Logan Needs A Weight and Speed Coach

moonshine
SEO

Logan Needs A Weight and Speed Coach

Post by moonshine »

The current coaching staff needs to consider this as an option to help with the current level of talent in the system! Changes must occur!
Last edited by moonshine on Thu Nov 10, 2011 10:59 am, edited 1 time in total.

LHS 72
S

Re: Logan Needs A Weight and Speed Coach

Post by LHS 72 »

Even if the level of talent is only fair this group needs to look at improving the teams speed and overall conditioning. The coaches must take advange of all allowed opportunites to push these kids hard and take no excuses. Remember, Excuses are for Losers!

C-Bolt
SEOP

Post by C-Bolt »

I don't think the weight program is that bad,all we hear during the offseason is how hard the kids are lifting, how much they were in the weight room and how strong they are getting blah blah blah, we hear it every year,I do think they need some kind speed training established although its been said that's the one thing you can't teach..

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

C-Bolt wrote:I don't think the weight program is that bad,all we hear during the offseason is how hard the kids are lifting, how much they were in the weight room and how strong they are getting blah blah blah, we hear it every year,I do think they need some kind speed training established although its been said that's the one thing you can't teach..
Fraun might have something to say on that

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Greg Fraunfelter?

moonshine
SEO

Post by moonshine »

Tobias wrote:Have you considered Curt Clifford from Portsmouth?

He has 23 years of head coaching experience (plus 10+ more years as an assistant). He runs the weight and conditioning program at Portsmouth HS like a tyrant.

He would be perfect for Logan.

Would you like for me to contact him for you?

:mrgreen:
Tobias, Thanks but no thanks, you can keep your problems!

moonshine
SEO

Post by moonshine »

Tobias wrote:
moonshine wrote:
Tobias wrote:Have you considered Curt Clifford from Portsmouth?

He has 23 years of head coaching experience (plus 10+ more years as an assistant). He runs the weight and conditioning program at Portsmouth HS like a tyrant.

He would be perfect for Logan.

Would you like for me to contact him for you?

:mrgreen:
Tobias, Thanks but no thanks, you can keep your problems!
Are you sure? I am sure that he could convince you if you speak with him.

:lol:
We have enough problems with our current staff, but we do offer the the entire month of june off for family and vacation time!

WitnessProtection
All Conference

Post by WitnessProtection »

Logan folks ... CHILL OUT A LITTLE!
Yes. Your Chiefs have struggled over the past two seasons, but they won 8 SEOAL titles from 2000-2009; 7 of those outright. The team is in a down time, but it will rebound.
Fans of most other programs in SEO would kill to have the success you guys have enjoyed over the past decade and will enjoy again.

Loganchiefsnation
Freshman Team

Post by Loganchiefsnation »

For the 100th time people, please stop believing what Moonshine is telling you!! The football program in no way gave off the entire month of June for family time and vacations. I have a son in the program and they had three workouts last June. Im looking at last summers schedule right now!! All he wants to do is stir up stuff in between reruns of MASH on Nick at Night. There at one point was a gentleman's agreement btwn football and basketball to give time to allow for basketball camps in June for multi sport athletes to be a part of that or other sport camps. The weight room was packed each time I showed up to get my son from the off season lifting thru last season until the summer and Coach Harris did a great job. Coach Jones is another weightroom rat and he is an animal about getting the kids to do what they need to do the right way. Those are the FACTS. Anything else is just fluff for some bored old timer who thinks Logan should get rid of every sport or every coaching staff because we arent going undefeated every season. He has called out no less than 4 different sports, in a year and a half. That is also FACT. It appears alot of people on here react to his posts like a car wreck; you know you shouldnt look over at it; but you do anyway and I am certain he sits at home with his cocoa pebble stained tshirt and in his underwear, staring at his computer screen just grinning like Charlie Sheen did in Wall Street. LOOK AWAY PEOPLE!! LOOK AWAY!!

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

Logan works the weights and if you would line this past years team up, with the ones they played, and had them run the length of the field they would have beat everyone but Reynoldsburg.

Flatulence
Freshman Team

Post by Flatulence »

Years of experience at coaching and still no one hears. I once attended a coaching clinic and Tim Krumrie and Anthony Munoz discussed training for football. It was enlightening. Both men said they had NO idea how much they could bench press or squat. They did however know how many times they could squat 300 pounds or leg press 600 pounds. They knew what their vertical jump and standing long jump was. They knew how fast they could travel 10 and 20 yards and they knew how quickly they could bring their hands up and hit the opposition. Now Tim was on heck of a nose guard and Anthony was not a bad left tackle. Both said that as they aged they knew their quickness was going even though they tried to keep it up and that is was their quickness, explosion, agility, power, and muscular endurance that kept them competitive. They did plyometrics, agility drills, speed building drills, and short sprints as well as some weight training. These were the guys who invented the idea of pushing and towing a car as a workout and carrying anvils up and down a field. They did speed bag drills, but said seldom if ever did any of them attempt to see how much they could lift. As Krumrie said, "I have to be able to push around two 300 pounders for at least 50 plays on the field so why wouldn't I want to be able to do 60 repetitions of 600 pounds on a leg press?" He thought that those who wanted to lift for one time repetitions as proof of strength may be okay for them but it did not work for him.

After this clinic I began studying up on plyometrics and Russian pyramid training and we started using it for track and field. we seemed to hold our own for a small D-I school with the big boys.

moonshine
SEO

Post by moonshine »

Flatulence wrote:Years of experience at coaching and still no one hears. I once attended a coaching clinic and Tim Krumrie and Anthony Munoz discussed training for football. It was enlightening. Both men said they had NO idea how much they could bench press or squat. They did however know how many times they could squat 300 pounds or leg press 600 pounds. They knew what their vertical jump and standing long jump was. They knew how fast they could travel 10 and 20 yards and they knew how quickly they could bring their hands up and hit the opposition. Now Tim was on heck of a nose guard and Anthony was not a bad left tackle. Both said that as they aged they knew their quickness was going even though they tried to keep it up and that is was their quickness, explosion, agility, power, and muscular endurance that kept them competitive. They did plyometrics, agility drills, speed building drills, and short sprints as well as some weight training. These were the guys who invented the idea of pushing and towing a car as a workout and carrying anvils up and down a field. They did speed bag drills, but said seldom if ever did any of them attempt to see how much they could lift. As Krumrie said, "I have to be able to push around two 300 pounders for at least 50 plays on the field so why wouldn't I want to be able to do 60 repetitions of 600 pounds on a leg press?" He thought that those who wanted to lift for one time repetitions as proof of strength may be okay for them but it did not work for him.

After this clinic I began studying up on plyometrics and Russian pyramid training and we started using it for track and field. we seemed to hold our own for a small D-I school with the big boys.
Just what I mean, we need some direction, one leader!

moonshine
SEO

Post by moonshine »

When will conditioning and lifting start. is the staff starting to plan for next year! Football need s to be a year round program!

King of Kings
Freshman Team

Post by King of Kings »

Logan doesnt need a weight and speed coach. They need to play a better schedule to allow your teams to compete.
Signed
Athens

1987chieftains
SEOPS H

Post by 1987chieftains »

you mean compete and dominate the smaller and very inferrior.

klaw10
Riding the Bench

Post by klaw10 »

How about some kids who want to work? Offseason conditioning program at Logan is fine, so is the coaching staff. How about we wait at least 5 years so we have some time for an entire cycle of talent to work through the system. Look what you got with basketball Moonshine....you wanted to get rid of the last guy and hire a new coach...you were happy with the hire and look how well that is working out. It is HIGH SCHOOL.....Coaches need talent to work with....from a talent standpoint both of the aforementioned sports are at their lowest points in the last 25 years......

moonshine
SEO

Post by moonshine »

klaw10 wrote:How about some kids who want to work? Offseason conditioning program at Logan is fine, so is the coaching staff. How about we wait at least 5 years so we have some time for an entire cycle of talent to work through the system. Look what you got with basketball Moonshine....you wanted to get rid of the last guy and hire a new coach...you were happy with the hire and look how well that is working out. It is HIGH SCHOOL.....Coaches need talent to work with....from a talent standpoint both of the aforementioned sports are at their lowest points in the last 25 years......
You do not understand this is what kelly needs to help the team.Also it did not take Jackson, Gallia and Logan Elm 5 years to wait for talent to come throught the system. As far as the basketball coach meyers could not have done any better! The problem with our Coaching staffs now is that to many parents and grandparents are trying to coach to team. and we have a school board that do not want to have little Johnnie yelled at!

klaw10
Riding the Bench

Post by klaw10 »

moonshine wrote:
klaw10 wrote:How about some kids who want to work? Offseason conditioning program at Logan is fine, so is the coaching staff. How about we wait at least 5 years so we have some time for an entire cycle of talent to work through the system. Look what you got with basketball Moonshine....you wanted to get rid of the last guy and hire a new coach...you were happy with the hire and look how well that is working out. It is HIGH SCHOOL.....Coaches need talent to work with....from a talent standpoint both of the aforementioned sports are at their lowest points in the last 25 years......
You do not understand this is what kelly needs to help the team.Also it did not take Jackson, Gallia and Logan Elm 5 years to wait for talent to come throught the system. As far as the basketball coach meyers could not have done any better! The problem with our Coaching staffs now is that to many parents and grandparents are trying to coach to team. and we have a school board that do not want to have little Johnnie yelled at!
Maybe that is because of where the were in the cycle. I agree completely with the parent issue. That coupled with incompetent administrators is also a real factor in the recent struggles.

FatCharlie
Riding the Bench

Post by FatCharlie »

Logan just keeps getting better and better!

Return to “Football”