DV R19 Final: Bucyrus Wynford vs. Lucasville Valley

CharlieHustle
All Conference

Re: DV R19 Final: Bucyrus Wynford vs. Lucasville Valley

Post by CharlieHustle »

I did not feel like reading the previous 6 pages LOL...is the game being played at Upper Arlington? If so, just how bad is the parking?

Brother
Waterboy

Post by Brother »

The game is being played at Westerville Central HS.

Mr Basketball 14
Freshman Team

Post by Mr Basketball 14 »

scarlet_gray wrote:I did not feel like reading the previous 6 pages LOL...is the game being played at Upper Arlington? If so, just how bad is the parking?
Westerville Central Hope that saves you some reading.

here4fun
Varsity

Post by here4fun »

1fan wrote:I was at church sunday when Luck was asked to come to the front and tell everyone about this incident. I was shocked as so was everyone. He has done this all yr!! I hope OHSAA returns ur call and Luke is allowed to kneel this week! I just wish there was somebody that we could really raise a stink with about this! This is so sad that a kid cant give praise to the one who gave him the abillity to score those TD's.
GOOD LUCK VALLEY FROM THIS SIDER FAN!!!!!! I will be there rooting you on!!!!
Good Luck Luke Just keep giving praise to GOD where ever you are he is watching...!!!!
Last edited by here4fun on Tue Nov 15, 2011 6:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

mulligan
Waterboy

Post by mulligan »

nutronron2012 wrote:
sprinter14 wrote:This Chillicothe/Ironton fan wishes the Indians the best of luck. If all goes well, I will be watching my first Indians game Friday night.
Since it is you're first one, i hope they play lights out and leave you with a very good impression. This may be the most explosive offense i have ever seen at the high school level. Should be a very good game.
You have indeed led a sheltered life. Perhaps you should take in a Kenton game. The Wildcats are the definition of "explosive".

crab_apple4
JV Team

Post by crab_apple4 »

I'm as close to Luke as anyone on here (well almost anyone :122249 ) but I don't feel this incident should get blown out of proportion. He's not showing anyone up and he's not doing it for attention... I don't know if it was a rule from the OHSAA or if it was an individual official that took exception to Luke taking the knee and pointing to the sky? Whatever the case may be, if Luke wants to give thanks there are a few ways to go about this without raising a stink. Possibly tell the officials before the game that he takes a knee after scoring a TD... Maybe do it on the sideline after the play. I think the official was way out of bounds and felt like making his presence known, but I think that if giving thanks or praise is the goal then that should still be the objective. The objective shouldn't be to create a holy war because we have no idea the motives behind the officials actions. All I know is Luke is a fine young man that plays the game at an extremely high level and is thankful for his ability and opportunity... As a matter of fact, I think the attention to this should be humbling to everyone involved and give everyone pause as to the reason he his taking a knee. Remember it's not attention seeking, it's in reverence so IMO finding a way to do it with humbleness and humility is the ultimate goal.

Go Valley!
Last edited by crab_apple4 on Tue Nov 15, 2011 1:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

Here4Fun wrote:
1fan wrote:I was at church sunday when Luck was asked to come to the front and tell everyone about this incident. I was shocked as so was everyone. He has done this all yr!! I hope OHSAA returns ur call and Luke is allowed to kneel this week! I just wish there was somebody that we could really raise a stink with about this! This is so sad that a kid cant give praise to the one who gave him the abillity to score those TD's.
GOOD LUCK VALLEY FROM THIS SIDER FAN!!!!!! I will be there rooting you on!!!!
Here is the email to the commissioner of the OHSAA lets flood his email to get his attention about Luke Kellers incident and let him know how we feel.This is maybe a good place to start...!!!!! Commissioner Daniel B. Ross, Ph.D. dross@ohsaa.org

You can email them all you want, you won't get a response. I sent an email there a few years ago about why does the OH$AA allow the scalping of tickets at HS sporting events. They never responded back to it.

They have no cahonies to make a call and they sure are not going to get into a debate about religion on the field and whether or not a player is allowed to pray after a TD.

TheNatural
Riding the Bench

Post by TheNatural »

After watching some of Wynford's games on the web, I'm going with Valley 28-22. Let's go Indians!

mulligan
Waterboy

Post by mulligan »

I'm fairly sure the ref was just doing his job. The rule I believe has to do with drawing attention to yourself. It doesn't matter what the gesture is. I personally don't have problem with it, but one could ask, why does he only do it after a touchdown? Why not after a 5 yard loss, or why not before a play even starts. Why not wait until the end of the game. Because of the timing, it can be interpreted as drawing attention to oneself.

Aloudharley
Riding the Bench

Post by Aloudharley »

Don't miss this one! We Friday Night Football Fans are going to see one whale of a game!

May we have a game that both teams play to the best of there potential , while staying healthy!

Congradulations to the Loser on a Heck of a season!

To the Winner don't stop till you have given your all, or untill you have won it all!

Good Luck to all:

nutronron2012
All State

Post by nutronron2012 »

I remember a few weeks ago someone say they were working on Valleys stats for the season. Is anyone still working on that?

Alitown
Freshman Team

Post by Alitown »

mulligan wrote:I'm fairly sure the ref was just doing his job. The rule I believe has to do with drawing attention to yourself. It doesn't matter what the gesture is. I personally don't have problem with it, but one could ask, why does he only do it after a touchdown? Why not after a 5 yard loss, or why not before a play even starts. Why not wait until the end of the game. Because of the timing, it can be interpreted as drawing attention to oneself.
I'm guessing u have never seen Luke play or have even talked to him to know he doesn't care about getting attention. He prays before the games, he gets on a knee and prays everytime he is on the sideline. if he gets taken out for a break he prays. If he is getting ready to go back in for a new series on offense or defense he prays. He doesn't care about the attention he just wants to give credit to God for everything he has done for him. Yes he does want people to know he gives God all the credit, but that's only so others will follow in his footsteps and thank God for things he does for them. This kid wants to be a preacher, how many other 18 year olds want to be preachers? He doesn't do it for the attention, and I agree with crabapple that he doesn't want others make a big deal about this. I told to him after the game and told him its awful they wouldn't let him to that. He just looked at me and smiled and said "no its awesome, because tonight I wasn't the only one giving all glory to God, but so was everyone in the stands, it was all part of Gods plan". This kid makes every person who is around him a better person. He is always positive about everything no matter what it is and I don't think he wants everyone having negative feeling about this. He would be more happy with people glorifying God during the game than he would if everyone sent emails.

mulligan
Waterboy

Post by mulligan »

From looking at Google map overheads and stadium photos, Westerville Central's visitor seating is roughly double that of Reynoldsburg's. Both are about 70 yards long... Reynoldsburg goes about 10 rows deep and Westerville about 18.

Izladoom
All State

Post by Izladoom »

How is the parking going to be?

starbase_318
Varsity

Post by starbase_318 »

I'm curious how Valley will handle the spread and no huddle Wynford ran. This game could be one of big plays by both offenses. GO INDIANS!!

RoyalNut
Riding the Bench

Post by RoyalNut »

Aloudharley wrote:Luke Keller Loves God! Loves his teammates! Loves the game! He has done a quick one knee kneel, humbledly bowels his head, and then rises up pointing skyward to the heavens acknowledging the one who has given him his talent and abilities! He has done this the 33 times he scored this season! After this in the Ashland Creastview game a OSHAA official told him that he was not having any of that crap on his field! And if he done it again he would not only receive a 15 yard unsportsmanlike penalty but would be removed from the game! WHY? What's America coming too? Was this official acting as a OSHAA official or acting on his own? Luke always gives all credit to God, team mates and coaches! Never boost up, he would be embrassed to have someone say otherwise! He always extends a hand to help up to opp
I Hope some one tells your young man to wait till he gets over to his sidelines and do it. And I even as a Wynford Fan will applaud him!

That is 100% ridiculous!

snickering (if he scores that is!)

here4fun
Varsity

Post by here4fun »

RoyalNut wrote:
Aloudharley wrote:Luke Keller Loves God! Loves his teammates! Loves the game! He has done a quick one knee kneel, humbledly bowels his head, and then rises up pointing skyward to the heavens acknowledging the one who has given him his talent and abilities! He has done this the 33 times he scored this season! After this in the Ashland Creastview game a OSHAA official told him that he was not having any of that crap on his field! And if he done it again he would not only receive a 15 yard unsportsmanlike penalty but would be removed from the game! WHY? What's America coming too? Was this official acting as a OSHAA official or acting on his own? Luke always gives all credit to God, team mates and coaches! Never boost up, he would be embrassed to have someone say otherwise! He always extends a hand to help up to opp
I Hope some one tells your young man to wait till he gets over to his sidelines and do it. And I even as a Wynford Fan will applaud him!

That is 100% ridiculous!

snickering (if he scores that is!)
You will be applauding all night ....lol

RoyalNut
Riding the Bench

Post by RoyalNut »

starbase_318 wrote:I'm curious how Valley will handle the spread and no huddle Wynford ran. This game could be one of big plays by both offenses. GO INDIANS!!
I'm not trying to ruffle feathers here, I really am not. But if you want to see what Wynford's offense usually looks like go to that same site and watch the Smithville game. That is the offense that usually shows up. We seriously were off against West, my son is a pretty good friend of a few of the kids on the team, they even said we stunk up the place!

79Tiger
All Conference

Post by 79Tiger »

I wish the best for both teams. I hope no players get hurt and that the game is very competitive. I will be pulling for Valley to win though.

ZacBrownBand
Varsity

Post by ZacBrownBand »

Anyone else love how RoyalNut is on here and he is being greatly fair. I mean he doesn't try to just make this into a screaming contest and gives us good information on what we can expect. Sometimes people will just get on and say how much their team will when by and why we suck, but nope Royal has been very great about his posts. RN has given us some info about their team that we can discuss and try to make predictions about

You have represented Wynford well, RoyalNut. I thank you for being sportsman like on your posts

*Or she everywhere, we don't know lol

Return to “Football”