Year of the Ugly SEOAL

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Re: Year of the Ugly SEOAL

Post by noreply66 »

I was at the game too and as I have said I thought Jackson was the better team. Alder picked up 21 points on Jackson's mistakes. take those away and Jackson would have ran over them all night long.

Mistakes are always there and you will always have the big IF & BUT.
You will see Alders luck catch up with them this week.

camnott
Varsity

Post by camnott »

Paladin_II wrote:Then there shouldn't be ANY excuse for not toughening up the wimp Jackson schedule. But that won't happen.

As for the last standing team in SEO, I expect Valley to lose to Wynford in the Regional final.
Bet ya a coke!

Chieftain
Varsity

Post by Chieftain »

Sorry noreply, but I think Alder wins again this week. Then it depends on how they bracket the teams.

We should see a cow country farm team (Wynford) beat a SEO cow country team ( Valley) in what should be a close game. I'm betting it will come down to D and greater skills on O being the diff.

camnott
Varsity

Post by camnott »

I must be coming down with something! I agree with Palladin, I think Alder will win as well.
Gotta go, time to see the doc.LOL

FridayNightLights
Waterboy

Post by FridayNightLights »

again schedules are made by adminstrators not coaches. All the team can do is win whats on their schedule.

I dont buy that one region is any different than another. School size doesn't have as much correlation on talent as most people think. I have seen some really tough D5 and D6 schools and there are alot of D1 schools that are soft.

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

Paladin_II wrote:Sorry noreply, but I think Alder wins again this week. Then it depends on how they bracket the teams.

We should see a cow country farm team (Wynford) beat a SEO cow country team ( Valley) in what should be a close game. I'm betting it will come down to D and greater skills on O being the diff.
If they win it is because the team they are playing is bad.
The only thing that Alder showed me was their back could get to the outside. If Jackson had a little more speed they would have shut the running game down.

C-Bolt
SEOP

Post by C-Bolt »

I hope Alder wins as well, but I don't think they will, this Shawnee team has some impressive looking scores on their resume including a 49-7 victory over a an undefeated playoff team,Alder will have to open it up a little more now, which I know they can, and keep playing mistake free football to have a shot

FridayNightLights
Waterboy

Post by FridayNightLights »

noreply - I don't think luck had anything to do with us getting where we are now. We beat Logan 42-0 so I think your just a little jaded. Alder threw like 5 passes and 2 were for TDs on Jackson. Alder didn't open the play book during the Jackson game because they didn't have to. I really dont think there was anything wrong with Jackson's speed. I think that having the majority of their team play both ways hurt them down the stretch. Jackson ran Ervin like a dog on offense and then he had to flip and play defense. I think it was more a matter of depth.

Competition gets tougher each week in the playoffs and it should. Its all about match-ups and from my limited knowledge of Shawnee's team i like how we match up against them. Our team is fully healthy since and our #1 LB is rested because he wasn't used at all on offense during the Jackson game. I expect to see our big backs running the wishbone and also see a more active QB this week.

We have had a few slow starts but have only really played one ugly half of football in 12 games. Anything can happen, which is why we play the game, but I like our chances this week.

Flatulence
Freshman Team

Post by Flatulence »

Whew, Paladin, you really have some enemies! Scheduling up is a great idea! In T&F we began to schedule up because we wanted some tougher competition; however, if the coach does not prepare them to win OR to actually get better then all these kids will do is pee straight up in the air! Our goal was to see improvement and to learn whether we had competitors - if we did - then the SEOAL league meet would be easier. If not, we would struggle. Then again it could work in the reverse and many kids will compete but get hurt - either physically or mentally. When kids get down on themselves it is a real struggle to get them to believe. So, competing against tougher competition can help, but it can also work in the reverse.

In SE Ohio we do not have the numbers to compete with the D-I schools. We do however have the numbers to compete in the five other divisions. Now, then, it is up to the head coach to determine what to do. Were I a head football coach my entire emphasis would be speed, quickness, and explosion. Whether they could bench press 300 pounds or squat 500 pounds would be nice but not emphasized to the detriment of speed, quickness, and explosion. Having a huge, lumbering, robotron may be nice to some but if he cannot catch anyone he is useless.

So. Paladin, I agree with your assessment concerning scheduling up, but it needs to be countered with a coach who is truly involved in improving and enhancing athletes' skills. Steve Coate does this and always has.

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

FridayNightLights wrote:noreply - I don't think luck had anything to do with us getting where we are now. We beat Logan 42-0 so I think your just a little jaded. Alder threw like 5 passes and 2 were for TDs on Jackson. Alder didn't open the play book during the Jackson game because they didn't have to. I really dont think there was anything wrong with Jackson's speed. I think that having the majority of their team play both ways hurt them down the stretch. Jackson ran Ervin like a dog on offense and then he had to flip and play defense. I think it was more a matter of depth.

Competition gets tougher each week in the playoffs and it should. Its all about match-ups and from my limited knowledge of Shawnee's team i like how we match up against them. Our team is fully healthy since and our #1 LB is rested because he wasn't used at all on offense during the Jackson game. I expect to see our big backs running the wishbone and also see a more active QB this week.

We have had a few slow starts but have only really played one ugly half of football in 12 games. Anything can happen, which is why we play the game, but I like our chances this week.
I just knew things would catch up to you guys and I was right.
Logan was terrible and you were just not that could--it was that simple.

WitnessProtection
All Conference

Post by WitnessProtection »

noreply66 wrote:
FridayNightLights wrote:noreply - I don't think luck had anything to do with us getting where we are now. We beat Logan 42-0 so I think your just a little jaded. Alder threw like 5 passes and 2 were for TDs on Jackson. Alder didn't open the play book during the Jackson game because they didn't have to. I really dont think there was anything wrong with Jackson's speed. I think that having the majority of their team play both ways hurt them down the stretch. Jackson ran Ervin like a dog on offense and then he had to flip and play defense. I think it was more a matter of depth.

I just knew things would catch up to you guys and I was right.
Logan was terrible and you were just not that could--it was that simple.

That and Shawnee is undefeated and ranked No. 6 in the state.

Ontheriver
Freshman Team

Post by Ontheriver »

This topic needs removed, SEOAL , TVC , SOC, it don't matter. Southern Ohio football fails to be competative at the state level again. Other than the Cincinnati Div 1 schools there are no teams south of I-70 still competing.

There is a few teams that make a run at it, but not enough to make any heads turn when that team comes to town.

Someone with some big influance maybe all the southern AD's needs to contact the OHSAA and ask for leniency on Southern Ohio football and have a Southern Ohio Fooball state championship. I dont think the Northern teams would mind.

Why keep prolonging the aggany of defeat, year in and year out its the 2nd or 3rd round and out. How in the world does southern Ohio football plan on winning the 4th and 5th round.

As for Jackson the SEOAL league winner no big deal. They shouldnt be mentioned in Div 3 with Springfield Shawnee or Cardinal Mooney, they cant even play with Alder. Its like high school playing pee wee teams. I'm not nocking Southern Ohio football, they just dont have the coaching the players or the experiance, Sorry thats just he way it is.

Southern Ohio football is more into building Nice BIG new stadiums that they cant afford. Just ask Jackson about that, they went to the little old hole in the wall up in Eaton last year and got sent home once again early in the playoffs.

UNTILL Southern Ohio gets multiple teams from multiple divisions in the playoffs in the Semis and finals more than once in a Decade they will be the BUTT of Ohio football.

So coaches and players step up and take the challange, Broaden your schedules, get noticed, get to some camps outside of southern Ohio, and Players STAY in collage, quiting and coming home is not the answer. Your Friday night glory days are over, go and become the home town hero.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

I have a second grade son that could dominate you in typing a grammmatically correct post.

I'd rather our teams south of I-70 all go 0-10 rather than grow up and not be able to form a sentence.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

28 errors? Maybe more.....my eyes started to bleed.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

My personal favorite:

",and Players STAY in collage,"

.....and you thought we were stupid in the south!
Last edited by Ironman92 on Sat Nov 26, 2011 10:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

starbase_318
Varsity

Post by starbase_318 »

Ironman92 wrote:I have a second grade son that could dominate you in typing a grammmatically correct post.

I'd rather our teams south of I-70 all go 0-10 rather than grow up and not be able to form a sentence.

:aaaaa41 :aaaaa41 :aaaaa41 :aaaaa41 :aaaaa41 :aaaaa41 :aaaaa41 :aaaaa41 :aaaaa41 :aaaaa41 :aaaaa41 :aaaaa41

Ontheriver
Freshman Team

Post by Ontheriver »

A quick post on a forum from a phone, who cares about the the typos you obviously got the message. Tell your second grader to stay in school maybe he will be a southern Ohio Friday night glory boy.

Again Southern Ohio football sucks, stay on the topic. Espacially the SEOAL. :122246

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

I'll contact the burn unit.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

I let my second grader read your post. He puked a little.

Ontheriver
Freshman Team

Post by Ontheriver »

You need to contact some recruits, I hear you guys called up some kids from some rival teams and still got waxed in the 2nd round.

You seem taken by these facts, maybe your a coach, if so do something about it. Get comptitive. :122248

Return to “Football”