Final Athens 24, Nelsonville-York 21

55buckeyes98
All Conference

Re: Final Athens 24, Nelsonville-York 21

Post by 55buckeyes98 »

Wouldn't practice for the soccer team count as some type of acclimation?

NYBUX
Varsity

Post by NYBUX »

93Bulldog wrote:BUCKEYE_MASTER ... Athens doesn't have freshmen listed on its roster either - yet some have played throughout the season (I know they brought one kid up to play versus Warren) ... I have seen numerous teams do this over the years, bring players up from lower levels to play varsity that are not on the roster at the beginning of the season.

I am by no means an expert on the rules of the OHSAA ... But I do know Ryan Adams is a pretty smart and fair guy - he would have made 110% sure that it was o.k. to have the kid play Friday.
93 Bulldog From what I hear you're no very good at copyright laws either :mrgreen: :twisted:

buckeye_master
Freshman Team

Post by buckeye_master »

93 Bulldog.....Im telling u watch this will bite u in the a$$ very soon!!!.....If ny would have done this with a kicker that just started 3 or 4 days before the game started Athens would have every lawyer in athens going threw the rules and calling the state.....lmao u people are so easy from athens to get joy out of lol

Pol pot
SE

Post by Pol pot »

buckeye_master wrote:93 Bulldog.....Im telling u watch this will bite u in the a$$ very soon!!!.....If ny would have done this with a kicker that just started 3 or 4 days before the game started Athens would have every lawyer in athens going threw the rules and calling the state.....lmao u people are so easy from athens to get joy out of lol

Do you want some cheese with that wine?

BuckeyePride03
Waterboy

Post by BuckeyePride03 »

[quote="A-Town Big Dog"]Also even if the OHSAA were to rule in favor of N-Y on the issue what would it prove? That a trophy and paint on a wall is all you care about? I seem to remember many N-Y fans pointing out that their forfeit loss to Wellston a few years ago didn't really matter because "we all know who won on the field". We could change the official record book and you could have the trophy but everone around will still rememer what happened on the field.quote]

Completely different circumstances. The ineligible player was put in during "mop-up" time after a huge blowout. It's not like they brought him in four days before the biggest game in school history. Personally, I think it says more about the coaching staff. Who kicked FGs for Athens in Weeks 1-9? Is the coaching staff is saying is that the roster they had for nine weeks was good enough to beat those nine teams, but needed to add too soccer players to beat N-Y?

As for the playoffs, if the OHSAA did, in fact, rule in favor of N-Y, wouldn't that affect seeding? Or no? I know N-Y was projected to obtain the #1 or #2 seed with a 10-0 record, and Athens was projected to travel with a 9-1 record.

blubomber89
Riding the Bench

Post by blubomber89 »

Buckeypride03, Smart move by the coach who in fact checked is research before making the move. Any way you can move to make your team better in a legal matter is why we play the game. If the roles were reversed as smart and as good a Coach as Boston, you don't think he would have thought to do that. Great game by the Buckeyes but they came up short. Good luck this Friday and let's move on.

Golfer101
JV Team

Post by Golfer101 »

Athens won the game, crying about it makes you look like a bunch of cry babies. Worry about week 11, week 10 is over and in the books.

A-Town Big Dog
S

Post by A-Town Big Dog »

This is the last time I'm gonna comment on this, DeVon kicked extra points most of the season with pretty good success and even had a 26 yd field goal at Waverly (5 yds more than the one Friday). Would the outcome have been different without the soccer kid? Maybe, maybe not. I can tell you this much, if you guys didn't turn the ball over 7 times (the real reason N-Y lost) and you guys won the game then this never would have been an issue to any of you Buckeye fans! BTW, it doesn't matter the circumstances, if you had beat Wellston by a point and the kid was in on one special teams (say punt team) play you guys would still remember winning the game as would everyone else. Now can we all quit wasting time on this subject and think about this week and not something in the past please?

bucks_09
Freshman Team

Post by bucks_09 »

This is getting pretty stupid. Athens won the game get over it we will win it next year. The soccer player may have made the winning fieldgoal but we also played a shitty first half and turned the ball over almost everytime we touched the darn thing. Both teams better get alot of things worked out in practice this week if they dont want blown out friday night. Congrads to Athens on your first 10-0 season your first home playoff game and your first tvc championship. Hopefully this game will be deciding all these things most years.

buckeye_master
Freshman Team

Post by buckeye_master »

Lmao i was just having a little fun with the thread about the kicker being a soccer player and look how many people jumped up to have something to say about it...come on i know athens won its over and done with...But it was nice seeing there was a point made. you athens folks started freaking out over someone saying something about the kicker lol i so wish the shoe was on the other foot hell yall would have had the president down here checking to see if it was legal lol....well ill get off the subject and nice win dogs u went 10-0 and i hope u beat jackson this friday night!!!!!

gymrat88
JV Team

Post by gymrat88 »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ssPw7IC87Mk

If you pause this at the 2:24 mark it seems to prove that Young's foot was out. The picture that was taken that was posted earlier was taken at a different frame. The official did not waste any time making the call, and he was in great position to make it. I see no reason why Nelsonville-York fans have any reason to complain about that.

As far as the kicker is concerned, if Athens cleared it with the OHSAA then it is perfectly legal. If they didn't talk it over with the OHSAA before the game, then I think N-Y has a case.

Good luck to both teams in the playoffs.

buckfan84
All Conference

Post by buckfan84 »

I agree it looks like he was out, but it also looks like Athens jumped on NY's PAT but as we know the game is over.

buckfan84
All Conference

Post by buckfan84 »

And for the record, I'm not crying foul. I thought the same thing when I was at the game and when I watched in on Channel 15 that night.

FANOSPORTS
SEOPS

Post by FANOSPORTS »

Ask anyone outside the USA and they'll tell you the real Football (Futball) is soccer.

diamondD1
JV Team

Post by diamondD1 »

Wish Nelsonville-York the best this weekend. Sure will be great if two TVC Ohio teams can move on even further.

BuckeyePride03
Waterboy

Post by BuckeyePride03 »

A-Town Big Dog wrote:This is the last time I'm gonna comment on this, DeVon kicked extra points most of the season with pretty good success and even had a 26 yd field goal at Waverly (5 yds more than the one Friday). Would the outcome have been different without the soccer kid? Maybe, maybe not. I can tell you this much, if you guys didn't turn the ball over 7 times (the real reason N-Y lost) and you guys won the game then this never would have been an issue to any of you Buckeye fans! BTW, it doesn't matter the circumstances, if you had beat Wellston by a point and the kid was in on one special teams (say punt team) play you guys would still remember winning the game as would everyone else. Now can we all quit wasting time on this subject and think about this week and not something in the past please?
The point is, the kid from N-Y wouldn't have played in the Wellston game if it was close. The Youtube video appears to be from the same area as the pic posted. N-Y's redemption will be this weekend. Go Bucks! Go Jackson!

Heavy D
All Conference

Post by Heavy D »

Funny thing is, Nelsonville people were ripping the Trimble coaches at the beginning of the year for supposedly trying to prove that a transfer player was ineligible to play. Now some of those same people are trying to get an Athens kid deemed ineligible. Extremely funny how people think. :lol:

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

For the younger folks who didn't realize the Doc. Kroner trophy goes waaaaaay back: Notice it say's 'long time' Athens physician Doc. Kroner in the caption: The guy has been at it a long time and the trophy goes pretty far back as well: The photo was taken in 1990 - 21 years ago - we we're fighting over it then - and we fight for it now ... lol

Here is the photo: http://trivalleyconference.com/Blogs.html

Return to “Football”