D4 R15 Semifinal: Ironton (7-4) vs. Johnstown-Monroe (11-0)

BubbleGumTiger
SEOPS Hippo

Re: D4 R15 Semifinal: Ironton (7-4) vs. Johnstown-Monroe (11

Post by BubbleGumTiger »

Zunardo wrote:
sprinter14 wrote:I can tell you now, Hamilton Township facility is not ideal for a D-IV game of this magnitude. I was there last year for the D-V game of Oak Hill and there was about half the seating that was needed. HT has almost NO following for their program, so they built bleachers to match their fan size. This place was not built with intention to host playoff crowds. It will hold a few more tham Amanda, but not much.
Actually, sprinter14, this place WAS built with the intention to host playoff games - just not Division 1-size crowds - and it has paid off. This will be the 5th football playoff game we've hosted in 4 seasons, one of them a state semi-final. BTW, we also have hosted basketball tournament games for the past 2 seasons. Is our stadium absolutely perfect? No, but we think it's a very, very nice facility, plus we have a good staff and we do a pretty good job treating visitors as our guests - plus our accomodations for players on both teams are first-rate. And come on now - you KNOW HT seats a LOT more than Amanda Clearcreek's stadium. :)

For visitors, the main parking lot is right off of Rathmell, backing up to the stadium. There is additional parking on the east side of the high school building (Lockbourne Rd side). There is a church on Rathmell next to the high school that will have their own parking lot and attendants (they are not affiliated with the high school or OHSAA). One thing to be aware of is that there is one permanent restroom facility which is on the home side, but there should be porta-johns located on the visitors’s side.

Ironton fans obviously have the longer route, but it is easy (and I like easy). Once you get to Chillicothe from the junction of US 23 and US 35:
- continue on US 23 heading north approximately 37 miles
- you will go through the light at the intersection of SR 317 / SR 665
- go past Scioto Downs and turn right at the light to Rathmell Rd, drive 1.7 miles to the school
- on Rathmell you will go through one traffic light (Parsons Ave), go past the Hamilton Education Center on the right, past a church on the right (parking previously mentioned), and the parking lot to the school will be on the right. NOTE: if the mapping apps direct you to turn east on SR 317 to Lockbourne, I would avoid that route because of heavy semi traffic on 317 going to and coming from the Rickenbacker Airport warehouses.

Johnstown fans (if there are any on this site), if you are coming around the east side of Columbus on I-270 and are unfamiliar with the Obetz area, I strongly recommend you go past the Alum Creek Dr exit and continue to the next exit , which is exit # 52 Bto US 23 south/Circleville. From there go 1.3 miles on US 23, and turn left at Rathmell, and go 1.7 miles to the school. Most of the map applications will route you to exit I-270 at Alum Creek Drive to Rathmell, which is closer, but the first intersection is usually congested, and there are 3 or 4 turns you have to take through Obetz and Reese, and it may be confusing, especially as it gets darker earlier. The US 23 route will be a mile or two longer but much simpler and easier.

If you travel early and want to stop for dinner in the southern Columbus area, simply go north on US 23 past Rathmell Rd, past the I-270 interchange, and you will see eating establishments on both sides of the road for the next 1.25 miles, culminating with the Ohio Deli of Food Network fame. The standard fast-food place are mostly on the left/west side of 23. Most of the sit-down restaurants will be on the right (east) side of the road: Bob Evans, a Chinese buffet, Mexican (Los Camperos, very nice), and a Ponderosa steakhouse buffet is on the left. If you want to go another mile further, there is a very nice Chinese place called the Rice Bowl on the right that I highly recommend, just before you hit SR 104.

Good luck to both teams!

Thanks for the info........

kantuckyII
SEOPS HOF

Post by kantuckyII »

queenofhearts wrote:any updates on culbertson? Is he done for the year?
Bump

BubbleGumTiger
SEOPS Hippo

Post by BubbleGumTiger »

Forecast for Saturday at kick-off........44 and cloudy with no precip in the forecast.....

86Tiger
JV Team

Post by 86Tiger »

[quote="Pepsiman"][quote="You're Tiger Bait"]well pepsi, with that said you totally misunderstood what i said. you start this stuff every year. let me explain, and i'll not discuss this again.i was talking to 86tiger, who is my cousin. she was upset, about some comments being made about her son. i told her i'd talk to him, about handling the ball better, and encourage him. that is it. nothing more nothing less , you made yourself look like an idiot about something that not only was not your business, but between me n my cousin.but secondly you had no idea what you were saying.that's it, end of deal. this is about ironton vs. johnstown, not whether i have a right to talk to my cousin or not. please let it go.[/quote]

I have no problem with 86 Tiger defending her son against guys like you calling them out. I bet I know her son better than you do. Like I said I will quit when you are ready for me to quit. It is totally up to you.[/quote]

Pepsiman, YTB never said anything about my kid at the game or on here. It was another man that was sitting up behind me and a couple others that I could not identify. If YTB had something to say he would say it to me. I just have been very upset lately because there have been several grown men in the stands running their mouths. One was even yelling at the Hartley game to take my kid out of the game. I just think it is wrong to single kids out like that. I am not one of those moms who will sit back and listen to it.

maniac66
All State

Post by maniac66 »

I agree 100% 86 Tiger to many so called grown men at the games and on the computer run their mouths these kids play not only for the love of the game but also for the pride of the community.
And it is disgusting that they feel the need to bash these young men.
if the coaches did not believe ion them then they would not be playing and if the fans don't agree and want to bash then they need to seek another team to support because we don't need fans like that.
He is to your son and the rest of the team have a good game and let's stay healthy so we can continue this run for the tittle.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

thank you 86 tiger, i just saw this. it's a shame we just can't be talking about the actual topic the game. and you have people like pepsiman, who can just throw a false statement out there like this. and know better. but have nothing better to do. even though i knew it wasn't true and said that.still 1 person can apparently just make a mockery of the rules here. and spew out the first thing they think of true or not.that needs to change here, and this individual has done this to me on several occasions.thanks again. good luck saturday fighting tigers.

JHS Pride
Freshman Team

Post by JHS Pride »

sports junkie wrote:Ironton played the 3rd. toughest schedule in Di.IV. Johnstown 81st. toughest schedule. I think this will show Saturday night.
Ironton 22
Johnstown 21
If you think that the strength of schedule is gonna mean that much, than why you only have
Ironton winning by one point or your a little worried that Jtown is
really that good than there weak schedule.

JHS Pride
Freshman Team

Post by JHS Pride »

Iam not buying the strength of schedule myth, Jtown played there schedule
and took care of them by blowing out there opponents by three TDs or
more, so by them doing that everyone thinks that they played nobody,
two of those teams made it to the first rounds and one of them just missed
out, yea Ironton played four really good teams but lost those four games,so mabe Irontons
strength of schedule was to strong. I don't see strength of schedule
being a factor nor playoff experience, it comes down to which
team wants it more,who can play all 4qters mistake free, thats what
will matter on Saturday night which team has the most heart.

GO JOHNNIES

st_c_dirkadirka
Waterboy

Post by st_c_dirkadirka »

Best of Luck to both teams! We're hoping to play either team on the 19th.

I am really impressed with Ironton's schedule, looks like it was put on paper to get you ready for weeks 11, 12 etc.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

st_c_dirkadirka wrote:Best of Luck to both teams! We're hoping to play either team on the 19th.

I am really impressed with Ironton's schedule, looks like it was put on paper to get you ready for weeks 11, 12 etc.
-----------it was indeed my friend. i hope we both get by this round and get to get it on. this is ironton's 29th playoff appearence since they started in 1972. but first things first, and that's them undefeated johnnies. good luck to you all as well.

WitnessProtection
All Conference

Post by WitnessProtection »

There is no place for bashing the kids on here. Wholeheartedly agree with 86Tiger, YTB and maniac66.
Talk about the game, match-ups, strategy, but leave the kids alone. They work hard and do their best each week.
Shame on the so-called adults who sit in the stands and boo, harass or taunt kids. It takes a real man for some 20-, 30- or 40-something (or older) to bark insults at a teenager who's just trying to enjoy his youth.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

there is truley no place for that. now that's settled. how bout the game. what do you all outside ironton think.

Strong side
Riding the Bench

Post by Strong side »

I think it'll be one heck of a ballgame.Gonna be a little chilly at game time.

Strong side
Riding the Bench

Post by Strong side »

I hear it at every game somebody griping cussing out a kid. 90% of the time its from someone who never had the chance to run with it. Now they know how to tell someone else how to do it. Thats funny> should be a dandy of a game though hoping the tigers can pull out another great defensive game

Frogtownbuckeye
Freshman Team

Post by Frogtownbuckeye »

Dinocrocetti wrote:
I-town-90 wrote:
TigerHillbilly wrote:Tigers are capable of anything as long as they show up ready to play. They cannot depend on their defense like they did last week. Defense needs a break. Offense must stay on field longer so the defense can rest up. Defense played a heck of a game last week. I am happy with the Tigers regardless, great group of kids and also some great athletes. Enjoyed watching them every game this year. Played a tough schedule this year just take your experience from those tough games and put it on the field. The most important thing is to hold on to the dang on ball.

I hear what you are saying, but Coach believes defense wins championships, as do I. If you recall the 89 title game, Coach got up 2 TDs and went into complete "close to the vest" punt and play D the rest of the game. Campbell Memorial dominated the time of possession because Coach wanted his defense on the field. Anyone who has followed Lutz and Ironton for long knows that he loves his defense. I for one was pleasantly surprised that our defense finally stepped up and played very good playoff caliber defense in the second half. We are going to need that the rest of the way. Give me a T...............................................
I know this is a silly correction but Scott Johnson was not on the 89 team, he was already gone.

This was a classic 5-2 defense. The 89 team had a tremendous defensive front. When you can have 5 guys that will do the work up front, your linebackers look like all americans. Scotty Johnson must have had 20 tackles in that game as a junior. that defensive front was tremendous!

Strong side
Riding the Bench

Post by Strong side »

where are my post

ironmen85
Riding the Bench

Post by ironmen85 »

I'm rooting for the Ironton tigers all the way you all have a good team and with alot of playoff exp. Show ever body what good teams we have here in SE Ohio
GO TIGERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

as we are rooting for you ironmen. we played you guys and jonathon alder this year. but we want the south teams to win all of them we'd be proud to call you state champions.

FridayNightLights
Waterboy

Post by FridayNightLights »

I am rooting for Ironton. They have a great program and as an Alder supporter we have had our last two games with Ironton circled on the calendars because of the respect we have for that program and their coach.

However, I gotta take my homeboys against Jackson.

Strong side
Riding the Bench

Post by Strong side »

goodluck tigers hoping for another big win

Return to “Football”