DV R19 Final: Bucyrus Wynford vs. Lucasville Valley

RoyalNut
Riding the Bench

Re: DV R19 Final: Bucyrus Wynford vs. Lucasville Valley

Post by RoyalNut »

chicken_coop wrote:CONGRATULATIONS TO Mr. Luke Keller.

Luke was selected by Jim Lachey as one of the players of the week on tonights Buckeye Roundtable!!
Mr. Luke Keller meet Mr Luke Miller! LOL he is our MLB. I couldn't resist

coop
SEOPS

Post by coop »

RoyalNut wrote:

Luke was selected by Jim Lachey as one of the players of the week on tonights Buckeye Roundtable!!
Mr. Luke Keller meet Mr Luke Miller! LOL he is our MLB. I couldn't resist

Poor Mr. Miller... 8)

biggdowgg
SEOPS HO

Post by biggdowgg »

Burg_Grad_77 wrote:
luvbigcats wrote:Sorry but I'm running a little late for the congrats to Valley on their win last week and theit trip to regional championship. I am pretty confident they will win the region this week with a win over Wynford. I wish we could of pulled off the win last friday but just didn't happen we had are chance to just didn't work out. I think if we could of won and had the Scioto county region 19 championship you would be looking at attendance of 7 to 8,000 maybe more. In 02 on our trip to the state finals the thing that surprised me the most was not that we made it but the support we received from all of Scioto county it was truely amazing, and I'm sure the Indians will have the same support on their quest to the state finals. One thing about this county of country hillbillies we might be at each others throat thoughout the year but when it comes down to it we have each others back. GOOD LUCK INDIANS I HOPE YOU WIN THE WHOLE DARN THING.

Wheelersburg had a lot of support from Scioto county back when they made their run to the state title in 1989. The only people I saw that made the trip from Scioto county and actually rooted against us was a group from Portsmouth that we saw at the regional finals and the state finals. Same group of guys at both games. Sour grapes I guess.
I'm sure there will be a lot of support from the other SOC schools. My father and I went up last week and set right amongst the Valley people and had a blast watching the game. I also saw a few others from the Burg as well as a group of guys from Minford. If I didn't have to work this weekend we would be going back up again and if Valley wins I will be going to watch the state semis.

Good luck to the Indians!!

I always root for ALL the local teams in the post season ,and travel to watch the games as I would if it was Portsmouth...your always going to have the "few" people that wont support there rival teams, from EVERY school.....like last year, one of your very own showed his true colors when Portsmouth was playing in te final 4 at the Schott :mrgreen: ...of course to be fair,,im not sure ALL of you call HIM, one of your own :mrgreen:

good luck to Valley,.

ZacBrownBand
Varsity

Post by ZacBrownBand »

http://static.radiohio.com//971thefan/A ... 1320258989

first segment
Congrats to Luke! Such a fine young man and such a fine athlete is very deserving of this!

Burg_Grad_77
SEOPS HO

Post by Burg_Grad_77 »

biggdowgg wrote:
Burg_Grad_77 wrote:
luvbigcats wrote:Sorry but I'm running a little late for the congrats to Valley on their win last week and theit trip to regional championship. I am pretty confident they will win the region this week with a win over Wynford. I wish we could of pulled off the win last friday but just didn't happen we had are chance to just didn't work out. I think if we could of won and had the Scioto county region 19 championship you would be looking at attendance of 7 to 8,000 maybe more. In 02 on our trip to the state finals the thing that surprised me the most was not that we made it but the support we received from all of Scioto county it was truely amazing, and I'm sure the Indians will have the same support on their quest to the state finals. One thing about this county of country hillbillies we might be at each others throat thoughout the year but when it comes down to it we have each others back. GOOD LUCK INDIANS I HOPE YOU WIN THE WHOLE DARN THING.

Wheelersburg had a lot of support from Scioto county back when they made their run to the state title in 1989. The only people I saw that made the trip from Scioto county and actually rooted against us was a group from Portsmouth that we saw at the regional finals and the state finals. Same group of guys at both games. Sour grapes I guess.
I'm sure there will be a lot of support from the other SOC schools. My father and I went up last week and set right amongst the Valley people and had a blast watching the game. I also saw a few others from the Burg as well as a group of guys from Minford. If I didn't have to work this weekend we would be going back up again and if Valley wins I will be going to watch the state semis.

Good luck to the Indians!!

I always root for ALL the local teams in the post season ,and travel to watch the games as I would if it was Portsmouth...your always going to have the "few" people that wont support there rival teams, from EVERY school.....like last year, one of your very own showed his true colors when Portsmouth was playing in te final 4 at the Schott :mrgreen: ...of course to be fair,,im not sure ALL of you call HIM, one of your own :mrgreen:

good luck to Valley,.

I know what you are saying biggdowgg. When it comes to playoff or tourney time as long as they aren't playing the Burg I root for all of the local teams to succeed and continue the march through the postseason. It just shocked us that someone from this area would travel those long distances just to root against a local team.

Izladoom
All State

Post by Izladoom »

im sorry i must have missed something what was luke not allowed to do?

Izladoom
All State

Post by Izladoom »

never mind i see it now how can they tell him he cant do that?

Burg_Grad_77
SEOPS HO

Post by Burg_Grad_77 »

I just finished watching the West/Wynford game and Wynford is good, but West didn't seem to have all that much problem running the ball on them and Valleys running game is much better than Wests so they should be able to run the ball against the Royals. Valley also has a much better passing game than West.

I don't understand why West didn't kick the FG with a 4th and 4 with around 9 minutes to play. Had they gotten that FG at that point in the game they could have went for the win with another FG there at the end.

I think Valley wins this one 35-21.

Aloudharley
Riding the Bench

Post by Aloudharley »

Luke Keller Loves God! Loves his teammates! Loves the game! He has done a quick one knee kneel, humbledly bowels his head, and then rises up pointing skyward to the heavens acknowledging the one who has given him his talent and abilities! He has done this the 33 times he scored this season! After this in the Ashland Creastview game a OSHAA official told him that he was not having any of that crap on his field! And if he done it again he would not only receive a 15 yard unsportsmanlike penalty but would be removed from the game! WHY? What's America coming too? Was this official acting as a OSHAA official or acting on his own? Luke always gives all credit to God, team mates and coaches! Never boost up, he would be embrassed to have someone say otherwise! He always extends a hand to help up to opp

nutronron2012
All State

Post by nutronron2012 »

Aloudharley wrote:Luke Keller Loves God! Loves his teammates! Loves the game! He has done a quick one knee kneel, humbledly bowels his head, and then rises up pointing skyward to the heavens acknowledging the one who has given him his talent and abilities! He has done this the 33 times he scored this season! After this in the Ashland Creastview game a OSHAA official told him that he was not having any of that crap on his field! And if he done it again he would not only receive a 15 yard unsportsmanlike penalty but would be removed from the game! WHY? What's America coming too? Was this official acting as a OSHAA official or acting on his own? Luke always gives all credit to God, team mates and coaches! Never boost up, he would be embrassed to have someone say otherwise! He always extends a hand to help up to opp
Very Nice Post. I completely agree. This is so dissappointing to me. There is and never has been anything unsportsmanlike that Keller has done. He is a complete class act and a good role model for the younger kids. As a Veteran, to see Luke's right taken away on Veterans Day really angered me. I hope these Officials can get it right this week.

ZacBrownBand
Varsity

Post by ZacBrownBand »

That is ridiculous that they won't let him give credit to God that way. Well I'm sure that on the sidelines after he scores, he probably does the gesture where no official could see or just simply says a prayer.

I don't know if there is any truth to this (complete sarcasm) but I'd heard somewhere that one of the reasons people came to America was for freedom of religion!! That official was limiting both his freedom of religion and his freedom of speech. What has this country come to.

His gesture is probably one of the least unsportsman like things he could do. It's not like he's taunting the other team or spiking the ball or in anyway showing that he is better. He is just giving credit where credit is due.

coop
SEOPS

Post by coop »

I've contacted multiple people at the OHSAA to find out if this is actually a rule, or if that ref is just an idiot. If they respond, I'll post my findings.

1fan
Freshman Team

Post by 1fan »

I was at church sunday when Luck was asked to come to the front and tell everyone about this incident. I was shocked as so was everyone. He has done this all yr!! I hope OHSAA returns ur call and Luke is allowed to kneel this week! I just wish there was somebody that we could really raise a stink with about this! This is so sad that a kid cant give praise to the one who gave him the abillity to score those TD's.
GOOD LUCK VALLEY FROM THIS SIDER FAN!!!!!! I will be there rooting you on!!!!

coop
SEOPS

Post by coop »

1fan wrote:I was at church sunday when Luck was asked to come to the front and tell everyone about this incident. I was shocked as so was everyone. He has done this all yr!! I hope OHSAA returns ur call and Luke is allowed to kneel this week! I just wish there was somebody that we could really raise a stink with about this! This is so sad that a kid cant give praise to the one who gave him the abillity to score those TD's.
GOOD LUCK VALLEY FROM THIS SIDER FAN!!!!!! I will be there rooting you on!!!!
Giving the referee the benefit of the doubt, I think his assumption was that it was just another player doing something to garner attention, but as we all know thats simply not the case. So, I'm hoping I find out if this is an ACTUAL rule or not.

crab_apple4
JV Team

Post by crab_apple4 »

Tobias wrote:Here is an idea.

How about the entire Valley cheering section take a knee and give thanks to the Lord after every TD?

OHSAA cannot prevent us from giving thanks to God.

:mrgreen:
That actually happened Friday night... After Keller was told to stop the cheering section did it on his next 2 TDs.

1fan
Freshman Team

Post by 1fan »

I say the cheering section take a knee and the fans point to god! that ought to about cover it all!! lol

SVDad
Freshman Team

Post by SVDad »

Good luck to the Indians - keep it going!!!!

sprinter14
Varsity

Post by sprinter14 »

This Chillicothe/Ironton fan wishes the Indians the best of luck. If all goes well, I will be watching my first Indians game Friday night.

cowboysTe74
Waterboy

Post by cowboysTe74 »

this one will be a battle for valley

nutronron2012
All State

Post by nutronron2012 »

sprinter14 wrote:This Chillicothe/Ironton fan wishes the Indians the best of luck. If all goes well, I will be watching my first Indians game Friday night.
Since it is you're first one, i hope they play lights out and leave you with a very good impression. This may be the most explosive offense i have ever seen at the high school level. Should be a very good game.

Return to “Football”