Is Jackson going to the TVC Ohio?

NYBuckeye96
SEOPS H

Re: Is Jackson going to the TVC Ohio?

Post by NYBuckeye96 »

I heard the vote was 10-3 to deny Jackson admission into the TVC. The yes votes were Athens, Meigs, and Federal Hocking. While I am not surprised that Jackson was turned down, I am surprised that Wellston was a no vote. I think it would have been a good addition to the TVC personally.

The TVC Ohio does eventually need another school because we have an odd number of schools and each league team has to play a non-league game late in the season, which are hard to schedule.

redcoat
Riding the Bench

Post by redcoat »

NYBuckeye96 wrote:I heard the vote was 10-3 to deny Jackson admission into the TVC. The yes votes were Athens, Meigs, and Federal Hocking. While I am not surprised that Jackson was turned down, I am surprised that Wellston was a no vote. I think it would have been a good addition to the TVC personally.

The TVC Ohio does eventually need another school because we have an odd number of schools and each league team has to play a non-league game late in the season, which are hard to schedule.

I don't know what the streak is? 18 maybe. That would be a good enough reason to say no to me!! Jackson would have been crazy to go to the Twin Victory Conferences.

NYBuckeye96
SEOPS H

Post by NYBuckeye96 »

redcoat wrote: Jackson would have been crazy to go to the Twin Victory Conferences.

Well Jackson formally applied for admission, so I don't think Jackson fans should talk down about a league their own school tried to gain admission into.

redcoat
Riding the Bench

Post by redcoat »

NYBuckeye96 wrote:
redcoat wrote: Jackson would have been crazy to go to the Twin Victory Conferences.

Well Jackson formally applied for admission, so I don't think Jackson fans should talk down about a league their own school tried to gain admission into.

Didn't mean for it to sound like I was talking down the league. Wellston does not want us in a league with them and why would they??????? I don't know if the Super or AD had the idea to apply but, they would have ran into alot of opposition should they think it would have held water.

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

I knew it wasn't going to happen. I am glad that it didn't either. Jackson is a great school but they are not a good fit for the TVC. I wish them luck in finding another leage if that is what they want to do. :122245 :122245 :122245

ocho stinko
JV Team

Post by ocho stinko »

I would drop wellston and vinton county from all sports on the schedule. They like the gate money :shock: but just didn't have the guts to let us in :oops: . I guess their administation are chickens! Jackson might be without a league if everyone keeps jumping ship.

ironmen1987
SE

Post by ironmen1987 »

I don't really understand why the TVC or SOC wouldn't be thrilled to have Jackson. We would bring alot to the conference in the way of facilities and gate money. We might be a little bigger student wise, but i think talent wise that we would match up well in most sports. I would love to see us in the SOC when you look at travel and history. As for Wellston and Vinton Co, shame on you for not wanting us in. I definitely think it is time to drop them from all sports if they feel the matchup is unfair.

ocho stinko
JV Team

Post by ocho stinko »

1987- Totally agree with you.

fighting_falcon
Freshman Team

Post by fighting_falcon »

That is a good looking league there 4ever!!

After all is said and done we replaced Athens with Chilli so I believe the product in the old SEOAL just went up.

falconater
Freshman Team

Post by falconater »

Jackson would be a great addition to the SOC II in all sports. I think Porrtsmouth and Jackson to the SOC II is a no brainer for everyone involved.

Fun in the Sun
Freshman Team

Post by Fun in the Sun »

The new Jackson FB coach will want to stay in the SEOAL ............final .

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

With all those TVC teams being from the SEOAL shouldn't they be called SEOAL-II or little brother?

irish08
Riding the Bench

Post by irish08 »

gahs4ever:

It kills me to agree with anything,or anyone supporting that team down rt. 35 south, but you hit the nail on the head. if you weed out the ones that can only compete 1 out of the 3 years, that they were in the league and maybe add a team that is closer, than maybe we could have 1 seoal again, we would like to see maybe Waverly or Wheelersburg join the SEOAL that would be nice, but that will not happen because those two teams are to comfortable in the SOC.

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

noreply66 wrote:With all those TVC teams being from the SEOAL shouldn't they be called SEOAL-II or little brother?

HA-HA!!!!!!!

redcoat
Riding the Bench

Post by redcoat »

Fun in the Sun wrote:The new Jackson FB coach will want to stay in the SEOAL ............final .

Absolutely!! Howard and Kight shouldn't be allowed to make this call on their own.

JacksonI
Freshman Team

Post by JacksonI »

I really dont see Jackson going to the TVC, i see more of the lines of SOC. TVC doesnt have the size nor the talent Jackson is looking to compete against.

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

JacksonI wrote:I really dont see Jackson going to the TVC, i see more of the lines of SOC. TVC doesnt have the size nor the talent Jackson is looking to compete against.

Well you don't have to worry about it now cause the TVC voted no.

MTSWNGRVSG
SE

Post by MTSWNGRVSG »

Jackson and Portsmouth will still be in the SEOAL for a long time.

soccerfanatic
Freshman Team

Post by soccerfanatic »

Shame to see Jackson shot down. Not surprised to see that Athens voted for them, but I guess the smaller schools are scared of seeing another school about the same size as Athens join.

It's hard to say the SEOAL isn't in trouble... let's look at the members gahs4ever mentions:

Chillicothe: in the SEOAL because they don't fit anywhere else (OCC? didn't compete previously)
Gallia: staunch member, but what if the other teams bolt...
Jackson: already tried to get out
Logan: big fish in a small pond: content with being in a league with much smaller schools (about 200 more boys in their school than most others in the league), but still not cleaning up in other sports than football
Marietta: looked into other league options this fall, but didn't find anything
Warren: looked into other leagues at the same time as Marietta, has looked into joining the TVC again, but that's not going to happen

For such a "strong" league... that makes three schools who have looked into getting out, one team content in beating up smaller schools in football, one team stuck by default of there being nothing better, and Gallia.

I think it's a shame. I liked the way the SEOAL was before expansion, but it's a league in trouble.

Return to “Football”