Possible Candidates for East Tartans Head Coach?

NICKNEVADA
All Conference

Re: Possible Candidates for East Tartans Head Coach?

Post by NICKNEVADA »

Todd is a great guy and a friend of mine, but does he want it? Personally I want Coach Bond to get the job. Coach Hall did not hurt the program , I just think they should have known that it was 1 and done and went for stability. I just still understand that our colors are white/blue and not orange and black, and to my Sider friends , I am not talking about your colors.

NICKNEVADA
All Conference

Post by NICKNEVADA »

Coach Davis: you were my coach for 4 years and we always did not see eye to eye but I wish you the best and do not blame yourself if Todd doesn't get the job. I came on the field when you played at East last year and shook your hand when many were upset with you.Take care.MM

ddavis
Waterboy

Post by ddavis »

I know that the East job has already been decided. These coaches will get their opportunity to show what they can do. I wish them luck. I appreciate you reaching out though Mar_. You have a right to your opinion. I'm sure there have been many players I didn't see eye to eye with. I can live with that.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

I LIKE THE PEOPLE THERE, I HOPE YOU ARE PLEASED WITH WHOEVER YOU GET. I HAD A FUN TIME THERE LAST YEAR ON THE OPENING GAME AGAINST NORTHWEST, WITH TARTANBLUE, BIGGDOWGG, AND OZZIEOHIO. EVEN HAD EM SPELLING TARTANS.

PIGSKIN JUNKIE
Freshman Team

Post by PIGSKIN JUNKIE »

Andy Hall did the Tartans a HUGE favor by leaving. If he takes his dad with him it would be even better. Hes poison to a football program

Concessionlady
Freshman Team

Post by Concessionlady »

What is your problem with Andy and Larry Hall? Andy might of had his problems, but he has overcame them and if you cannot say something good about someone do not say anything at all. Larry is one of the best gentlemans you will ever meet. You must be jealous of him for some reason.

NICKNEVADA
All Conference

Post by NICKNEVADA »

I don't know either Hall. They are obviously good coaches.I just want East to hire alums.Coach Davis won for several years there, and I think the players are more suited for 1 of our own, if you will. And if you ask those young men they would tell you they want Todd or Stacy.

NICKNEVADA
All Conference

Post by NICKNEVADA »

Some ex-coaches of ours at East who would also be good if hired would be Kelly White,Ed Thompson and the best Coach I ever had Dick Dunham.

sleepy floyd
Riding the Bench

Post by sleepy floyd »

East was Lucky to Have a Man like Darrell davis for the Number of years he was there he cared so much for that community he lived there and was a part of the people there hw wore is colors on his sleeve. Larry Hall is a very good coach has record to prove it but anyone who doesn't think he used East is crazy. When DD coached there it was because he was there to give everything he had to that community personally hated to see him leave the way he did but he'll land on his feet and coach again.

NICKNEVADA
All Conference

Post by NICKNEVADA »

By the way, is Coach Morris Gullion coaching anywhere? That would be VERY interesting if he applied for the job.

Tartanblue
SEO

Post by Tartanblue »

NICKNEVADA wrote:By the way, is Coach Morris Gullion coaching anywhere? That would be VERY interesting if he applied for the job.

I believe he is the coach at Piketon....may be wrong though.

NICKNEVADA wrote:I don't know either Hall. They are obviously good coaches.I just want East to hire alums.Coach Davis won for several years there, and I think the players are more suited for 1 of our own, if you will. And if you ask those young men they would tell you they want Todd or Stacy.

Don't get me wrong....should Alums be looked at yes...but just hiring someone over someone else who could possibly be better off for the job just because they are an alum I don't agree with. If Todd or Stacy get it, hopefully they are given atleast 5 years to see what they can do...or it goes for who ever they hire this time around. If it doesn't work out hopefully they make the right choice and look else where.

awesomepossum
Freshman Team

Post by awesomepossum »

Hire someone who both the school wants to keep, and who actually plans on staying more than 1 or 2 years. It would be nice to throw any political stuff out the window, but sadly that is never the case around here.

Think of this through the perspective of a Tartan football player.. Learning a new coach and his new system every year is not good. Any success on the field would be from some good luck.

sticks
Waterboy

Post by sticks »

Maybe they should look at criminal records when they are looking at applications. Just a thought.

sportsfan43
JV Team

Post by sportsfan43 »

sticks wrote:Maybe they should look at criminal records when they are looking at applications. Just a thought.

I would hope ALL schools already do that?

alabama mike
SE

Post by alabama mike »

IMO, I do not think Todd Gilliland will even apply for the job at East.

sider
All Conference

Post by sider »

Shouldn't be too hard for East to find a solid Head Coach. They have a good program in place, kids that want to, and know how to win, not to mention good community support. I think anyone would love to have this job.

hbk2016
Varsity

Post by hbk2016 »

Ferdie Marquez?

John Knight?

3sportSeason
Waterboy

Post by 3sportSeason »

Dey must be running in circles bout who to try and find Hall stays a year and ditches n left em in the cold now they cant find anybody guess Snuffy could come outa retirement or just find another old burg coach

Axe N Shield
Varsity

Post by Axe N Shield »

3sportSeason wrote:Dey must be running in circles bout who to try and find Hall stays a year and ditches n left em in the cold now they cant find anybody guess Snuffy could come outa retirement or just find another old burg coach

3sportSeason... No circles being run here in Sciotoville! We already know who the next Head Coach is going to be. When Larry Hall was hired - Stacey Bond was to be the next head coach! So, we can and have found somebody - not just anybody!

If you would have read the entire thread before posting you might have discovered this information!

NICKNEVADA
All Conference

Post by NICKNEVADA »

I believe they do look at criminal records. I find it odd that you brought this up? Also I don't think Todd or Stacy would bolt after a year for something else. That is the position they would want.

Return to “Football”