Portsmouth Athletic Complex Pictures

irish08
Riding the Bench

Re: Portsmouth Athletic Complex Pictures

Post by irish08 »

Thank you portsmouth for not putting in those goofy soccer lines, it looks like a real football field with out them. :aaaaa41

biggdowgg
SEOPS HO

Post by biggdowgg »

irish08 wrote:Thank you portsmouth for not putting in those goofy soccer lines, it looks like a real football field with out them. :aaaaa41

the soccer lines WILL be going in, from what I understand........

I dont like them either, but could be Shawnee state may pay to play some games there,,,,,and $$$$ talks :mrgreen:

WitnessProtection
All Conference

Post by WitnessProtection »

I probably missed this in the earlier posts, but what will be the name of the new football complex?

86cavs
Freshman Team

Post by 86cavs »

WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!
What a beautiful stadium that the Trojans have.I wish we was playing down there this year.Any ways congratulations on your new stadium.Maybe one day Chillicothe can get a new stadium.

The Instructor
SEOPS Hippo

Post by The Instructor »

WitnessProtection wrote:I probably missed this in the earlier posts, but what will be the name of the new football complex?

I believe it will be named after the woman who donated the money but there could be several things named.

For instance, the whole facility could be named after the benefactor and each area could be named separately.

The football stadium, baseball field, softball field, track, remodeled old gym, football field itself, etc. could all be named separately.

When this project first began, I suggested to Jan Broughton in an e-mail, that the football field be named Grashel Field after Tom Grashel. She returned my e-mail saying all of that would be decided later. She is gone now so I am not sure what will happen with the naming of everything.
Last edited by The Instructor on Mon Jun 15, 2009 11:24 am, edited 1 time in total.

The Instructor
SEOPS Hippo

Post by The Instructor »

85inside wrote:awesome facility. Where is the "Tank This" sign?

Portsmouth is too classy to do such a thing. :122249

biggdowgg
SEOPS HO

Post by biggdowgg »

Instructor hit pretty close on the name of the facility, in an earlier post 8) :mrgreen:

biggdowgg
SEOPS HO

Post by biggdowgg »

corected on the socer lines today,,,,,the field will look as it is on these pics 8) , they are finishing it up on saturday......

piratepride05
Freshman Team

Post by piratepride05 »

That is awesome!!

Trojan_FB_Alum
All State

Post by Trojan_FB_Alum »

The turf looks great. I would have like to see script Trojans in the end zone like it is on the helmets, but I would imagine that would have been harder to do.

Any word yet on how they are going to close the gaps between the field house, and ticket area, and the ticket area and old gym. I think it would look nice to extend the levee between theses structures. If there are any blocks left from the Selby building that may also be an option. I just hope it’s not a fence.
Last edited by Trojan_FB_Alum on Mon Jun 15, 2009 9:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

biggdowgg
SEOPS HO

Post by biggdowgg »

I like the veiw of inside the complex from outside now,I think a new chain link fence wil look great,so everyone driving by can see what it looks like.

I was by today,and they are working on the home side stands,and the blue looks great,cant wait to see the red in the center,,,and I seen this as I was driving west on gallia,it is a great look.

The Instructor
SEOPS Hippo

Post by The Instructor »

Trojan_FB_Alum wrote:The turf looks great. I would have like to see script Trojans in the end zone like it is on the helmets, but I would imagine that would have been harder to due.

Any word yet on how they are going to close the gaps between the field house, and ticket area, and the ticket area and old gym. I think it would look nice to extend the levee between theses structures. If there are any blocks left from the Selby building that may also be an option. I just hope it’s not a fence.

Coach Clifford told me that he wanted Trojans in script on the end zone but block letters was eventually chosen.

Personally, I think the block letters will have a bolder look.

Trojan_FB_Alum
All State

Post by Trojan_FB_Alum »

biggdowgg wrote:I like the veiw of inside the complex from outside now,I think a new chain link fence wil look great,so everyone driving by can see what it looks like.

I was by today,and they are working on the home side stands,and the blue looks great,cant wait to see the red in the center,,,and I seen this as I was driving west on gallia,it is a great look.

I saw today were the press box is underway, and you are right the blue does look sharp. I also saw several pallets of what look to be bricks in the old gym parking lot. I hope these are for a wall to fill the gaps. If not I personally hope its not a chain link fence. This is too nice of a place to have chain link around it. I hope for at least a rod iron fence.

What about behind the levee, they will have to have some type of wall or fence there as well to keep vandals out. I would be of with a chain link there but would prefer a rod iron here even over a wall, so that the levee is visible.

biggdowgg
SEOPS HO

Post by biggdowgg »

I agree,I would like to see rod iron look on the front where you are talking about, you could still see inside.

I was looking at the fence they have on the corner of gallia,and offnere,where the tore the church down...black rod Iron with brick pillers to seperate them....../???

TrojanBuff
JV Team

Post by TrojanBuff »

Trojan fans, enjoy this YouTube video on the NEW PORTSMOUTH TROJANS STADIUM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jCPJay4oyak&feature=channel_page

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

I am really happy for you guys!!!
:122245 :122245 :122245 :122245 :122245 :122245 :122245 :122245

You can just tell in all of the posts that you are taking so much pride in your new facility.
Good luck in the new stadium!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

TrojanBuff
JV Team

Post by TrojanBuff »

TROJAN FANS:

Check out this website: http://www.themotzgroup.com/247/247_sr.php

The Motz Group is the company putting down the Trojan Turf....however it does not look like they put down THE Ohio State University's.

Portsmouth High School is listed under the 'Upcoming' Tab.

Check out the 'Fields' tab to see all the high schools/colleges/professional teams the Motz Group has laid turf for.

Nothing but the Best!

battlecats
JV Team

Post by battlecats »

any new pics???

biggdowgg
SEOPS HO

Post by biggdowgg »

there may be some on the school site...

I have not been down because they have buckled down on the sucurity after a couple of incidents.

I may call, and try to get down tonight after the sun goes down :lol:

battlecats
JV Team

Post by battlecats »

are they going to have lights on the walkways throughout the complex?

Return to “Football”