D4 R15 Semifinal: Ironton (7-4) vs. Johnstown-Monroe (11-0)

ItownHosscat
S

Re: D4 R15 Semifinal: Ironton (7-4) vs. Johnstown-Monroe (11

Post by ItownHosscat »

More Ironton fans should be more like Turk!!
Nary a care on the drive time here,actually I like the road trip,lots of fun things to do on the way up ie slug-bug,license plate bingo,among others.
Go Tigers!!

cant stop this
All State

Post by cant stop this »

If Ironton plays that kind of defesne against JM they will be hard to beat! Turnovers will be huge as they are in every big game, after all the fumbling problems i think this team is due to turn the turnover margin around in their favor. Losing Culbertson will be tough for the Tigers, but capable backups will need to step up like in the AC game. Hopefully no injuries plague the tigers this week in preperation for the game! Early week prediction I-22, JM-13

sprinter14
Varsity

Post by sprinter14 »

I can tell you now, Hamilton Township facility is not ideal for a D-IV game of this magnitude. I was there last year for the D-V game of Oak Hill and there was about half the seating that was needed. HT has almost NO following for their program, so they built bleachers to match their fan size. This place was not built with intention to host playoff crowds. It will hold a few more tham Amanda, but not much.

BubbleGumTiger
SEOPS Hippo

Post by BubbleGumTiger »

cant stop this wrote:TTT you buying for everyone at Big boy?

When u get there tell them to put your bill on mine, I'll be there about 5:15.......

johnstownjohnnies29
Waterboy

Post by johnstownjohnnies29 »

Listen, sorry that Johnstown is 11-0 and #2 seed. Suck it up Southern Ohio. We'll see you and your crappy sportsmanship on the field when the Johnstown Johnnies CRUSH you guys. good luck though :) HAHAHHA

BubbleGumTiger
SEOPS Hippo

Post by BubbleGumTiger »

biggdowgg wrote:
cant stop this wrote:TTT you buying for everyone at Big boy?

make him buy at the Ribber, he can Afford it....
doggie, be careful......cant stop this thinks all they have at the Ribber is grilled cheese samis...and I cant afford those little fellas............

LucasJackson
Varsity

Post by LucasJackson »

I would much rather travel up 23 than go out 93. Ribber bypass?

Pepsiman
JV Team

Post by Pepsiman »

You're Tiger Bait wrote:
Pepsiman wrote:
You're Tiger Bait wrote:if this was intended for me, i'm not badmouthing anybody. i not only been there as a player but have done some coaching as well.i refuse to talk ill about a high schooler, and will tell you right now i'm not. and fundamentals are fundamentals.just as tackling is wrapping somebody up, blockers cannot pass block downfield, you can't interfere with a reciever. and a back has a responsibily to hold onto the ball, it's that simple. everybody realizes these are kids, but more importantly they are young men. yes they make mistakes , the whole team does, the staff does, the band does, everybody does.but it is learning from those mistakes and not repeating them.and i was one that offered advice, and praise, i was turned away.

I think you should keep your mouth off the highschool kids and the coaching staff.
-----------i think you are a whiny little twit that starts stuff every year, she obviously said it wasn't me, hell he's my cousin. you wanna find me you know where i am. grow up and become a man, not a snibbling lil twit.

I think you are a loud mouth goof ball who makes Ironton fans look bad. I am more man that you are and would show you what a real man is not a keyboard hero. Now that is out of the way. Want me to go away start posting about Ironton with some sense and I will be gone.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

well pepsi, with that said you totally misunderstood what i said. you start this stuff every year. let me explain, and i'll not discuss this again.i was talking to 86tiger, who is my cousin. she was upset, about some comments being made about her son. i told her i'd talk to him, about handling the ball better, and encourage him. that is it. nothing more nothing less , you made yourself look like an idiot about something that not only was not your business, but between me n my cousin.but secondly you had no idea what you were saying.that's it, end of deal. this is about ironton vs. johnstown, not whether i have a right to talk to my cousin or not. please let it go.

Pepsiman
JV Team

Post by Pepsiman »

You're Tiger Bait wrote:well pepsi, with that said you totally misunderstood what i said. you start this stuff every year. let me explain, and i'll not discuss this again.i was talking to 86tiger, who is my cousin. she was upset, about some comments being made about her son. i told her i'd talk to him, about handling the ball better, and encourage him. that is it. nothing more nothing less , you made yourself look like an idiot about something that not only was not your business, but between me n my cousin.but secondly you had no idea what you were saying.that's it, end of deal. this is about ironton vs. johnstown, not whether i have a right to talk to my cousin or not. please let it go.

I have no problem with 86 Tiger defending her son against guys like you calling them out. I bet I know her son better than you do. Like I said I will quit when you are ready for me to quit. It is totally up to you.

moonshine
SEO

Post by moonshine »

Early Week Prediction:

Johnstown-Monroe 24
ironton 18

tl895
Varsity

Post by tl895 »

Dinocrocetti wrote:I would much rather travel up 23 than go out 93. Ribber bypass?
want a treat? slip past portsmouth and stop at the dock at water in chillicothe. some mighty fine eatin!! and this location beat the heck out of some places we have been to!! groveport? lancaster? see it sounds better already

buckeyes3645
Waterboy

Post by buckeyes3645 »

I have seen both teams play. Jtown 28 Ironton 14. FYC!

BubbleGumTiger
SEOPS Hippo

Post by BubbleGumTiger »

tl895 wrote:
Dinocrocetti wrote:I would much rather travel up 23 than go out 93. Ribber bypass?
want a treat? slip past portsmouth and stop at the dock at water in chillicothe. some mighty fine eatin!! and this location beat the heck out of some places we have been to!! groveport? lancaster? see it sounds better already
Talk about treats and there are plenty and we have ate in all of them.......but my favorite watering hole along with "Dock at the Water" is Gibby's in Circleville.......

Now in the grand scheme of planning I anticipate a stop at the Ribber on the way up and Gibby's on the return trip for dessert.......(liquid style)......

Take the Rt 22 exit in Circleville and it is a couple of blocks up the street.......u wont regret it......

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

i'll tell you a nice lil hidden gem right there in waverly , it's called el charro's steakhouse.it's on your right, right as you are entering the congested part of town, maybe a mile into waverly, look for a blue roof, on the right. you'll see a sign for the steakhouse, right next to a beauty shop(blue roof)turn right it's half a block on your right. they do not serve alcohol. another is the 23 diner on your left. as well as they have a very nice giovanni's right next to ohio valley bank, just past fred's, freds is right beside mdconald's.

caglewis
SEOP

Post by caglewis »

thill2010
JV Team

Post by thill2010 »

Can someone from Ironton get me a ticket to Saturday's game and I'll pay you on location.

Tjhtygeverve
SE

Post by Tjhtygeverve »

Lordy lordie! FOOD? really now? There's more arguing over travel & freaking eating @3 places than talk about the talented RB &QB coming up. I say TIGERS will start to put together the games of their season & shock the state. It's all mental cause the talent is all in the orange & black attack!
Hats off to a speedy recovery to nick Culbertson! One heckuva athlete truly missed!!!! Gotigersgo!!! Gettheballgettheballgettgeball !!!!!
Shoutin' from the sunshine state!!!

buckeyes3645
Waterboy

Post by buckeyes3645 »

If ironton keys on Franklin then Smith will burn them. I don't see them shutting both down. Congrats on making it to the 2nd round, but the Johnnie Pain Train is coming!

timbo52
Riding the Bench

Post by timbo52 »

should be a great one, tigers played a well of a game saturday on defense; lets just hold on to the ball and bring home another win; man was that a nailbiter saturday, good luck tiger! :12222

Return to “Football”