DV R19 Final: Bucyrus Wynford vs. Lucasville Valley

ny_buckeyes_07
Waterboy

Re: DV R19 Final: Bucyrus Wynford vs. Lucasville Valley

Post by ny_buckeyes_07 »

That young man is a beast, certainly not afraid of contact, and has good hands to boot. Looks like a great all around athlete on a great all around team. Good luck Valley!

starbase_318
Varsity

Post by starbase_318 »

Great vision and cut back abilities, good hands and will run over you if need be. It's going to be interesting to see what aspect of the offense Wynford tries to take away from Valley. This is going to be a helluva game. It may very well come down to who has the ball last or who plays best on special teams.

nutronron2012
All State

Post by nutronron2012 »

Can anyone confirm that West is chartering a bus for the football players so they can come up and help support Valley? If so, that is outstanding and show great class and sportsmanship. Hats off to the West Side

here4fun
Varsity

Post by here4fun »

Tobias wrote:This might help...

How did you get the video on here not just the link ?

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

Keller is not a super fast kid, but he has excellent vision and runs HARD.

Wynford may try to tackle him high......but not for long! He very rarely goes down on first contact, even when hit low. Excellent hands as a receiver.

Good luck tomorrow night. Go SOC.

coop
SEOPS

Post by coop »

UPNYA4 wrote:
nutronron2012 wrote:Can anyone confirm that West is chartering a bus for the football players so they can come up and help support Valley? If so, that is outstanding and show great class and sportsmanship. Hats off to the West Side
Well I just called the High School and the lady in the office said No....so unless it’s being organized outside of the school, I’m not sure??
I heard it was outside the school...not sure.

Jesco White
S

Post by Jesco White »

Paladin,

Where was it that you coached, again? I apologize for not remembering, but I don't know that I've ever read exactly where, only that you have indicated you coached.

coop
SEOPS

Post by coop »

YSU plays such a talented schedule as well...gotta have BIG TIME recruits to beat Indiana State...oh wait...

yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

UPNYA4 wrote:http://youtu.be/9flUG0Q8kcY

same size, same speed as Luke. This guy commits to OSU. I don’t see much of a difference is Style? So, Mr. Recruiter...What does the professional think?? :lol: :lol:

I've never seen so many missed tackles. Kind of hard to judge how good he is because it was evident that the talent he was playing against was horrible. Looked about what Keller went up against. Dunn, like Keller knew the talent wasn"t that good and he took advantage of it. It is not there fault that the teams they play are not very good. They just go out and every game play it like it is against a top notch foe.

sportsmr
Freshman Team

Post by sportsmr »

WOW nothing like bashing a 17/18 year old kid. I'm impressed.

bocephus
Riding the Bench

Post by bocephus »

Paladin_II you better be thinking up a new name because I have a feeling your not going to be around to much longer. Good bye!!!

sportsmr
Freshman Team

Post by sportsmr »

Thank you.

Crab's Brother
SEO

Post by Crab's Brother »

There is a great post on the northern Ohio board right now that applies here and to this poster.

It says there are two ways to be the tallest building around....build one up or tear all the other buildings down. Seems to me that someone loves to tear everything else down, to make himself feel like the biggest and best.

sportsmr
Freshman Team

Post by sportsmr »

Great post Crab's brother.

yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

What does it matter where he plays college ball at? Just to be playing in college is a major accomplishment. Just because he might go to a program like Morehead State, does that take away the factor that he is playing college ball? Didn't a pretty decent QB in the NFL come out of, in your eyes lowly Morehead St? Yeah, I beleive his name was Phil Simms.

If I'm Keller, yeah, I'd rather go to Morehead St, where I might get to play 3 out of my 4 years there, unlike Dunn, who will probably ride the pine for 2-3 years at OSU. If that is what he wants, to be able to say he played, let me rephrase that, was on the team at OSU, then so be it.

You have and always will be a clown on here. You have always treated SEO athletes like crap. Wouldn't matter if Valley or any other SEO team won a state title, you would still find something to diss them over.

crab_apple4
JV Team

Post by crab_apple4 »

I'd also like to point out that not one person mentioned him signing a college scholarship or playing DI ball... There were compliments on him as a player and person, and there was no mention of playing college ball. But you brought on the other stuff and kept changing your question after being proven wrong on your initial quotes. God forbid people get excited about a good young man that's had a record breaking season for the most successful team in his school's history.

Also, this entire topic has gotten out of hand. Luke is a humble kid who doesn't bring attention to himself and it also takes away from the accomplishments of his teammates. Many of his Valley teammates have had amazing seasons in their own right. This should be about them and what they could possibly accomplish this Friday night. Singling him out is fair to no one, especially to a kid that will credit his QB, FB, and line before himself. And each of them would do the same... There is no selfishness among this group and it has taken everyone of them to achieve the individual and collective success that has come about in 2011.

Finally, I could care less if Luke or any of these boys play another down after HS... I'm proud to know them and thankful the community gets to come along for the ride. This is why small town football is great! The majority of these boys are sons of Valley Alumni... To me that's exciting! I don't give a flip about your jaded two cent opinion!
Last edited by crab_apple4 on Thu Nov 17, 2011 3:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

crab_apple4
JV Team

Post by crab_apple4 »

yabbadabbadoo wrote:What does it matter where he plays college ball at? Just to be playing in college is a major accomplishment. Just because he might go to a program like Morehead State, does that take away the factor that he is playing college ball? Didn't a pretty decent QB in the NFL come out of, in your eyes lowly Morehead St? Yeah, I beleive his name was Phil Simms.

If I'm Keller, yeah, I'd rather go to Morehead St, where I might get to play 3 out of my 4 years there, unlike Dunn, who will probably ride the pine for 2-3 years at OSU. If that is what he wants, to be able to say he played, let me rephrase that, was on the team at OSU, then so be it.

You have and always will be a clown on here. You have always treated SEO athletes like crap. Wouldn't matter if Valley or any other SEO team won a state title, you would still find something to diss them over.
:aaaaa56 :aaaaa56 :aaaaa56 :aaaaa56 :aaaaa59

Alitown
Freshman Team

Post by Alitown »

crab_apple4 wrote:I'd also like to point out that not one person mentioned him signing a college scholarship or playing DI ball... There were compliments on him as a player and person, and there was mention of playing college ball. But you brought on the other stuff and kept changing your question after being proven wrong on your initial quotes. God forbid people get excited about a good young man that's had a record breaking season for the most successful team in his school's history.

Also, this entire topic has gotten out of hand. Luke is a humble kid who doesn't bring attention to himself and it also takes away from the accomplishments of his teammates. Many of his Valley teammates have had amazing seasons in their own right. This should be about them and what they could possibly accomplish this Friday night. Singling him out is fair to no one, especially to a kid that will credit his QB, FB, and line before himself. And each of them would do the same... There is no selfishness among this group and it has taken everyone of them to achieve the individual and collective success that has come about in 2011.

Finally, I could care less if Luke or any of these boys play another down after HS... I'm proud to know them and thankful the community gets to come along for the ride. This is why small town football is great! The majority of these boys are sons of Valley Alumni... To me that's exciting! I don't give a flip about your jaded two cent opinion!
TOTALLY AGREE!!!

Aloudharley
Riding the Bench

Post by Aloudharley »

“It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood, who strives valiantly; who errs and comes short again and again; because there is not effort without error and shortcomings; but who does actually strive to do the deed; who knows the great enthusiasm, the great devotion, who spends himself in a worthy cause, who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement and who at the worst, if he fails, at least he fails while daring greatly. So that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who know neither victory nor defeat.”

Jesco White
S

Post by Jesco White »

Aloudharley wrote:“It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood, who strives valiantly; who errs and comes short again and again; because there is not effort without error and shortcomings; but who does actually strive to do the deed; who knows the great enthusiasm, the great devotion, who spends himself in a worthy cause, who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement and who at the worst, if he fails, at least he fails while daring greatly. So that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who know neither victory nor defeat.”

On that note, just for the nay-sayers........LET'S GO PURPLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Return to “Football”