D6 R23 Semifinal: Symmes Valley (10-1) vs. Beallsville (9-2)

indianabuck
All State

Re: D6 R23 Semifinal: Symmes Valley (10-1) vs. Beallsville (

Post by indianabuck »

they may not have bid or refused the game. that is always possible.

Chieftain
Varsity

Post by Chieftain »

This should be a good one. Beallsville is coal mining country with miners, truck drivers & hard labor sons making up the team. Heard they are fast and have some skill people. We used to play them. Tough kids. Looking for a close game and I'll make my pick later after further review.

coop
SEOPS

Post by coop »

Judging by how they played @ East....I've got SV by 20

Steely Dan
SEOP

Post by Steely Dan »

indianabuck wrote:they may not have bid or refused the game. that is always possible.
They did bid for a round 2 game, and I would doubt that they'd refuse the game after bidding. But, you never know. Maybe someone from NY can confirm.

I only know what I was told by someone associated with the NY program.

indianabuck
All State

Post by indianabuck »

The other possibility is that they want to spread around the wealth, and now since Athens has turf, and they use Athens for many OHSAA events, they will start using them for footbal too instead of NY.

FANOSPORTS
SEOPS

Post by FANOSPORTS »

indianabuck wrote:The other possibility is that they want to spread around the wealth, and now since Athens has turf, and they use Athens for many OHSAA events, they will start using them for footbal too instead of NY.
What also comes into play now that Athens has turf, hmmmm !!!!! Where's the county seat, population, power and money ? (I hope it doesn't come to this but N-Y may never get to host another playoff game other than their own anymore if politics become involved in that county for this type of stuff like everything else).

Steely Dan
SEOP

Post by Steely Dan »

FANOSPORTS wrote:
indianabuck wrote:The other possibility is that they want to spread around the wealth, and now since Athens has turf, and they use Athens for many OHSAA events, they will start using them for footbal too instead of NY.
What also comes into play now that Athens has turf, hmmmm !!!!! Where's the county seat, population, power and money ? (I hope it doesn't come to this but N-Y may never get to host another playoff game other than their own anymore if politics become involved in that county for this type of stuff like everything else).
FOS - You just stated what I had in the back of my mind as well. Now, I do agree with indianabuck, maybe OHSAA is spreading the wealth, NY has hosted 2nd round games the last couple of years, and I don't recall if Logan did last year or not, so regardless, with a game in Athens and a game in Logan, locals like myself do have a choice if we want to go check out a 2nd round game and not have to drive too far.

Chieftain
Varsity

Post by Chieftain »

Yep, I'll stick with Beallsville, but should be a close game. Blue Devils 21-14

1longtimeviking
Freshman Team

Post by 1longtimeviking »

Paladin_II wrote:This should be a good one. Beallsville is coal mining country with miners, truck drivers & hard labor sons making up the team. Heard they are fast and have some skill people. We used to play them. Tough kids. Looking for a close game and I'll make my pick later after further review.
Sounds like Symmes Valley.

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

We've been saying for years that Athens is a prime spot to host playoff games ... All they needed was a good playing surface/new stadium and now they have one ... Its the location that makes it attractive, plus with the University, Athens probably has more places to eat than Nelsonville & Logan combined ... But back to the location: Teams from Eastern Ohio can travel right up Rt. 13, which basically brings you right into the Plains. Teams from the south can drive up Rt. 50 or Rt. 33 ... Teams form the west can take Rt. 32 and teams from the south just come down 33 ... All the roads take you right by the stadium, which can be seen from Rt. 33 once the lights are turned on. I would not be surprised if Athens gets a game or two every year for awhile.

A-Town Big Dog
S

Post by A-Town Big Dog »

I will be at this one since it's basically in my back yard.

OneHitWonder
Riding the Bench

Post by OneHitWonder »

:-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D
Last edited by OneHitWonder on Wed Oct 30, 2013 10:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

SVDad
Freshman Team

Post by SVDad »

Gee, I thought this was supposed to be a Symmes Valley / Beallsville thread, not an Athens / NY feud!! :lol:

I say the Viking mission continues - SV wins!

WE ARE ND
JV Team

Post by WE ARE ND »

Best of luck to the vikings.

OneHitWonder
Riding the Bench

Post by OneHitWonder »

No Feud here.

I think that Nelsonville-York does an outstanding job of hosting playoff games. I have atteneded several over the past couple of years and my only complaint would be a lack of seating for some of the games.. But as for the atmosphere and facilities N-Y is first rate, Not to mention their great hospitality..

My issue was with certain posters who spend way to much time on here belittling schools or teams.. I like you SVDad would like to see much more discussion about the games and less innuendo and backhanded jabs at schools, teams, players, coaches and yes fellow posters.

timeout
Riding the Bench

Post by timeout »

Symmes Valley 35 Beallsville 13

Tiger Man
Varsity

Post by Tiger Man »

Good Luck Symmes Valley!!!

FANOSPORTS
SEOPS

Post by FANOSPORTS »

OneHitWonder wrote:
FANOSPORTS wrote:

darn, You caught us.

Yep it's true just like Full of Sh.. whoops sorry Fanosports said Athens High School with all of it's wealth and political power not to mention all of its pull with the OHSAA, half of the commissioners are either AHS or OU grads, has effectively shut N-Y out of the playoff hosting business.

From this point on N-Y will be lucky to get the Bitty League Super Bowl game which incidently was also played at Athens High School this year...

I'm really glad this site has a poster such as yourself who can see a conspircy a mile away and if not MAKE ONE UP!!!

GET A LIFE :evil:
It's the same way everywhere not just Athens. Newer, bigger and better always prevails even when it doesn't make sense regardless of whether you believe it or not, all you have to do it look around. By the way, what was your one hit "OneHitWonder" ? I think you may have been the bass player for Wild Cherry on "Play that Funky Music" but then you would have had to relocate from northern Ohio to Athens county. If you want another hit (in more ways than one) you might travel to the "Fur Peace Ranch" down in Meigs county and talk to Jorma Kaukonen (Jefferson Airplane, Hot Tuna). I'm sure he could fix you up with something that would get you to thinking straight. :lol:

river86
Waterboy

Post by river86 »

Dont know much about Symmes Valley but I have seen Beallsville play. Dont count them out too fast. They are wicked fast. They love to spread the field and will run the option alot. Good luck to Symmes Valley but I say this could be the upset special this week. Beallsville 21-20

coop
SEOPS

Post by coop »

Paladin_II

I completely understand your northern bias/love fest, but Beallsville STRUGGLED with the the second place SOC 1 team, the same team SV beat 62-13 a few weeks prior. Beallsville better come ready to play, or this one is over at the half.

Return to “Football”