All State

Re: D3 R12 Semifinal - Jackson (11-0) vs. Jonathan Alder (11

Post by maniac66 »

How many turnovers do the Ironmen have?

tk421
Varsity

Post by tk421 »

was 28 - 7 with 8:55 left in game according to JJhuddle scoreboard at 9:21 PM. Should be over or close to it.

TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

in the 4th. 5.24 left. jackson ball.

TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

maniac66 wrote:How many turnovers do the Ironmen have?
radio getting static. pretty sure there was 3. know of 2 for sure.

TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

48 seconds left.

TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

alder 28 jackson 7 final. dont hang ur heads jackson. one heck of a season. cant wait to see the final stats. u played better than the score looks.

javagt
Varsity

Post by javagt »

Thanks for the updates Trench.. Good season Jackson!

bman
SEO

Post by bman »

Not surprising. Alder is a very good football team and had impressive wins over Marysville, Massie, Ironton and Logan Elm coming into the game. It's hard for a SE team to match up with them.

Congrats on a good season Jackson, and good luck to Alder next week.

79Tiger
All Conference

Post by 79Tiger »

Tough when a team jumps out big & early on you. It throws everything out of whack. Game plans fall by the wayside and panic sets in. Great season Ironmen. You have a lot to be proud of.

maniac66
All State

Post by maniac66 »

Great Season Ironmen against a team like Alder you can't turn the ball over but you played hard and played with heart you have nothing to hang your head about SEO is proud you

TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

javagt wrote:Thanks for the updates Trench.. Good season Jackson!
ur welcome.

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Re: D3 R12 Semifinal Jackson 7 vs. Jonathan Alder 28 Final S

Post by noreply66 »

Went to this game and I really thought the score didn't show the real thing. I really thought Jackson was the better team. Alder scored on three short fields. The big boy from Alder didn't show me a thing. A few times I saw Jackson put it to him big time.
Ervin has to be the hardest big back I have seen for sometime. A couple of times he just gave a guy the forearm like get off me you little fly.
Alder did start going to his legs to stop him.
Take away the two fumbles and one bad snap and this game just might have gone to OT.
Alder will have trouble getting by the next team.
Thought I would see a little more passing from Jackson. They needed to go somewhere else other than McNeely.
Landrum will be a force next year.

Congrats to Jackson on a great year.

pappy1
Varsity

Post by pappy1 »

I left after JA scored to go up 28-7. At that point Jackson had not punted. Fumbles, penalties and bad snaps stopped their offense, not JA. Jackson was physically the best team, without question. Congratulations on a great season.

FANOSPORTS
SEOPS

Post by FANOSPORTS »

FANOSPORTS wrote:Ok, prediction time: Jonathan Alder 31 - Jackson 14

(The uniforms are intimidating enough but other than that Alder should have at least one of the two injured rb's back in uniform this week and the 3rd teamer didn't do bad last week on offense and their defense shut out Ironton in the mud during the regular season).

Pretty close to what I thought it would be. SEOAL champs and knocked out the TVC champs in the first round. Great season for the Ironmen and good luck next year.

Chieftain
Varsity

Post by Chieftain »

No surprise here. 28-7 isn't a close game anywhere in the state. The SEO teams are falling quickly as I only picked Valley to win tonite and Jackson & West to lose, which happened. Plain City may be a cow town, but they play winning football at Alder.

JHS08
Waterboy

Post by JHS08 »

Paladin_II wrote:No surprise here. 28-7 isn't a close game anywhere in the state. The SEO teams are falling quickly as I only picked Valley to win tonite and Jackson & West to lose, which happened. Plain City may be a cow town, but they play winning football at Alder.
Did you even watch the game? Jackson was in the game the whole time and maybe wouldve won if it weren't for the penalties

Chieftain
Varsity

Post by Chieftain »

You call getting put down 21-0 close and "in the game"? Wow ! There is a reason they keep score. And 28-7 isn't close. Jackson simply got outclassed. Turnovers, penalties and missed opportunities are all part of the game. Thsoe who make mistakes are doomed to fail. Alder is simply the better team.

FANOSPORTS
SEOPS

Post by FANOSPORTS »

^^^^^^^^^^

It could be the curse of "Chief Logan" you know. I think Palladin II knows him personally and maybe was reincarnated from his tribe to wreck havoc and destroy the SEO football community via the internet :?: .

trip4
Riding the Bench

Post by trip4 »

noreply66 wrote:Went to this game and I really thought the score didn't show the real thing. I really thought Jackson was the better team. Alder scored on three short fields. The big boy from Alder didn't show me a thing. A few times I saw Jackson put it to him big time.
Ervin has to be the hardest big back I have seen for sometime. A couple of times he just gave a guy the forearm like get off me you little fly.
Alder did start going to his legs to stop him.
Take away the two fumbles and one bad snap and this game just might have gone to OT.
Alder will have trouble getting by the next team.
Thought I would see a little more passing from Jackson. They needed to go somewhere else other than McNeely.
Landrum will be a force next year.

Congrats to Jackson on a great year.

noreply.. keep thinking like that and you'll talk yourself right into.. not sure what game you watched.. it wasn't ever
close..

JACKSON WAS NOT THE BETTER TEAM.. #7 was a beast but that is all you had.. you turned the ball over
jumped offsides.. couldn't win the kicking game, couldn't win field position, didn't win the passing games, didn't win the rushing game.. didn't win the game.. .. you DIDN't outhit anybody.. Jakcson a good and #7 is the real deal.. but it wasn' even close ALDER.. 28- 7

ALDER DEFENSE IS JUST FLAT AWESOME ..

I was really impressed how the jackson fans could spell JACKSON but they did get help from the cheerleaders.

ROLLL PIONEERS.. SHAWNEE NEXT...

OT.... are you crazy... that wasn't LOGAN.. THAT WAS ALDER

ironman02
SEOP

Post by ironman02 »

Great season for the Jackson Ironmen! Do not hang your head. I know that the end was disappointing, but there is so much to be proud of for this team. Only the fifth 10-0 team ever at Jackson, 11 wins for only the second time in program history, a 22nd SEOAL championship, and the school's 9th playoff berth.

This senior class, in three years of varsity football, won 27 games, lost only 4 regular season games, won two outright SEOAL championships, and went 14-1 at Alumni Stadium. Drew Ervin, Austin Osborne, OJ Barr, Tyler Jeffers, Ty McNelly, Nick Dye, Luke Eisnaugle, Paul Simon, Michael Howard, Cody Hearlihy, and George Rafferty poured their heart and soul into Jackson Ironmen football and they have set the bar high for future classes at Jackson. What an outstanding final season as Ironmen...one that will go down as one of the very best in the history of a tradition-rich program.

As for the game tonight, congratulations to Alder. They played a mistake-free football game, took advantage of opportunities, and got the win. Good luck to them the rest of the way. Hope they win it all.

The Ironmen appeared to be out of sorts for most of the night, committing uncharacteristic turnovers, penalties, and other mental errors. I honestly think they were just trying too hard to play a perfect football game. It's hard to win in the playoffs, especially against a team like Alder, so those type of mistakes are certainly costly. That said, the Ironmen played with a ton of heart. They really controlled the line of scrimmage, ran the ball very well, and played outstanding defense against the vaunted Alder running game.

I usually try not to single out a certain player because it's a team effort, but Drew Ervin was an absolute beast tonight. That young man punished Alder defenders all night long, and was extremely impressive against one of the best defenses in all of Division III. It has been a pleasure to watch Drew at Jackson the last four years, and he, along with the rest of his senior teammates, will be missed.

For the Ironmen underclassmen...take this experience and learn from it. Use it as motivation this entire off-season to work hard and get better. It's up to you now to continue the tradition, defend the SEOAL championship, and make it back to the playoffs next season.

Once again, great season by the Ironmen and goodbye to one special group of seniors!

Return to “Football”