Year of the Ugly SEOAL

Chieftain
Varsity

Re: Year of the Ugly SEOAL

Post by Chieftain »

What I would suggest everyone do, is pull up the schedules of those teams who make it to state semi's , all divisions. Check to see who they played, no matter they won or lost. You can also get an idea by looking at the schedules of the #1 seeds , as they generated points. What divisions did they play, how good was the opponents and did the opponents win against quality competition. Until the parochial view inSEO changes about scheduling, you can wait 100 yrs for a team to be a state champ. Or, you can work to make it happen. The rest of the state does, even in cow country everywhere in the state.

The point raised about speed is also a factor and players up here do train for speed besides lift to get stronger.

Flatulence
Freshman Team

Post by Flatulence »

Paladin, what you are saying is true. Nelsonville needs to travel Route 33 towards Columbus to get in some games that really tax them. The same can be said Of Athens. Amanda, Logan Elm, Chillicothe, Hamilton Township, etc. would be a feather in their cap.

However, on the other side of the coin is this: athletic departments need money to foot the bill for other sports and rivalries, though they may not make sense computer wise, can bring in BIG bucks. For athletic directors this can be a real balancing act. At Logan Nelsonvile York, New Lexington, and Athens used to be big gates and great rivalries - then they disappeared for the all important computer points (yes, I am being sarcastic) and gate receipts dropped until we got Lancaster on the schedule. That game helped, but if Logan does not improve on the field it will make little difference. One of the statements i was taught by my high school coach and the college coaches was "we do not rebuild, we re-load." Some coaches are looking for a quick fix so they can move on to "bigger and better." Those who want a program will do whatever it takes and much, much time to develop a program that just re-loads. Perfect examples of this is the contrast between Urban Meyer and Luke Fickel - two entirely different perspectives on the sport.

bigbluedad
Freshman Team

Post by bigbluedad »

Warren Locals schedule for the 2012 season:

8/24 Philo H
8/31 Marietta H
9/7 Athens A
9/14 Meadowbrook H
9/21 Meigs A
9/28 Jackson A
10/5 Chilicothe A
10/12 Gallia H
10/19 Portsmouth A
10/26 Logan H

Chieftain
Varsity

Post by Chieftain »

The weak schedules are falling quickly in the playoffs . Of special interest was a local team up here who played a terrible schedule and their fans thought they were All World. They got beat. One & done.

There was one major suprise last nite --- Lima CC got beat. Now there was an upset !

pigskinguru
Freshman Team

Post by pigskinguru »

Paladin_II wrote:The weak schedules are falling quickly in the playoffs . Of special interest was a local team up here who played a terrible schedule and their fans thought they were All World. They got beat. One & done.

There was one major suprise last nite --- Lima CC got beat. Now there was an upset !

Who was it Ole Great One?

Chieftain
Varsity

Post by Chieftain »

Well, only one SEOAL team in the playoffs and they will soon be eliminated in the second round. Then, note that most of SEO who qualified got beat in the opening roundl, leaving few teams . Fewer still will make it to the Regional championship game. I don't look for anyone to win a SE Region championship. Just another typical year in SEO.

JHS08
Waterboy

Post by JHS08 »

Well how did Logan do in the playoffs when they load their schedules up?

4theKids
Freshman Team

Post by 4theKids »

I have not seen one league game this year. yea momma Hump is bad.
Is the league packed with athletes like it was in 2002-05?
There were so many weapons on every team, it was a toss up as to who would beat who.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Not nearly as strong or talent loaded. Jackson is loaded at several positions. The 2011 Ironmen are pretty similar to Jared's junior and senior years. This team has made more plays on offense and make a few less errors it seems....but I imagine it would be one excellent game between the two.

4theKids
Freshman Team

Post by 4theKids »

Ah, didn't mean comparing Jackson teams...
Just curious as to the talent league wide.
I doubt if we will ever see those type teams again - must have just been a good breading time...lol
Those kids were so intense and competitive. And I don't even want to go to the huddle times again.....well except for a few of them....lol

bdubya
Varsity

Post by bdubya »

Nice balls, 4TK. :122246 :122245
Welcome back.

4theKids
Freshman Team

Post by 4theKids »

What the he!! does that mean?
I asked a legit question. Wanted to know from someone how the league looked this year.
I haven't watched much football this year :122248

C-Bolt
SEOP

Post by C-Bolt »

If you really want to know the league is way down now IMO! Jackson was the only playoff qualifier and it was not even a home game,talent cycles and discipline issues have dragged down teams in this league right now,not a good time for SEOAL

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

It wasn't a home game in part due to the league being down. Logan, Portsmouth and Chillicothe combined were about 6-24

4theKids
Freshman Team

Post by 4theKids »

thank you 92.

And since I didn't go to the last playoff game, I can't go to this one. Cuz if I did, and they would lose.......it would all be on me. Just a little supersticious maybe?

:-D GO IRONMEN!!

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Make an appearance....what else do you have to do? You watched the Ironmen when they won against the best team Jackson has ever defeated....this could be #2 on that list. Our QB might really remind you of some kid that used to wear #19 for the Ironmen...quite similar.

Chieftain
Varsity

Post by Chieftain »

As expected , the SEOAL Champ was ousted in the second game by 21 pts. It wasn't close. So much for the biggest and best league in SEO. And everyone in SEO was also eliminated as expected, except for Valley as I predicted. So only one team from SEO will play for a Regional Championship. Kinda embarrassing since all of SEO makes up the divisions for the SE regions of all divisions and has the most teams of anyone by far in the region. BTW woe is SEO when the games are played. Near total wipeout.

Valley may win the region, but has a problem playing teams on a state wide basis. First, they have to win the region and thats a challenge. My prediction coming up later.

2011 and the region is still as backward as ever. Avoid competition and get buttwhipped.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

paladin, i'll tell you what , if you want to be a man. come to facebook, where there is an identity. you see actual pictures of people , who are accountable for their ramblings.no chickencrap stuff there, you say it there. you are instantly accountable.

until then, and only then, will i ever discuss sports with you. you have been kicked off here so many times. and like locusts you keep coming back. the people that run this site must not realize it, but it does make us sound uneducated arguing with you.
that's only because you are not man enough to identify yourself.

YOU ARE NOT GOOD FOR THIS SITE AS THEY MUST THINK, YOU ARE A CANCER. IF I WERE RUNNING THIS THE CANCER WOULD BE GONE, NEVER TO COME BACK.

camnott
Varsity

Post by camnott »

PS: Anyone who was at the playoff game , and I mean anyone, will tell you that the better team that night won and I will make no excuses but if you actually watched the game you would know that Jackson could have wound up the winner. If these teams would play again I would flip a coin. Alder was the better team that night and thats what makes championship teams is by not having the errors that Jackson had that night so I'm not discounting Alder at all, I'm just saying that Jackson can compete with teams of Alder's caliber at least this year.

Chieftain
Varsity

Post by Chieftain »

Then there shouldn't be ANY excuse for not toughening up the wimp Jackson schedule. But that won't happen.

As for the last standing team in SEO, I expect Valley to lose to Wynford in the Regional final.

Return to “Football”