Portsmouth Athletic Complex Pictures

biggdowgg
SEOPS HO

Re: Portsmouth Athletic Complex Pictures

Post by biggdowgg »

Tobias wrote:Is this turf the same type of field turf used at Ohio State?

yes.

ironman02
SEOP

Post by ironman02 »

This facility looks like it's going to be absolutely amazing when it's completed. Glad to see several first class facilities in SE Ohio these days.

battlecats
JV Team

Post by battlecats »

I think the baseball field will be one the best around as well. I like the mini-levee with the sidewalk on it behind the fence to be. Alot of walking paths are in this complex its going to be nice, I think it was a good cost cutting idea to take out the field turf from the baseball field. As long as you take care of it theres nothing better then a natural turf baseball field, you cant smell fresh cut synthetic turf in the spring....theres nothing better.

ItownBrowns
Freshman Team

Post by ItownBrowns »

I was wondering where the locker room facilities will be located at this stadium? Are they in the fieldhouse? Also what type of facilities are they, for home and visitor alike. Are there weightlifting and training facilities there? If possible I would love to see some pictures of those facilities. Lastly, I was wondering where the restrooms and concession areas are. Perhaps I looked over them in the pictures. Thanks for your information and again this stadium is shaping up very nicely and I am looking forward to visiting there and enjoying some football at your beautiful complex.

Trojan_FB_Alum
All State

Post by Trojan_FB_Alum »

The home locker room is in the field house, and it is huge. There is a separate film room that will have an 80 inch projector screen and the seats will be on risers so everyone can see. There is also a separate coaches office, with restroom, and shower. A separate training room, and laundry room. The away locker room will be in the old basketball locker room in the gym, and I believe the concession
stand and restrooms will be on the west side of the field house. The weight room will remain in the school across the street.

biggdowgg
SEOPS HO

Post by biggdowgg »

Trojan_FB_Alum

is correct, the old gym is being completey re done, inside and out, so it will be top notch to, the vistors bus will enter the gates right beside their locker room,and they will get of the bus,and walk right inside from there.

Philly
All Conference

Post by Philly »

Wow, it is going to be really nice!! The Trojans will be really proud of their new hme!

ItownBrowns
Freshman Team

Post by ItownBrowns »

The new facilities sound fantastic. That sounds exactly like what I would hope such a proud program would do for its athletes. Perhaps when possible one of you close to the Portsmouth program can provide us with some pictures of those new digs. Being from Ironton I love and appreciate good football and nice facilities. While I love Tanks stadium it is in desperate need of upgrading. I would love for them to find a way of bridging the gap. Having a beautiful nastalgic old stadium yet incorperating all the modern conveniences like up to date locker rooms, restrooms, training facilities and more. The program, fans, city and past ballplayers all deserve for Tanks stadium to be modernized so that it will be available for kids to use for the next 100 years. I also apologize for using your thread about Portsmouths new facility to get my opinion out there, but its for the betterment of the kids, town, fans and also the best rivalry in Ohio. Portsmouth/Ironton

Trojan_FB_Alum
All State

Post by Trojan_FB_Alum »

Great post ItownBrowns

I wish we could have used the money to update Spartan, we could have built that field house in the south end zone and put the track outside, then put metal bleachers inside of the away side concrete, but it wasn't meant to be. I am just happy to see that our new complex is turning out so nice, the football and baseball parts at least. We will have to see how much money is left for everything else, or if there is any left for stage 2.

Hopefully Ironton can get someone to give them $10 million dollars to update Tank. I has always loved and hated playing and watching games there. There is nothing like playing close to the west end zone with big loud crowd and the band rocking. It is a hard place to be for any team. I look forward to (and dread) visiting this season.

biggdowgg
SEOPS HO

Post by biggdowgg »

finishing touches on the turf.

biggdowgg
SEOPS HO

Post by biggdowgg »

biggdowgg
SEOPS HO

Post by biggdowgg »

biggdowgg
SEOPS HO

Post by biggdowgg »

biggdowgg
SEOPS HO

Post by biggdowgg »

biggdowgg
SEOPS HO

Post by biggdowgg »

biggdowgg
SEOPS HO

Post by biggdowgg »

biggdowgg
SEOPS HO

Post by biggdowgg »

biggdowgg
SEOPS HO

Post by biggdowgg »

BigDintigertown775
Freshman Team

Post by BigDintigertown775 »

I think i read somewhere that when Portsmouth starts phase 2 they will still have around 10 million because they invested that original money before they even started working on the facilities.

85inside
S

Post by 85inside »

awesome facility. Where is the "Tank This" sign?

Return to “Football”