SOC2 supporters will have to go to the Home Side. Valley travels very well and I have a feeling there will be a bunch of Senator Fans as well as Burg, and others from around the River showing support for Valley. What was the OHSAA thinking ? Hope it don't get UGLY !
I agree we will need 2x thats much seating what are they thinking? well we are nothing but a buch of farm boys down here we can bring our lawn chairs and and a few bales of hay I am sure our cows wont mind..... :-D
LOL. Now thats funny :lol: :lol:

Sider_PC
Riding the Bench

Post by Sider_PC »

Wynford has athletes in their secondary that can play. I think that Valley could could do really well with play action and short passing to go along with their power running game. I think that the quick hitters might work best for them.

N B Heat
Freshman Team

Post by N B Heat »

Sider PC Have to agree with you on that after watching West and Wynford about 3 times now on TV , but there will be alot of adjustment during the game Rolfe is a master at using the opponents defense against themselves . CMON FRIDAY !!!

camnott
Varsity

Post by camnott »

Good Luck Valley! You will be traveling way North next weekend!!!

coop
SEOPS

Post by coop »

Paladin_II wrote:Serious question for fans of both Wynford and Valley. Do you have any starters injured who will not play in the Regional Champ game ?

Every player for Valley is playing in week 13 that played in week 1. NO injuries

yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

Maybe the OH$AA is playing the game at Westerville to help them with there money situation. There is no way that that visitors side will hold all of the Valley fans for a Regional final game. Once again the OH$AA screws up a playoff site.

I love all of this talk about how this player or that player will have to play there best games. This is the playoffs. One and done. You either bring your best or you go home a loser.

Good luck Valley. It gets harder and harder the farther you go, but you guys have the team to pull it off.

yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

Paladin_II wrote:Serious question for fans of both Wynford and Valley. Do you have any starters injured who will not play in the Regional Champ game ?

Like anyone would tell if there were any injuries on a message board. If they did, I'm sure the coaches would want to beat there butts.

crab_apple4
JV Team

Post by crab_apple4 »

Just finished watching the West-Wynford game and I came away feeling confident. Wynford is good football team that is 12-0 for a reason. I heard the announcers talk about the 8 yard completion on the TE dump as being the only completion against Wynford in the playoffs... I can assure Wynford fans that will not be the case this week. Wynford will have a different game plan for Valley because they are different team than West and Smithville on offense, but I was able to see things in their defensive scheme that will have to be adjusted by Friday night. Now, I believe they have the athletes to adjust and play a different style of defense but the defensive alignment they played against West would be exploited with Valley's offense. West was also able to push Wynford off the ball late in the game. If it wasn't for walking LBs up because there was no threat of pass then I don't think Wynford could have stopped the running game. West was so one demensional it was painful to watch because you constantly seen 11 guys within 7-8 yards of the line in the 2nd half.

Offensively, I think Wynford was very similar to Burg in their plays and how they used their QB. They threw it enough to stretch the field and the TE was a weapon down the seams, but when they needed yardage they ran QB iso's and were basically a single wing offense. The did start running some counters with their wing backs and they ran a few zone reads... but mostly they motioned their offensive formation to create a numbers mismatch to one side or the other and had the FB lead the QB up in the hole. The QB does have enough of an arm to hurt Valley down the field and a couple of the boys (Miller and Ralls?) were good looking athletes. I think Valley has to make the QB beat him with his arm and not his legs.

I think if Valley limits the big play and doesn't turn the ball over then they'll win this game. I know Wynford will put up a fight but I believe Valley's line play along with the Yates and Keller's individual ability will be too much for the Royals. Maybe Wynford has more in their offensive bag than they showed on film, but I don't think they can score with Valley's offense. Their best bet is controlling the ball and the clock to keep the ball out of Valley's hands.
Last edited by crab_apple4 on Mon Nov 14, 2011 1:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

coop
SEOPS

Post by coop »

Good assesment.

As far as the stands go, we'll fill whats there and te rest of us will pile in, home or away, doesnt matter.

here4fun
Varsity

Post by here4fun »

crab_apple4 wrote:Just finished watching the West-Wynford game and I came away feeling confident. Wynford is good football team that is 12-0 for a reason. I heard the announcers talk about the 8 yard completion on the TE dump as being the only completion against Wynford in the playoffs... I can assure Wynford fans that will not be the case this week. Wynford will have a different game plan for Valley because they are different team than West and Smithville on offense, but I was able to see things in their defensive scheme that will have to be adjusted be Friday night. Now, I believe they have the athletes to adjust and play a different style of defense but the defensive alignment they played against West would be exploited with Valley's offense. West was also able to push Wynford off the ball late in the game. If it wasn't for walking LBs up because there was no threat of pass then I don't think Wynford could have stopped the running game. West was so one demsional it was painful to watch because you constantly seen 11 guys within 7-8 yards of the line in the 2nd half.

Offensively, I think Wynford was very similar to Burg in their plays and how they used their QB. They threw it enough to stretch the field and the TE was a weapon down the seams, but when they needed yardage they ran QB iso's and were basically a single wing offense. The did start running some counters with their wing backs and they ran a few zone reads... but mostly they motioned their offensive formation to create a numbers mismatch to one side or the other and had the FB lead the QB up in the hole. The QB does have enough of an arm to hurt Valley down the field and a couple of the boys (Miller and Ralls?) were good looking athletes. I think Valley has to make the QB beat him with his arm and not his legs.

I think if Valley limits the big play and doesn't turn the ball over then they'll win this game. I know Wynford will put up a fight but I believe Valley's line play along with the Yates and Keller's individual ability will be too much for the Royals. Maybe Wynford has more in their offensive bag then they showed on film, but I don't think they can score with Valley's offense. Their best bet is controlling the ball and the clock to keep the ball out of Valley's hands.
Well that pretty much sums it up well the only thing left to do now is play the game.lol
IS IT FRIDAY YET...!!!!!

coop
SEOPS

Post by coop »

Tobias wrote:
chicken_coop wrote:Good assesment.

As far as the stands go, we'll fill whats there and te rest of us will pile in, home or away, doesnt matter.
Their Facebook page says that the stadium seats 3,000.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Westervil ... 9899237524

The facility

Construction began on Central in 2002. The district hired Firestone Jaros Mullin, Inc./TMP Architecture to execute the project after declaring its proposal the best of those offered. The school features numerous facilities, including seven athletic fields, a 3000-seat stadium, an 1800-seat gymnasium, and a state-of-the-art 750-seat auditorium/theatre. The school design called for four distinct academic "wings" for focus on individual subjects. Each "academy" is marked by a distinct color; there are red, yellow, blue, and green wings. Central's centerpiece is its common area, traditionally referred to as Central Avenue. It serves as the school's dining area, is the point that connects all wings of the school, and also is the site for many school functions. It is meant to resemble Westerville's historic business district, Uptown Westerville, with a design that includes storefronts, signs, and lampposts. For its design, the school design earned the designation of "2004 Outstanding Design Award" from American School and University magazine.

Should be fun trying to fit 3500-4000 people in a 3000 seat stadium. :lol:

4thgoal
SEOPS

Post by 4thgoal »

I think the pictures are older and the stadium has been updated a little since then. The 2008 quote below came from this website....

http://www.centralwarhawksfootball.com/ ... cement.asp
The Warhawks' stadium has been expanded over the summer. Approximately 2,500 seats have been added -- with seating now extended almost goal line to goal line on the home side. The seating capacity has almost doubled on the visitors' side.

coop
SEOPS

Post by coop »

It's a shame, but nothing can be done about it now..

svbt1112
Varsity

Post by svbt1112 »

I am sorry if this has been covered before, but I just saw on the OHSAA website that the Region 19 winner plays the Region 17 winner.

Division V – State Semifinal Region Pairings Both games Fri., Nov. 25 at 7:30 p.m.
Region 17 vs. Region 19
Region 18 vs. Region 20
Division V - Regional Final Pairings (All games Fri., Nov. 18 at 7:30 p.m. unless noted)
Region 17: 1 Kirtland (12-0) vs. 3 Columbiana Crestview (11-1) at Warren G. Harding Mollenkopf Stadium
Region 18: 5 Hamler Patrick Henry (10-2) vs. 7 Hicksville (10-2) at Lima Stadium
Region 19: 1 Bucyrus Wynford (12-0) vs. 2 Lucasville Valley (12-0) at Westerville Central Warhawk Field
Region 20: 5 Coldwater (9-3) vs. 6 West Jefferson (10-2) at Piqua Alexander Stadium-Purk Field

I believe that Valley has a real shot of advancing to the State Finals and my hope is they continue to move past their opponents!

Good Luck Valley!

Return to “Football”