D IV R15 Qtrs: Ironton (6-4) at Amanda- Clearcreek (8-2)

JoeGatto
JV Team

Re: D IV R15 Qtrs: Ironton (6-4) at Amanda- Clearcreek (8-2)

Post by JoeGatto »

Any word on the injured Ironton player? Looked to be a pretty nasty knee injury.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

we were hearing dislocated knee towards the end of game there.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

but not sure how accurate that was.

JoeGatto
JV Team

Post by JoeGatto »

I was on the sidelines and heard the same thing. All I know is I could hear the young man yelling in pain from where I was. It took the trainer only a couple seconds to determine the ambulance was needed.
I'm assuming they took him to nearby Fairfield Medical Center in Lancaster. Hope he's alright. Never want to see anyone get injured.

TigerHillbilly
Waterboy

Post by TigerHillbilly »

Great game Tigers!!!!!!!!! Ironton fans was awesome tonight. Way to get behind the team, I was on the AC side and Tiger Fans were loud........ Good to see them being loud have not really been loud all season. Next game lets get louder... We were right beside student section and it was quiet as a church mouse. Thanks to our awesome defense. Great game tonight D, next week the Offense needs to buckle down on the ball and not put it on the ground....

Frogtownbuckeye
Freshman Team

Post by Frogtownbuckeye »

It was a dislocated knee and they did take him to Fairfield. We were standing at the gate that the took him out.

ItownHosscat
S

Post by ItownHosscat »

I didn't know it took so long to get to Symmes Valley.

bucks_09
Freshman Team

Post by bucks_09 »

Congradulations to both teams tonight. Went and watched this game and it was a pretty good one. Amanda had a heartbreaking loss at home just like my buckeyes last night but played a hell of a game and left it all on the field. Ill be there next Saturday cheering on Ironton (hopefully at Boston Field). But goodluck next week Fighting Tigers.

seasick80
All State

Post by seasick80 »

Congrats fighting TIGERS!!

Tigercannon71
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Tigercannon71 »

That was a great game tonight. We lost the turnover battle, but thankfully our D was able to get us out of any jams. Both teams played their hearts out tonight hats off to both teams.

bman
SEO

Post by bman »

Amanda has done reserved seating for home games in The Pit for years. That's one of the perks with getting those reserved seats for the season. Now I don't know OHSAA regulation about that.

As for fans. there were far more last week at the LE-Amanda game than there were for this game. Also, it was more 50/50 as fans were concerned for this game. I rolled into the primary school - where Ironton dressed - at 545pm and the lot was mostly empty.

As for the game, it simply comes down to Amanda had about 150 yards of offense but still felt like they should have won with getting three turnovers. But you have to put them into the end zone, and Ironton's defense stepped up each time to its credit. Also, Ironton did a nice job of getting pressure on Amanda at various times to disrupt the passing game.

Congrats to Ironton on the win.

The Exile
Riding the Bench

Post by The Exile »

Good game by both teams.
Overall, I thought a pretty even matchup. Both teams turned it over (I-town 3 fumbles, A-C 2 ints). Ironton moved it a bit more consistently on the ground. The hold to 3 pts early in the 4th quarter turned out to be the biggest series of the game IMO. I didn't really like A-Cs use of their best wr. The split him so close to the sideline that there was no room to work on the fades/out patterns, and little effort to throw to the middle of the field (there were possibilities there). Still, a hard fought game. It almost came down to the kicking game, which I actually was hoping for. Good luck to Ironton next week, and I too would love to see these two play in the regular season.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

so would i aces , i think we have 3 openings next year. this is where ironton's brutal schedule paid off, as everybody hoped that it would great game by both teams and prayers from the baitcave to nick culbertson.

chillman
Waterboy

Post by chillman »

no big deal about the reserved seating. understand trying to reward people for buying reserved seats. but almost positive they're not really allowed to do it in the playoffs.

Gray Fighting Tiger
Varsity

Post by Gray Fighting Tiger »

Reserved seating IS allowed in the playoffs per OHSAA tournament regulations found at this link:

http://www.ohsaa.org/sports/ft/boys/ftrglt.pdf

See Section 5, Item 3 entitled "Reserved Sections" -
"The game manager has the option of providing reserved seats if it is believed there is sufficient need.
If seats are reserved, the schools shall be notified in advance. There is no adjustment in ticket prices."

Assuming that there were indeed reserved seats at A-C, was Ironton notified in advance? And can reserved seats be offered to only one of the schools involved?

kantuckyII
SEOPS HOF

Post by kantuckyII »

What constitutes 'Sufficient Needs' though? Sounds like something a politician would have written

55buckeyes98
All Conference

Post by 55buckeyes98 »

The qb ok? Who s the backup?

86Tiger
JV Team

Post by 86Tiger »

[quote="tk421"]hahah, wow get the freak out of here. White with another fumble, sit his butt on the bench.[/quote]

Ya know I don't know who you are and I really don't care but you need to quit talking about these kids like this. This is football and fumbles happen. And YES this is MY KID!!!!! Funny you can sit on a computer and talk stuff without your name revealed. If ya got something to say then come to me but Stop calling out my kid like this and the post after this one!@!!!!!!!!! There is a reason he is on that field. Better yet say this crap to Coach Lutz see what he has to say. Trevor has 111 carries with 633 yards; 9tds and 7 receptions with 147 yards. Not to mention all the tackles and blocks he has. He must be doing something right!!!!!!! Get a life and lay off my kid!!!!!!!!!!!!

86Tiger
JV Team

Post by 86Tiger »

[quote="tk421"]Touchdown![/quote]

Ahh yeah that touchdown you were so excited about. Uhm? who scored that? Yes it was Trevor White the kid you wanted to sit on the bench!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

maniac66
All State

Post by maniac66 »

I agree 86Tiger go Ironton and lets hope for a safe well played game.

Return to “Football”