Possible Candidates for East Tartans Head Coach?

Axe N Shield
Varsity

Re: Possible Candidates for East Tartans Head Coach?

Post by Axe N Shield »

You guys must be talking about Dick Tipton.

Foolsgold
Riding the Bench

Post by Foolsgold »

Axe.. Maybe you should give Yogi a call. :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D

But seriously I wish you the best of luck finding the coach you want.

osubuckeye
Riding the Bench

Post by osubuckeye »

This whole situation was ridiculous anyways, the job should of went to Todd in the first place. It was waiting on him, he has done so much for the school. It was just sad to see it go to Larry if you ask me. The job now should certainly go to Todd.

bushmaster24
JV Team

Post by bushmaster24 »

does this mean the BLUE BLOB is coming back ? is the MINFORD scrimmage still on..

Axe N Shield
Varsity

Post by Axe N Shield »

osubuckeye wrote:This whole situation was ridiculous anyways, the job should of went to Todd in the first place. It was waiting on him, he has done so much for the school. It was just sad to see it go to Larry if you ask me. The job now should certainly go to Todd.

Why should the coaching job go to Todd? Because he is a teacher at Sciotoville? Just because someone is a teacher at a school and a coaching position becomes available; doesn't mean it should go to a teacher! How is that getting the best coach for the job! Do all schools try and get the best teachers they can afford? Shouldn't we get the best coach for the athletic programs as well?

What is the Blue Blob?

Pavilion
Riding the Bench

Post by Pavilion »

Morris Gullion!

Tartanblue
SEO

Post by Tartanblue »

osubuckeye wrote:This whole situation was ridiculous anyways, the job should of went to Todd in the first place. It was waiting on him, he has done so much for the school. It was just sad to see it go to Larry if you ask me. The job now should certainly go to Todd.

Nothing like just giving the job to someone...instead of oh I don't know someone who had a better resume....did Todd even apply for the job last year?

With what the paper said, East will be starting the look for the new coach soon.

NICKNEVADA
All Conference

Post by NICKNEVADA »

Just in the new Coach at East is Dennis Decamp.

NICKNEVADA
All Conference

Post by NICKNEVADA »

jk...

osubuckeye
Riding the Bench

Post by osubuckeye »

Axe N Shield wrote:

Why should the coaching job go to Todd? Because he is a teacher at Sciotoville? Just because someone is a teacher at a school and a coaching position becomes available; doesn't mean it should go to a teacher! How is that getting the best coach for the job! Do all schools try and get the best teachers they can afford? Shouldn't we get the best coach for the athletic programs as well?

What is the Blue Blob?

East had the job in waiting for him from what I heard, he's more than just a teacher there. He's part of a former undefeated East High Football team, lettered in three varsity sports there and was part of the football coaching staff recently, and like I said from what I heard, they had the job waiting for him and gave it to Hall right out from under him. Slow down and realize he's a great person a great coach and a great man for the job.

sportsfan43
JV Team

Post by sportsfan43 »

the job was supposed to go to Tod.

his father in law, ruined it for him.

and they hired Hall, whos only interest was.....

ddavis
Waterboy

Post by ddavis »

Sportsfan 43 is probably right. I did probably screw things up for Todd but that wasn't my intention. My intention was to coach this past season and then step down and be Todd's assistant. I would have stayed as his assistant as long as he wanted me. I even talked to several board members trying to set this up but I guess this aggravated some people that had other plans.

Todd did everything right. He wanted to be a coach so he went to school and became a teacher. He spent several years as an assistant . He took a break from coaching to get his masters as required by the state. He gave up coaching baseball so he could run the weight program and he did so up until Hall was hired.

Yes, I do think the head coach should be a teacher. A teacher gives the position stability. The kids need a head coach that can check on grades, talk to them about attendence and behavior, run the after school weight program and just be there for them. Non-teachers don't seem to understand this and most of the time their jobs don't permit this. What happens if a non teacher is coaching and his/her hours change?

Todd proved himself with two different offenses. He was very successful running the shotgun spread for Coach McCafferty and then when I brought him back in the middle of the season to run the doublewing in 2006 we turned our season around and won the conference. He was finishing his masters in 2007 but we just continued what we were doing when he was there. There are many great guys in coaching but off hand Dan Mercer is the only one that I can think of that matches Todd's character. I'm not putting any coaches down because I can't match these guys character either. Todd is a great father and very involved in his church. You couldn't ask for a better role model for the kids at East.

I will be very surprised if Todd gets an opportunity. I don't even know if he wants it. He will continue to do his job and not say anything negative about anybody. How many of us can do that?

osubuckeye
Riding the Bench

Post by osubuckeye »

ddavis wrote:Sportsfan 43 is probably right. I did probably screw things up for Todd but that wasn't my intention. My intention was to coach this past season and then step down and be Todd's assistant. I would have stayed as his assistant as long as he wanted me. I even talked to several board members trying to set this up but I guess this aggravated some people that had other plans.

Todd did everything right. He wanted to be a coach so he went to school and became a teacher. He spent several years as an assistant . He took a break from coaching to get his masters as required by the state. He gave up coaching baseball so he could run the weight program and he did so up until Hall was hired.

Yes, I do think the head coach should be a teacher. A teacher gives the position stability. The kids need a head coach that can check on grades, talk to them about attendence and behavior, run the after school weight program and just be there for them. Non-teachers don't seem to understand this and most of the time their jobs don't permit this. What happens if a non teacher is coaching and his/her hours change?

Todd proved himself with two different offenses. He was very successful running the shotgun spread for Coach McCafferty and then when I brought him back in the middle of the season to run the doublewing in 2006 we turned our season around and won the conference. He was finishing his masters in 2007 but we just continued what we were doing when he was there. There are many great guys in coaching but off hand Dan Mercer is the only one that I can think of that matches Todd's character. I'm not putting any coaches down because I can't match these guys character either. Todd is a great father and very involved in his church. You couldn't ask for a better role model for the kids at East.

I will be very surprised if Todd gets an opportunity. I don't even know if he wants it. He will continue to do his job and not say anything negative about anybody. How many of us can do that?

Not many of us can, that's how I have always known Todd to be, he is a stand up guy. He's done all he could for East and they have not returned the favor in almost any way. I could understand where he may not even apply for the job though, and you're right you described him perfectly by saying "He will continue to do his job and not say anything negative about anybody" that's how he has always been.

sportsfan43
JV Team

Post by sportsfan43 »

ddavis

I meant no disrespect toward you.

I was just pointing out, that Todd was getting a raw deal, because of the problems YOU had at East.

and it is not fair to Todd, who has been nothing but Loyal and has done everything they have ask of him.

3sportSeason
Waterboy

Post by 3sportSeason »

osubuckeye that there is da reason East has had no long term winning cause the good ol boy system dont work seems ta me everyone thinking to coach there u need to have went there look what that gotcha up til the past two years and betcha talent did that. They be smart going out the good ol boy system and out of county to get someone to win there long term.

bigstick625
Freshman Team

Post by bigstick625 »

sportsfan43 wrote:ddavis

I was just pointing out, that Todd was getting a raw deal, because of the problems YOU had at East.

and it is not fair to Todd, who has been nothing but Loyal and has done everything they have ask of him.

Way to stick to your guns.

:12222

sportsfan43
JV Team

Post by sportsfan43 »

bigstick625 wrote:
sportsfan43 wrote:ddavis

Way to stick to your guns.

:12222

thahnk you, that means a lot to me that you care. :12222 :12224

in all Honesty,I think Davis was done wrong, and that Todd caught some of it for being his son in law.

then again,I dont know the ENTIRE story, so I can only go by what I heard.

sleepy floyd
Riding the Bench

Post by sleepy floyd »

What about Bob Ashley is he still at Minford.

Incognito
Varsity

Post by Incognito »

I think Coach Ashley is spending time with his family and pursuing his Masters' degree..

TARTAN/TITAN
Freshman Team

Post by TARTAN/TITAN »

LAYY HALL DID NOT HURT THIS PROGRAM BY ONLY BEING HERE ONE YEAR, IF ANYTHING HE IMPROVED IT AND IM SURE THE STAFF LEARNED SOME VALUBALE THINGS FROM HIM

Return to “Football”