D5 R19:Lucasville Valley (11-0) vs. Ashland Crestview (11-0)

BigBlueNation
SEOP

Re: D5 R19:Lucasville Valley (11-0) vs. Ashland Crestview (1

Post by BigBlueNation »

That sure is a nice cow pasture the Mean Machine has out there at Valley. Some of the stuff that I have read from the fans of Crestview and Wynford shows the lack of respect they have for both of our programs. So we need to go up there friday night kick some butt southern Ohio style come back with the w and the respect. I sure do hope that is the way they really feel about our programs because come friday night they might be surprised. Good luck Indians have a safe trip up and back. LETS GO SOC2.

sprtsstar21
Waterboy

Post by sprtsstar21 »

As someone who is completely neutral and doesn't mind which team wins.. I have a few things to add..

It always amuses me the rivalry between nothern and southern Ohio. Its like people forget that both areas are riddled with farm land, and in fact 100% of Crestview's district is rural. It also never ceases to amaze me how quick people are to judge teams they have never witnessed in person.

From the sounds of it, Lucasville Valley comes into the game with a pretty balanced attack. Solid at QB, RB, and WR. It also would appear they have a fairly good defense.

I'll speak about Crestview since I've actually seen them this season. I caution you to hesitate when you look at their strength of schedule. Fredericktown was Regional Champions last season. Loudonville lost to 3 playoff teams by less than a possession, including Crestview, and their other losses came to Hillsdale (9-1) by one possession, and #5 in Division IV Johnstown. Also, Norwalk St. Paul is a perennial power in Division VI and has a recent State Championship. They also played a very solid Western Reserve team who finished at 8-2 (10-1 last season). Strength of schedule in my opinion at this point in the season is irrelevant. Every team left is extremely qualified.

Crestview also comes to this game with an extremely underrated QB. Troy Stimpert will come into the game with 850 yards passing on the season with a mere 82 attempts (46 completions). That is 20.2 Yards per completion! He throws an extremely solid deep ball, and Crestview will put you to sleep with the running game then hit you with a HUGE passing play.

The RB position is undoubtedly Crestview's strength. Senior Mason Minnich not only brings speed, but also power to the running game. If Mason isn't the fastest RB in Division V he certainly has to be close. Any time this kid gets in to the open field you can absolutely forget about it. In the weight room he also can put up 315+ in the bench press, so he is not just a limited speed back. He comes into the game with 2,330 yards on the season(8.7 YPC). Senior Garrick Montgomery is the other feature back. He comes into the game with 971 yards on the season (6.5 YPC). Garrick also boasts no shortage of speed, but he gets most of his touches between the tackles.

Tyler George is the Cougars best Wide Receiver, though they have a few solid options. He stands 6'4" and is a phenomenal athlete. There isn't very many kids he can't win a jump ball against.

As far as the Defensive side of the ball, the Cougars come in allowing just over 13 points per game. They are led by Senior Stephen Petroff with 132 tackes (38 for loss) as well as 10 sacks. Senior Brett Vanderpool also has over 100 tackles on the season. Minnich and Montgomery do a great job of cleaning up what these to do not tackle at or behind the line of scrimmage. Jake Hill leads this area on the season with 5 INT.

In the Kicking game, Crestview has been very consistent. Tanner Graybeal comes in 42/43 on Extra Points, and 3/3 on Field Goals.

I think this game will be much closer than many are expecting.

maniac66
All State

Post by maniac66 »

Go Valley Roll Ashland and bring back a big win for SEO your 10-0 for a reason the reason is your a great football team time to let them flatlanders know this.

coop
SEOPS

Post by coop »

BG77;

We will be somewhere in the parking lot...lol. I know I'll be there about 5:15-5:30ish

Burg_Grad_77
SEOPS HO

Post by Burg_Grad_77 »

chicken_coop wrote:BG77;

We will be somewhere in the parking lot...lol. I know I'll be there about 5:15-5:30ish

Cool, we are leaving around 3:00 or 3:30 so we should be there right around that time as well.

RoyalNut
Riding the Bench

Post by RoyalNut »

Here is my prediction on this game from a northerner ok? I think Valley wins this 26 - 14

Jesco White
S

Post by Jesco White »

Burg_Grad_77 wrote:
Jesco White wrote:Any local fans, not from Lucasville, interested in tailgating with us before the game...assuming Crab's Bro and company can get the tailgate organized with the limited space and rush hour traffic. I have faith in my friend that he'll get us all squared away and we'd love to have you all come join us and support the Indians against the Cougars!

Any idea where you guys will be set up for your tailgate? My father and I are coming up early so we can park close since he has a hard time walking long distances and we might be inclined to come by. I'll be wearing my Burg hat though, so you guys won't throw things at me, will ya? :mrgreen:
We'll protect you ole friend 8) We'll definitely be happy to have you and your dad with us.

Burg_Grad_77
SEOPS HO

Post by Burg_Grad_77 »

Jesco White wrote:
Burg_Grad_77 wrote:
Jesco White wrote:Any local fans, not from Lucasville, interested in tailgating with us before the game...assuming Crab's Bro and company can get the tailgate organized with the limited space and rush hour traffic. I have faith in my friend that he'll get us all squared away and we'd love to have you all come join us and support the Indians against the Cougars!

Any idea where you guys will be set up for your tailgate? My father and I are coming up early so we can park close since he has a hard time walking long distances and we might be inclined to come by. I'll be wearing my Burg hat though, so you guys won't throw things at me, will ya? :mrgreen:
We'll protect you ole friend 8) We'll definitely be happy to have you and your dad with us.

Thanks Jesco. If we can get there early enough we'll look for you guys.

Hitops2.0
Varsity

Post by Hitops2.0 »

I heard from a good source that Upper Arlington isn't going to open gates until 6:20 .....so plan drive and parking time accordingly ....the valley AD was trying to convince them to do it earlier but idk the results of that conversation at this time

Izladoom
All State

Post by Izladoom »

that could be true i have been to alot of games in columbus and alot would not let us in that early

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

IF I'M NOT BACK ON THIS TOPIC BEFORE THE GAME, GOOD LUCK THIS WEEKEND TO THE VALLEY INDIANS, THIS FIGHTING TIGER IS ROOTING FOR YOU.

camnott
Varsity

Post by camnott »

Good luck Valley from Ironmen country!!!

THE GOVENOR
All State

Post by THE GOVENOR »

GOOD LUCK VALLEY !!!!

1darkhorse
Waterboy

Post by 1darkhorse »

Crestview is 11-0 and teams with a record like that are never out of the question. However, if Valley plays their game they roll on. I hope to see a hard hitting & injury free game. GO VALLEY!!

here4fun
Varsity

Post by here4fun »

HItops wrote:I heard from a good source that Upper Arlington isn't going to open gates until 6:20 .....so plan drive and parking time accordingly ....the valley AD was trying to convince them to do it earlier but idk the results of that conversation at this time
Anything on the gates opening any earlier ?

N B Heat
Freshman Team

Post by N B Heat »

Good Luck to Valley and West !! Bring that Regional Final back to Scioto County . and we dont care about the parking we want to play that Final in PTOWN !!!!!

nutronron2012
All State

Post by nutronron2012 »

Anyone have Valleys stats for the season yet?

nutronron2012
All State

Post by nutronron2012 »

anyone have season stats on Valley?

playa_44
JV Team

Post by playa_44 »

Valley wins.

DIDO
Freshman Team

Post by DIDO »

Rep S.O.C. good luck to valley and no injuries.

Return to “Football”