SEOAL 2009

Who wins?

Total votes: 0

swamisez
JV Team

Re: SEOAL 2009

Post by swamisez »

Didn't ironton go 6-3 in 1999?

I think they lost to burg, Desales, and maybe a kentucky team.
They were the last seed in the region and swept through Cincinnati.

If Ironton repeats 99 and goes 6-3 they will finish 3rd or fourth in the league.

swamisez
JV Team

Post by swamisez »

Didn't ironton go 6-3 in 1999?

If Ironton repeats 99 and goes 6-3 they will finish 3rd or fourth in the league.

ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

swamisez wrote:Didn't ironton go 6-3 in 1999?

Yes, Ironton went 6-3 in 99 and played in the State Championship game finishing State Runner Up to Sandusky Perkins by a score of 14-16.

Wins: South Point, Gallipolis, Dayton Belmont, Ashland KY, Portsmouth, Columbus South
Playoffs wins: Cincinnati Wyoming, Cincinnati Indian Hill, German Town Valley View, Youngstown Cardinal Mooney

Losses: Wheelersburg, Belfry, KY , Columbus Desales
Playoffs: Sandusky Perkins

trojandave
SEOP
Location: Portsmouth HS--15 State Appearances in Boys Basketball--4th All Time in Ohio

Post by trojandave »

Although I picked Logan to win the SEOAL, I wouldn't be surprised to see Ironton beat the Chieftains at Tank Stadium this season. A good Logan team only won 7-0 at Tank 3 years ago. It is rarely EASY to win at Ironton, even if you win........Portsmouth winning 41-18 two years ago was the most lopsided win for the Trojans at Tank in the last 40 years......and Portsmouth has lost many more in those 40 years than they have won......this year I think the toughest game for the Trojans in 2009 will be at Tank Stadium.

grizzlynatural
Varsity

Post by grizzlynatural »

trojandave wrote:Although I picked Logan to win the SEOAL, I wouldn't be surprised to see Ironton beat the Chieftains at Tank Stadium this season. A good Logan team only won 7-0 at Tank 3 years ago. It is rarely EASY to win at Ironton, even if you win........Portsmouth winning 41-18 two years ago was the most lopsided win for the Trojans at Tank in the last 40 years......and Portsmouth has lost many more in those 40 years than they have won......this year I think the toughest game for the Trojans in 2009 will be at Tank Stadium.

7-0 without their starting running back who had 7 200 yard rushing games that year in the muddiest football game i have ever witnessed. Had NOTHING to do with it being the tank or anything like that. Logan is NOT intimidated and will win that game by 28+.

Bigbluewarriorfan
Riding the Bench

Post by Bigbluewarriorfan »

What I think will go down this year.

1.Logan
2.Ironton
3.Chilly
4.Jackson
5.Warren
6.Portsmouth
7.Marietta
8.Gallia

BigTime
JV Team

Post by BigTime »

Bigbluewarriorfan wrote:What I think will go down this year.

1.Logan
2.Ironton
3.Chilly
4.Jackson
5.Warren
6.Portsmouth
7.Marietta
8.Gallia

Portsmouth will finish no worse than 3rd. They will beat Chilly, Jackson, Warren, Gallia, and Marietta. The only one they could possibly lose to in the conference this year would be Ironton. 6th place that's a joke Bigbluewarriorfan.

1987chieftains
SEOPS H

Post by 1987chieftains »

1.Logan
2.Ironton
3.Chilly
4.Portsmouth
5.Warren
6.Jackson
7.Marietta
8.Gallia

Bigbluewarriorfan
Riding the Bench

Post by Bigbluewarriorfan »

Bigbluewarriorfan wrote:Portsmouth will finish no worse than 3rd. They will beat Chilly, Jackson, Warren, Gallia, and Marietta. The only one they could possibly lose to in the conference this year would be Ironton.

Just because Portsmouth is your team doesnt mean that you will do so good. Chilly and Jackson Are favored to be ahead of Portsmout. But Warren has a good chance of beating you like they did last year. Also they have improved alot and got a whole lot more kids out to play. It will be a verry good game. Also Gallia and Marietta should be good games also. But we dont know anything till the games are played!!

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

Portsmouth will do good if this year Jrs. shine like their freshman year. Good under classman don't always do so well when getting to the varsity level.

Last year senior class at Marietta was one of the beat freshman class in the league and they just didn't pan out.

trojandave
SEOP
Location: Portsmouth HS--15 State Appearances in Boys Basketball--4th All Time in Ohio

Post by trojandave »

grizzlynatural: I never said Logan was intimidated..........and looking back at the series, when was the last easy win by the Chieftains at the Tank? Ironton leads the series something like 16-7.........I know of 2 LHS wins that came at the Tank.......back in the early 70's (1972?) and 3 years ago.......both were close wins.

The Chieftains may win easily.......I picked them to win the SEOAL......all I said was that I wouldn't be surprised to see Ironton win........I know this, I have seen some Portsmouth teams over the last 40 years every bit as good as Logan come into the Tank and go home with a loss.........

trojandave
SEOP

Post by trojandave »

Tobias: Thanks for the series record.........looks like the Chieftains have 2 wins at Ironton in the 70's, 1971, 1977 and 3 years ago with the 7-0 win.

2old
All Conference

Post by 2old »

Please note this discussion of Ironton having any success against Logan comes in the last century. Most posters do not like to deny a school their history, but more relevant and timely posting would say that Logan is currently dominating ironton on the grid iron. The results of the last two games certainly demonstrate and define domination. Ironton had their day. That day is over. Logan now dominates the SEOAL.

Ironton will not beat the Chiefs in 2009. After that ironton is tucking their collective tails and looking for easier teams to beat. Good luck to ironton. I would suggest they look out of state and out of the country for possible victories.

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

I would say Ironton has been down a little and Logan has been up more than a little, plus I would say Logan is getting better coaching 7 thur 12 than in the past. With both programs going this way it will seem that one is dominating. I really don't think Ironton is leaving the league because of falling to some teams. So much has changed football all over.

Strong side
Riding the Bench

Post by Strong side »

thats what i like about 2old every thing that comes out of his mouth is the same that comes out of his ars .Your a big dust fart. I don't know you but bout guarantee your eyes are brown ,because your so full of it :roll: :roll: :lol: :lol: :lol:

1987chieftains
SEOPS H

Post by 1987chieftains »

good to see you back 2old.

qualified101
SEO

Post by qualified101 »

welcome back 2old. your insightful posting posting has been missed. :122249

ironmen1987
SE

Post by ironmen1987 »

Logan has enjoyed a sweet ride of late but i have a hard time believing anyone will get through the conference undefeated. I also find it hard to imagine Gallia at the bottom. As for Ironton, they cant stay in a league for long and i'm not sure why the SEOAL keeps letting them come back. They need to join Athens and beat up on D6 teams lol...

bvmv4life
All Conference

Post by bvmv4life »

It will come down to the BIG 3 of course
1. Logan
2. Chillicothe
3. Ironton
Everyone else is playing for fourth!!!!! Logan is the big dawg until somebody knocks them off!

BBallin fool
SEOP

Post by BBallin fool »

I Hope they give the new coach at GAHS a fair shot 39 players upper grades 15 FR.

Return to “Football”