D III R12 Qtrs: #7 Jackson (10-0) at #2 Athens (10-0)

qualified101
SEO

Re: D III R12 Qtrs: #7 Jackson (10-0) at #2 Athens (10-0)

Post by qualified101 »

i'm sure they have more than adequate server space for more than 11 pages. anyway, should be a great game!

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

They don't HAVE to be locked ... But they use to do it on jjhuddle all the time, usually after about 8 or 9 pages ... Almost every week you would have (i.e.) Athens vs Jackson, Athens vs Jackson II, Athens vs Jackson III - and that was before the game was even played ... lol ... It had something to do with the traffic on the web site and making it run better (jjhuddle would shut down sometimes on a Friday night because all the traffic.) ... With the NY/Athens game - it was such a big game, so much happened - I just posted a new thread (with the final score on it) so we could start a fresh topic that way information/posts wouldn't be so hard to find.

You can still view the first NY/Athens topic ... It wasn't deleted ... But now, if you want to go back and view ALL the comments made after the game - its in one place ... You don't have to read through a bunch of posts or pages to see the post-game reactions and comments.

JHS4EVER
JV Team

Post by JHS4EVER »

ROLL ON BIG RED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

buckfan84
All Conference

Post by buckfan84 »

I personally always liked to see how big those threads got, I realize it wasn't deleted and i figured it was so the header would reflect the score which is what I originally stated in the first place. But that can be accomplished by the original author or a MOD without locking it up. So hopefully this one won't have to be locked also.

But to answer your earlier question, NY was picked to win by 4 which I think translates it could go either way.

IronmenTradition
Riding the Bench

Post by IronmenTradition »

Heard tonight from a Jackson administrator that Jackson has sold a little more than 1,500 tickets at the high school so far and Athens has sold around 900.

Who is the home team? :lol:

Ironman88
Riding the Bench

Post by Ironman88 »

Quote:
Jackson (OH) at Athens (The Plains, OH), 7:30pm [projection: Jackson (OH) 34-31]

Jackson only gave 30 or more points 2 times st.charles and logan and was only held under 30 points 2 times ironton and gallia.

jackson has a whole team of players to pull the load athens has one. (jackson) osborne,ervin,landrum,mcnelly (athens) sharp

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

Maybe Athens just has a lot of doctors, lawers, professors and business owners Ironmen Tradition - they just wait and pay the extra bucks at the gate ... :mrgreen:

buckfan84
All Conference

Post by buckfan84 »

93Bulldog wrote:Maybe Athens just has a lot of doctors, lawers, professors and business owners Ironmen Tradition - they just wait and pay the extra bucks at the gate ... :mrgreen:
Yeah cause Athens is just so rich. Lol.

I'm sure Athens will fill their bleachers and then some. I'll tell you this tho, there were as many NY fans as Athens realizing only 15 minutes away though. And don't even think about parking. UGH!!!!! It'll be nice next year tho.
Last edited by buckfan84 on Thu Nov 03, 2011 7:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

Ironman88 wrote:Quote:
Jackson (OH) at Athens (The Plains, OH), 7:30pm [projection: Jackson (OH) 34-31]

Jackson only gave 30 or more points 2 times st.charles and logan and was only held under 30 points 2 times ironton and gallia.

jackson has a whole team of players to pull the load athens has one. (jackson) osborne,ervin,landrum,mcnelly (athens) sharp
One guy? I don't know man, it usually takes more than one guy to get to 10-0 ... Sharp has only recieved around 75 carries over the last 5 games - 15 carries per game and your team goes 5-0 over that stretch ... One guy? really?

I'm just not sold on that one Ironman88 - you'll see tomorrow that Athens is way more than a 1-man team ... I'm not saying we'll win or anything - but I am confident the Bulldogs (team) will earn the respect of the Ironmen fan base.

79Tiger
All Conference

Post by 79Tiger »

Regarding the polls..a team must be located north of I-70 first, and if below I-70, must be to the west of I-71 to be even considered for ranking in the top ten. Like Rodney said "I get no respect." I am sure most of you have been at Massilon Stadium at one time or another and seen the big sign that mentions all the "poll" championships over the years, or just read about it, yet Massilon has yet to win one State Championship on the field.

buckfan84
All Conference

Post by buckfan84 »

TRH wrote:Regarding the polls..a team must be located north of I-70 first, and if below I-70, must be to the west of I-71 to be even considered for ranking in the top ten. Like Rodney said "I get no respect." I am sure most of you have been at Massilon Stadium at one time or another and seen the big sign that mentions all the "poll" championships over the years, or just read about it, yet Massilon has yet to win one State Championship on the field.

Yeah polls are a joke for sure.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

IronmenTradition wrote:Heard tonight from a Jackson administrator that Jackson has sold a little more than 1,500 tickets at the high school so far and Athens has sold around 900.

Who is the home team? :lol:
1997 Week 11 Jackson vs Youngstown East @ Cambridge

Jackson had about 5,000 fans and Youngstown East had roughly 50. Jackson's band performed the script OHIO during the season and Youngstown East had 2 drummers a gal on the trumpet, another on the flute and someone to "ding" the triangle.

Despite all the impressive showings we just couldn't tackle their stud fullback in the 4th quarter and Youngstown scored with about 13 seconds left to send the 100X bigger crowd home.

Ironman88
Riding the Bench

Post by Ironman88 »

Rutter field will over flow with red and white friday night. Ironman fans will make this like a home game.

79Tiger
All Conference

Post by 79Tiger »

Would somebody please stop calling me "waterboy!" I'm beginning to get a complex. My best to both teams and whoever wins, I hope they do so without injury so they will be ready for the second round game.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

I know how many Jackson will bring to Athens, but I want to see how many we pile into the visiting side of week #12....it's been a while

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

Ironman88 wrote:Rutter field will over flow with red and white friday night. Ironman fans will make this like a home game.
As much as I like Athens - and love having a new field for the kids to play on - neither team will feel like their having a true 'home game.' ... The action is just tooooooo far away - you'll see Ironman88 ... It's almost like seeing and watching basketball tournament games at the Convo ... The action is great, the atmosphere is pretty cool - but it all still feels distant.

Perhaps Scott Riggs and Family stadium will develop its own identity and have some tradition attatched to it in some kind of way (which would be great) ... But right now, its just a great field and a great place for two teams to play a football game - as for fans - I don't know ... Post your thoughts tomorrow night after you have been their.

Ironman88
Riding the Bench

Post by Ironman88 »

Meigs - Win, 56-9 will skinner play?no real test till ny. athens defense will slow jacksons offense but not stop it but how will athens
AT Vinton County - Win, 40-0 offense move on the ironmen d and not turn ball over
Alexander - Win, 40-7
AT Wellston - Win, 36-7 with out prater
Nelsonville-York - Win, 24-21 (OT

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

Ironman92 wrote:I know how many Jackson will bring to Athens, but I want to see how many we pile into the visiting side of week #12....it's been a while
Just make sure you wear your green-and-gold shirts I92 ... We don't want you guys feeling left out or out of place amongst all the Bulldog fans cheering on their team! :mrgreen:

ironman02
SEOP

Post by ironman02 »

Glad that tomorrow is finally Friday. Definitely been a long week waiting on this game to get here.

I think everyone already knows what each team has to do to win. Actually executing the gameplan and getting the job done will be much easier said than done though. Should be interesting to see how everything plays out.

From a Jackson point of view, this is obviously one of the biggest games in program history. It has been a historic season already...22nd SEOAL championship, 9th playoff appearance, 5th team to go 10-0. But this week brings another opportunity. With a win tomorrow night, this Jackson team will tie a school record for wins in a season with 11. Only the 1996 Jackson squad, the standard for Jackson football, has accomplished that feat.

These types of opportunities don't come along often. This Jackson team has earned the right to be here, to be playing for win #11, to be playing to move one step closer to a state championship. Execute, take care of the football, HIT!, and bring win #11 back to Jackson tomorrow night!

GO BIG RED!!!

IronmenTradition
Riding the Bench

Post by IronmenTradition »

Jackson has no business owners or lawyers? Come on man lol Considering there is a hospital, and multiple clinics in our area we have no doctors either, and maybe if our town had a college university then we would have some professors too? Could you possibly make yourself look more ignorant that making that statement? Jackson is a very successful town. JHS is very good academically and on the football field. Did I mention our stars Austin Osborne and Drew Ervin hold a 4.0 career GPA and last season we had well over 20 All-Academic football players. This year on pace to do the same thing. Please don't disrespect our town a night before we come there to play, you just might be adding fuel to the fire.

Maybe we are smart enough to understand pre sale tickets means we don't have to stand in line forever just waiting to see a blow out... ouch? lol see ya tomorrow :122249

GO IRONMEN

Return to “Football”