DV R19 Final: Bucyrus Wynford vs. Lucasville Valley

Jesco White
S

Re: DV R19 Final: Bucyrus Wynford vs. Lucasville Valley

Post by Jesco White »

RoyalNut wrote:WHAT A GAME!

OH MY GOSH! One of the best games I have ever seen. I want you guys to know, that was one of our teams best efforts of the year to win this game and we needed every bit of it.

Guys its been fun chatting with you guys.

Valley is a great football team

Keller's skills are pretty eye popping. He is really good.

Shame someone had to lose this one.

Class board you have here.Class Team and Class Fans

Thanks fella's
As already stated, thank you! You've been a lot of fun to chat with and we'll be pulling for you guys the rest of the way!! Both teams gave everything they had tonight! As much as the loss on the scoreboard stings, I feel priviledged to have witnessed the game in person. Such a hard fought game by two teams that just wouldn't quit!!

coop
SEOPS

Post by coop »

Not much I can say that hasnt already been said. What a football game...that was like a basketball game of "runs"...Valley up 27, Wyford up 13, tie game...OT, just crazy.

It's a shame those 2 teams arent in different Regions, because IMO they are 2 of the best teams in the state.

Good Luck to the Royals next week!!

It was a PLEASURE to log all those miles to watch these boys play!! Time for some roundball! GO INDIANS!

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

wow, i'm exhausted following the results of this one. that must have been an amazing game. superb year for the valley indians. your all's program is doing amazing right now. congratulations on a great year.

mulligan
Waterboy

Post by mulligan »

Wynford QB is Chatlain, not Chapman.

Yates was very impressive as well. We slowed down Keller (barely) and your QB came through with a fine game.

Simply the best game I've watched... ever... at any level.

huntergks
Waterboy

Post by huntergks »

I was at the game last night. Talk about an emotional roller coaster. It was the best game I have ever seen by 2 excellent HS teams. Congrats to both teams on a hard fought game & for 2 great seasons.

GO BIG BLUE!!!

BTW, Wynford's QB is Chatlain not Chapman.

Mad-Dogg
SEOP
Location: Wheelersburg Oh home of the 2x State Champs, 8x Regional Champs and 34x SOC Div 2 Champs

Post by Mad-Dogg »

Congrats to valley on a excellent season. 12-1 and regional runner ups in a great accomplishment. You boys made scioto co proud.

To the wynford royals. Congrats on the win and good luck in the state semi finals

Aloudharley
Riding the Bench

Post by Aloudharley »

Ok Football heads, I have question I thought we matched up really well with the Royals pretty well top to bottom. It seemed to me they took our defense out of the game when they would come to the line and show one formation. Valley would adjust to the defense we wanted. The they looked to side line and get a audible call quickly readjusting their set to put their strength against our weakness! Most often we had no time to adjust! What should we have done to offset this? Why don't offenses do more of this? Our strong against their strong I thought we had slight advantage however their strong against our weak side of course to our best athlete out of play

RoyalNut
Riding the Bench

Post by RoyalNut »

Aloudharley wrote:Ok Football heads, I have question I thought we matched up really well with the Royals pretty well top to bottom. It seemed to me they took our defense out of the game when they would come to the line and show one formation. Valley would adjust to the defense we wanted. The they looked to side line and get a audible call quickly readjusting their set to put their strength against our weakness! Most often we had no time to adjust! What should we have done to offset this? Why don't offenses do more of this? Our strong against their strong I thought we had slight advantage however their strong against our weak side of course to our best athlete out of play
I can answer this, we had a team that gave us false defensive looks, then right before the snap-after the audible call, they shifted into a different Defensive look. It worked for two series until our O coordinator realized what they were doing and started calling plays to run at what looked like the strength of that false look. Thing of it is, you have to have kids that will listen and buy into a system like this. A really good system like this makes good players seem great. Don't get me wrong some of our kids I think are great! This system puts the kids in the right place at the right time and gives kids that are trying to block even superior athletes a chance because they don't necessarily have to pancake block anyone, just get in their way at the right time. Most of our plays are the basic same plays, but they get ran out of different looks, makes it pretty hard to anticipate what is coming. This same system is taught all the way down through pee wee ball. By the time these kids get to varsity, I don't know if you noticed most players don't even huddle, they know what is going to be ran from just seeing those hand signals.

and here is a interesting side note to our game

I feel like just calling it "The Game"

that 48 pts you hung on us was the most anyone scored against us since the 2005 regional championship game vs Patrick-Henry at Tiffin Colombian Stadium. They scored 56. They also won the State Championship that year.

starbase_318
Varsity

Post by starbase_318 »

GO out and WIN it RN!!!!

RoyalNut
Riding the Bench

Post by RoyalNut »

starbase_318 wrote:GO out and WIN it RN!!!!
I think we got a shot! Everyone is over looking region 19

just how we like it!

starbase_318
Varsity

Post by starbase_318 »

Exactly!! Let them look ahead!!

RoyalNut
Riding the Bench

Post by RoyalNut »

RoyalNut wrote:
starbase_318 wrote:GO out and WIN it RN!!!!
I think we got a shot! Everyone is over looking region 19

just how we like it!

I'm just gonna say this! I think we might have just played the best team we were gonna play. Yea Yea I know Kirkland is the favorite and everyone is saying Coldwater this n that. Well if any team we have to play is that much better then Lucasville Valley. We are going to loose anyways!

Thats just how I see it!

starbase_318
Varsity

Post by starbase_318 »

You have been tested in a slug fest and a shootout. You won them both. Go get it done!!

FarAwayFalcon
Varsity

Post by FarAwayFalcon »

Haven't had a chance to post since last night. Wow, what a game, by far the best high school game I've ever seen in person. It was a shame the Indians couldn't come out on top, but they gave it their all and then some, hats off to them on an outstanding year.

Wynford seemed to adjust to the Valley D after the 1st quarter. They were really using their formations to get Keller and Yates as far from the play as possible, that strategy worked very well. The QB for Wynford really won the game for them, is he really just a soph? If so they'll be back the next two years.

Congrats to Valley on their season. They put the time in starting about this time last year and it paid off for them. This season will really get some momentum going for years to come for them.

nutronron2012
All State

Post by nutronron2012 »

IRONFALCON wrote:Haven't had a chance to post since last night. Wow, what a game, by far the best high school game I've ever seen in person. It was a shame the Indians couldn't come out on top, but they gave it their all and then some, hats off to them on an outstanding year.

Wynford seemed to adjust to the Valley D after the 1st quarter. They were really using their formations to get Keller and Yates as far from the play as possible, that strategy worked very well. The QB for Wynford really won the game for them, is he really just a soph? If so they'll be back the next two years.

Congrats to Valley on their season. They put the time in starting about this time last year and it paid off for them. This season will really get some momentum going for years to come for them.
No. Wynfords QB is a senior

TheNatural
Riding the Bench

Post by TheNatural »

Congrats to the Indians on a fine year. One of the best games I've ever seen with some of the best individual performances I've ever seen.

WitnessProtection
All Conference

Post by WitnessProtection »

Looking at the D5 statewide bracket, it appears that Wynford is the only one of the final 4 that has really been tested in tight games so far. Hicksville had a slugfest with Benton, but Kirtland and Coldwater have each enjoyed lopsided wins in all three games.
Here's a peek ...

Wynford 33, Smithville 7
Wynford 14, Portsmouth West 9
Wynford 54, Valley 48 (OT)

Kirtland 49, Columbiana 8
Kirtland 52, Garaway 7
Kirtland 35, Crestview 7

Coldwater 31, Covington 7
Coldwater 43, Versailles 0
Coldwater 28, West Jeff 6

Hicksville 28, Hopewell-Loudon 7
Hicksville 20, Benton 13
Hicksville 34, Patrick Henry 7

Most folks I've talked to say it should come down to Kirtland and Coldwater.
But that's why they play the games!
Great season by Valley. Good luck to all the seniors in their future endeavors.

Jeep-ster
Freshman Team

Post by Jeep-ster »

Great season Valley from a old jeep and my wife who went to Valley. We were routing for ya. :-D

Return to “Football”