TVC-Hocking 2009

Who wins?

Total votes: 0

newlex/sheridan
Varsity

Re: TVC-Hocking 2009

Post by newlex/sheridan »

They need to go, the beatings they take in football and basketball against the much bigger MVL schools is not good for those kids.

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

Well, There not going any where so I don't know what to tell you.

eaglefan1
Varsity

Post by eaglefan1 »

Trimble will rock South Gallias world in football, hate to break it you...I believe South Gallia is in for a rude awakening when they join the TVC.

Lungbuster
JV Team

Post by Lungbuster »

i agree 100%

X8XOHIOLEGENDX7X
SEOPS

Post by X8XOHIOLEGENDX7X »

1. Trimble
2. fed hocking
3. eastern
4. waterford
5. Miller
6. Southern

buckeye_master
Freshman Team

Post by buckeye_master »

1) Trimble
2) Federal Hocking
3) Waterford
4) Southern
5) eastern
6) Miller

athens78
All State

Post by athens78 »

South Gallia was a poor addition to the TVC. Not good in anything. Plus look at the drive you just created for teams. Belpre to South Gallia, Miller to South Gallia really all will be long drives except Southern and Eastern.

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

athens78 wrote:South Gallia was a poor addition to the TVC. Not good in anything. Plus look at the drive you just created for teams. Belpre to South Gallia, Miller to South Gallia really all will be long drives except Southern and Eastern.

They may not be real good now but with the stability of the TVC they will have a chance to get better.

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

gahs4ever wrote:Howcum when people look at driving distances they only look at it one way....how it affects them?

Bellyaching about one trip to Mercerville every other year in football are we? How about SG having to make the long drives for EVERY away league game and I dont hear them whining! But then that is someone who claims to be from Athens and when was the last time Athens had anything decent in football and basketball?

SG has made the playoffs twice in FB this decade and Athens??? well....ummmm

SG has made the Convo district in basketball several times as well this decade? Athens??? well...ummm they buy tickets and watch SG play.

Chill out. You don't have to be rude.

WitnessProtection
All Conference

Post by WitnessProtection »

Uh, South Gallia has to make trips to Miller, Belpre, Fed Hock and Waterford.
It's not like it's a one-way schedule.

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

gahs4ever wrote:Orange and Brown: I notice that when you are calling out people for being rude you single me out at give Athens78 a pass for saying basically the same thing. To wit:

athens78 wrote:South Gallia was a poor addition to the TVC. Not good in anything.

He said SG isnt good in ANYTHING. I asked the question when was the last time Athens was good in just football and basketball.

Why single me out? That IS rude!

I don't single you out. I am one of the few people on here who respect the things you say. I am Sorry if you feel that way. That was never my intention to make you feel that way.

otterslide
JV Team

Post by otterslide »

Well it is pretty much official. South Gallia is in the Hocking Division and Belpre has moved to the Hocking Division. Belpre's student enrollment continues to decline. Very sad to see but the economy is definatly not booming in the area. All the plants and business are going elsewhere but life is life and thus another hurdle to jump. There are several pros and cons for Belpre in this change but numbers are the deciding factor. The only two schools to oppose the move of Belpre was Trimble and Eastern. However, Belpre at this point just can't compete with Athens and the larger schools. NY has the program in the right direction and had done a great job in there football programs regardless of the student numbers. It was also noted in the Marietta Times that this would take effect 2010-2011 but it also made note that it may take affect this year possibly.

What is everyone's opinions on Belpre moving to the Hocking Division? Please be as nice as possible posting your opinions. This question in no means is to start and arguement but simply as a discussion.

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

otterslide wrote:Well it is pretty much official. South Gallia is in the Hocking Division and Belpre has moved to the Hocking Division. Belpre's student enrollment continues to decline. Very sad to see but the economy is definatly not booming in the area. All the plants and business are going elsewhere but life is life and thus another hurdle to jump. There are several pros and cons for Belpre in this change but numbers are the deciding factor. The only two schools to oppose the move of Belpre was Trimble and Eastern. However, Belpre at this point just can't compete with Athens and the larger schools. NY has the program in the right direction and had done a great job in there football programs regardless of the student numbers. It was also noted in the Marietta Times that this would take effect 2010-2011 but it also made note that it may take affect this year possibly.

What is everyone's opinions on Belpre moving to the Hocking Division? Please be as nice as possible posting your opinions. This question in no means is to start and arguement but simply as a discussion.

I think its a good move for Belpre. They will be able to compete with schools closer to there size and that will be good for the whole community.

WitnessProtection
All Conference

Post by WitnessProtection »

I'm glad to see South Gallia finally get into a league.
The TVC will be a good fit for the Rebels in all sports.

redbone
Waterboy

Post by redbone »

Trimble will continue to win this division frequently, even in in years when the talent is down. Their ability to win is based upon tradition, talent, and community expectations. The players know that they need to be agressive, and it is a football minded community.

Texastomcats stated in a previous post about the superintendent and school administrators, it seems that no matter who is in charge the football program still gets the support they need and keeps on winning. I have seen the last two high school principals at every game and rarely do I see the superintendent. Again, it doesn't stop the machine from winning! lets keep our focus and win the TVC, again.

cg 22
JV Team

Post by cg 22 »

Belpre will make it ruff for Trimble to win the league every year. Why else would Trimble have voted against them?

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Belpre will be a good fit and they will be near the top of the TVC-HOCKING very soon.

tomcatfan
Riding the Bench

Post by tomcatfan »

Belpre is nothing, they are a basketball school. Yes they are a good basketball school but they will never beat the cats in football. Trimble is a football school and will win th TVC next year.

whompascat
All Conference

Post by whompascat »

I wouldn't say never unless your talking about southern

Texastomcats
Freshman Team

Post by Texastomcats »

Redbone:

I never said Trimble Football will not get the support. It is a football school and we will continue the tradition as always by being on top. I was just replying to the gentlemen who stated the Principal and Superintendent came from Southern. I do not care where there from. I will stick on the subject and say this Lets Go Cats !!!

We can always use change !

Good Luck Cats !!

redbone wrote:Trimble will continue to win this division frequently, even in in years when the talent is down. Their ability to win is based upon tradition, talent, and community expectations. The players know that they need to be agressive, and it is a football minded community.

Texastomcats stated in a previous post about the superintendent and school administrators, it seems that no matter who is in charge the football program still gets the support they need and keeps on winning. I have seen the last two high school principals at every game and rarely do I see the superintendent. Again, it doesn't stop the machine from winning! lets keep our focus and win the TVC, again.

Return to “Football”