SOC2 2009

Who wins?

Total votes: 0

Faclons Forever
Freshman Team

Re: SOC2 2009

Post by Faclons Forever »

Indian till death wrote:
Faclons Forever wrote:FALCONS all the way! It should be a very close conference though.. The only team I would count out would be NW, but even they've been talking up a big season next year. We just have to see if they can back it up...

I agree faclons, Northwest sadly won't make any noise in the conference despite the well known local hype and excitement, and the FaLcons shall be a formidable opponent, but I truly believe valley will come out on top this year. We didn't lose many players, but don't get me wrong. Evans was a big part of our team. We still have a large sophmore class and some great junior lineman and backs such as Shultz and Crabtree, not to mention Utley is returning for another season as a starter. I believe only good comes from returning so many long time starters. The team is finally mature and I'm looking forward to a great season out of my Indians.

1. Valley
2. Burg
3. West
4. Minford
5. Waverly
6. Whoever wants it
7. Northwest

It sure is going to be a long and competitive season...

Evans left? What school did he transfer to?

Westfan
SEOP

Post by Westfan »

Faclons Forever wrote:
Indian till death wrote:
Faclons Forever wrote:FALCONS all the way! It should be a very close conference though.. The only team I would count out would be NW, but even they've been talking up a big season next year. We just have to see if they can back it up...

I agree faclons, Northwest sadly won't make any noise in the conference despite the well known local hype and excitement, and the FaLcons shall be a formidable opponent, but I truly believe valley will come out on top this year. We didn't lose many players, but don't get me wrong. Evans was a big part of our team. We still have a large sophmore class and some great junior lineman and backs such as Shultz and Crabtree, not to mention Utley is returning for another season as a starter. I believe only good comes from returning so many long time starters. The team is finally mature and I'm looking forward to a great season out of my Indians.

1. Valley
2. Burg
3. West
4. Minford
5. Waverly
6. Whoever wants it
7. Northwest

Evans left? What school did he transfer to?

adulthood

Faclons Forever
Freshman Team

Post by Faclons Forever »

No I'm pretty sure this is Mark Evan's junior year. If he did leave it could leave a bit of a gap on the line.

Incognito
Varsity

Post by Incognito »

Faclons Forever wrote:No I'm pretty sure this is Mark Evan's junior year. If he did leave it could leave a bit of a gap on the line.

I think he was talking about Tyler Evans.

sider
All Conference

Post by sider »

knowledge wrote:
siderman wrote:These teams better get this young West team this year, because loaded will be an understatement next season. Next years team will be have lots of experienced Seniors and maybe the most talented team West has put on the field. They will be worthy D4 title contenders.

That would be Pendleton's senior year correct? Yes I agree the senators will be a very tough ball club that year, and possibly a D4 contender.

As for next year I believe it is a 3 horse race, with Waverly and Valley maybe getting an upset or two. The 3 horses of course being Minford, West, and Burg.

No Pendleton will be a junior

earp
S

Post by earp »

Who does West scrimmage and the place and time? :?:

sider
All Conference

Post by sider »

The only scrimmage they have that I know of is Gallipolis

earp
S

Post by earp »

Where is it going to be played?

sider
All Conference

Post by sider »

earp wrote:Where is it going to be played?

West

Neutron Man
All State

Post by Neutron Man »

Indian till death wrote:

1. Valley
2. Burg
3. West
4. Minford
5. Waverly
6. Whoever wants it
7. Northwest

So with Valley above Burg, are you saying that Valley will come into Ed Miller and not only win but actually score a TD on the Burg? How long is that drought again? Valley finishes 4th!

knowledge
All Conference

Post by knowledge »

I think a lot of people are sleeping on the Waverly Tigers, they are going to be very good IMO.

sider
All Conference

Post by sider »

knowledge wrote:I think a lot of people are sleeping on the Waverly Tigers, they are going to be very good IMO.

I completely agree with you, I have said the same thing in other posts

Neutron Man
All State

Post by Neutron Man »

sider wrote:
knowledge wrote:I think a lot of people are sleeping on the Waverly Tigers, they are going to be very good IMO.

I completely agree with you, I have said the same thing in other posts

I don't think anyone really ever sleeps on the Tigers, no one thins this team is going oto be bad and I think that they will have a very good finish but not as good as Burg, or West. You may compete more for a 3-4 spot with Minford

pbuck
All State

Post by pbuck »

Da Burg

oldcoachb
JV Team

Post by oldcoachb »

It will come down to who plays the best defense. I give the advantage to the Burg, but their playing in the pasture of pain this year. If Minford beats the Burg, then they go to West, where they are 0-2 after beating the Burg. Waverly gave up alot of points last year, can they be that much better on defense? Valley couldn't beat the Burg when they had more talent than they do now. Northwest will show up. My heart says Minford, my brain says Burg, because they will be big game tested before the SOCII starts. :122249

1)Burg
2)Minford
3)West
4)Valley
5)Waverly
6)Nortwest

falconater
Freshman Team

Post by falconater »

I think OldcoachB is pretty close to right. There are some good teams. I think Minford's preseason has two really tough games in Wellston and Coal Grove that should get them battle ready.
the last three Burg Minford games have been great games but sadly Minford has been on the losing side. I'd expect a turn around this year. There may well be a tie for the SOC II crown this year. There sure won' be any gimmes. I am interested to see if North West is improved this year. I expect them to hammer East.

Westfan
SEOP

Post by Westfan »

West has a very impressive group of athletes. The team speed this year is excellent. IMO, Week 10 will again have two undefeated teams battling for the crown.

Neutron Man
All State

Post by Neutron Man »

siderman wrote:West has a very impressive group of athletes. The team speed this year is excellent. IMO, Week 10 will again have two undefeated teams battling for the crown.

I don't know about that
I think Burg or West are VERY capable of losing a game or 2 this season
If not both of them coming in with a 7-2 or 8-1 record
But 9-0 would be cool
Last edited by Neutron Man on Sun Aug 02, 2009 11:41 pm, edited 2 times in total.

coop
SEOPS

Post by coop »

It always matters what happened last year, and hell every season before that to determine what will happen on the field this season. :122249

SSU Grad
Riding the Bench

Post by SSU Grad »

In many instances you are right. If the younger kids got a lot of playing time because of blow-out situations last year, that does play a role in this years team. EXPERIENCE !!!!!!

Return to “Football”