D VI R23 Qtrs: South Gallia (7-3) at Buckeye Central (8-2)

Steely Dan
SEOP

Re: D VI R23 Qtrs: South Gallia (7-3) at Buckeye Central (8-

Post by Steely Dan »

FANOSPORTS wrote:
Ol' Blue wrote:Fanosports...I really don't have a problem with your opinions!!! You, me and everyone else are entitled to them!! It's the way you word them that p.o's everybody!!! You seem to enjoy taking cheAp shots at teenage kids that aren't from Wahama!!! You seem to know alot about sports but just remember when you are on a high school thread that you are taking cheap shots at 15,16,17 and 18 year old kids!!!
There are a few people on here such as Steely Dan and Paladin that are like me and use "realistic" expectations and go with our heads instead of our hearts to the dislike of many on here but that's the way it goes. People are too sensitive nowadays so why don't we all take some sensitivity training and be politically correct in everything we do and it will make it all better. Not, Geesh !!!!!
In today's society, it just seems that many people have problems with realists. Too much coddling, too much kumbaya, too much PC. It seems as though there is a significant segment of society who has a problem dealing with honesty today. That is a shame.

I will be the first to admit, I don't always see eye-to-eye with FOS or Paladin, however, I respect their opinions, and more importantly, I respect their honesty, and their integrity. FOS is a straight shooter, and that is what caught my attention when I started reading his post. It is the unvarnished truth, his honest opinion. There is no pretense, and he has no hidden agenda. Imagine that, if the vast majority of people had those traits today. To quote the late Sam Cooke, "What a Wonderful World this would Be"....

FOS and I met face-to-face at the HS baseball championships a couple of years ago at Huntington Park. It was great spending some time with him. It confirmed what I suspected, a principled, honest person, who loves HS sports, the character building that it provides to our youth, and someone who cares deeply about young people, and his roots in SE Ohio.

I'm proud to call him an acquaintance and a cyber friend. Wish we lived a little closer, then we may become even better friends.

That said, folks need to quit wearing their emotions on their sleeves and wear their "big boy pants" when they get on here, and take what is being said for what it is worth. You don't like something that was said, respond intelligently, not emotionally (I know, that's hard, I'm guilty sometimes myself), and understand that other's viewpoints my not jibe with yours. Now, I recognize that sometimes people (aka trolls) get on here to start a fight, either shoot them down with intelligence, or don't say anything at all.

Whew! I already had a long day and didn't want to get on the pulpit tonight, but, alas, I did. Hey everyone - Support your teams, love your kids, and enjoy HS football for what it is, one of the greatest recreations that we have in this country.

SD out.
Last edited by Steely Dan on Tue Nov 01, 2011 7:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Burg_Grad_77
SEOPS HO

Re: South gallia (7-3) at buckeye central (8-2)

Post by Burg_Grad_77 »

dhs22p wrote:
JHS08 wrote:How are these 2 even in the same region? Lake Erie down to Crown City seems like a huge region

Buckeye Central is no where near Lake Erie. Sure these teams are far apart but this is how every region is.

I have to disagree with you on this. How does the OHSAA justify putting a team from Crawford county, which is 3 counties north of Columbus, into the southeast regional? That would be from one end of the state almost clear to the other for a 1st round playoff game. That is ridiculous. This team clearly should have been in Region 22 with teams in it's own area.

The same thing holds true for Wynford and Smithville being in Region 19. One from Crawford county and one from Wayne. Does the OHSAA even own an Ohio map. Since when are these counties considered part of southeast Ohio?

CoachBrittonFL
Freshman Team

Post by CoachBrittonFL »

The biggest problem for SG will be first the long trip its going to be close to 3the n half hrs can they get off the bus and be ready to play? Second thing is this will be the first time they play someone that spreads you out and will throw 30 times a game. NW Ohio football is so much different then SE more spread formation more throwing more competition night in and night out. BC quarterback is a heck of an athlete throws a really nice ball and has some play makers on the outside that are dangerous. Would like to see SG go up there and play well but I think the cards are stacked against them. Its hard to defend and scheme around something that you have never played against in the first 10 weeks. I saw all of the Tccsa teams play and no one runs the spread.

CoachBrittonFL
Freshman Team

Post by CoachBrittonFL »

Excuse me TVC

Mercerville Monster
All Conference

Post by Mercerville Monster »

Found some info on the Bucks. They have an 8-2 record with a loss to Ontario and to Wynford, the #1 team in DV Region 19. Wynford holds the current longest regular season win streak in the state winning 58 straight regular season games. BC fans said they were really outmatched this game due to the simple fact that Wynford was just so much faster.

On Offense BC runs a balanced attack. They run multiple running backs an feel confident in their running game. They are much more dangerous with the pass an have a QB is deadly accurate with his arm, especially on the deep ball and he is also very mobile and doesn't mind to tuck it and run to pick up some yards and he is getting a few college looks. As one of BC's fans stated "we would rather go over top of you rather than go through you." All of their receivers are 6 foot or taller with the tallest at 6'4" being the QBs favorite target. They said they have good speed outside at the receiver spot and all are very athletic and look the part. The line is good size but isn't really overpowering. Teams have got to the QB this year but mostly he scrambles out of the trouble.

On D, they say they are really solid against weak to average offenses but has had some trouble with good offenses. They are lead on D by a 6'1" 285 pound DT that has some offers from MAC schools along with others. Their secondary is quick and they do well against the run but sometimes give up the big play on the pass. From what I got out of it they would much rather play D against a finesse team than a power O team. They say they are strong but not that overpowering.

The biggest thing that scares them is special teams. They say they have given up some big plays but with some of the speed they have seen I can understand why.

Overall, this is a very scary DVI team.

Mercerville Monster
All Conference

Post by Mercerville Monster »

These people are really nice and VERY honest about their team. They say they think they are good but are worried that their regular season schedule didn't get them ready for the playoffs. The town of New Washington sounds basically like an exact image of Mercerville a there is two stop signs in the whole town.

Also, they said if you want to eat somewhere, there is only one place to eat in New Washington and they said the food is decent. The name of the place is Petes Tavern. They say if you want options then stop at Mansfield or Bucyrus on the way up. They said there is nothing in New Washington besides the school and farms. Also, the concession stands are very good at the field.

They were also getting compliments on their field from everyone they played. They said it is one of the nicest fields around, especially for a DVI school. Two big grain silos sit behind one of the endzones as you overlook farmland on that end of the field. They say it's really something to see.

Like I said, nice people who are very welcoming and excited to see a team play that they have never heard of. They feel as sorry for us having to drive up there as we do.

81dendmhs74
JV Team

Post by 81dendmhs74 »

Just to let everyone know Fanofsports in only allowed out on weekens. Monday-Friday it's the rubber room.....

boogerred
All State

Post by boogerred »

You guys ought to see if they do tailgating before the game. If they don't, maybe y'all should collaborate and get something put together.

BRUTUS IS A BEAST
All Conference

Post by BRUTUS IS A BEAST »

[quote="boogerred"]You guys ought to see if they do tailgating before the game. If they don't, maybe y'all should collaborate and get something put together.[/quote
That sounds like a good idea :lol:

Mercer Villain
Waterboy

Post by Mercer Villain »

I personally can't wait to make this trip! Having the only school in the county to be in the playoffs should generate more support from Gallia. Its going to be a tough game, especially with the D going up against an offense we haven't seen will be a huge challenge but if the rebels can play mistake free ball (no stupid penalties) I'd say this game will be much closer than people predict. I dont think our offense will have much trouble finding the end zone either, again as long as we dont shoot ourself in the foot.
I can't make a prediction but if we play like we did against SV it will be a blowout for sure. Just hope that's not the case!

Mercer Villain
Waterboy

Post by Mercer Villain »

would be nice to have the rebel end zone crew to have a tailgate party! That would be a good way to meet some people and talk about good ol' Ohio football.

Sggrad06
Varsity

Post by Sggrad06 »

I don't know how good the food will be after a 4 hour trip.

Mercer Villain
Waterboy

Post by Mercer Villain »

Yea true but could always pack a grill! Hotdogs cook pretty quick

WitnessProtection
All Conference

Post by WitnessProtection »

SG fans might want to pack their own food, because the choices are pretty slim in New Washington.
Subway - 125 S Kibler St.
Dutchtown Dairy Bar - 111 S. Kibler St.
Village Pizza House - 107 W. Mansfield St.
Dough Boy's Pizza - 107 W. Mansfield St.
Pete's Cafe - 115 W. Mansfield St.

WitnessProtection
All Conference

No love for Region 23 from the Columbus Dispatch.

http://www.dispatch.com/content/stories ... 5qc-1.html

bdubya
Varsity

Post by bdubya »

WitnessProtection wrote:No love for Region 23 from the Columbus Dispatch.

Both Tiffin and Bucyrus showed much love this week to SG.

We have traded info (rosters, stats, etc.) and are looking forward to meeting up with them this weekend.

WitnessProtection
All Conference

bdubya wrote:
WitnessProtection wrote:No love for Region 23 from the Columbus Dispatch.

Both Tiffin and Bucyrus showed much love this week to SG.

We have traded info (rosters, stats, etc.) and are looking forward to meeting up with them this weekend.
Love, love, love! :lol:

bdubya
Varsity

Post by bdubya »

WitnessProtection wrote:Love, love, love! :lol:
It's always nice to talk to fellow AP media members from other parts of the state, especially places you don't know all that well.

By my preliminary indications, expect a friendly, appreciative environment that has a lot of football courtesy. Expect some hitting too.

Good luck Rebels. Get that first win.

iam4osu
JV Team

Post by iam4osu »

Good Luck Rebels!!
Hope to see a nice turn out for your community pep rally!

BRUTUS IS A BEAST
All Conference

Post by BRUTUS IS A BEAST »

Anyone have a roster for buckeye central for us to look at?

Return to “Football”