SEOPS Hippo

Re: Week 2: East Tartans @ Scioto Northwest

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

GET R DONE TARTANS

footballdad
Waterboy

Post by footballdad »

Thats a nice thought but I think Northwest takes it again this year by 14 if not more. Last year they stomped the Tartans for the first time in a long time and I do believe they liked that feeling of accomplishment.

OSU_Nut
Waterboy

Post by OSU_Nut »

footballdad wrote:Thats a nice thought but I think Northwest takes it again this year by 14 if not more. Last year they stomped the Tartans for the first time in a long time and I do believe they liked that feeling of accomplishment.
Stomped? What game were you at? I remember it being very close going into the 4th.

Kenraken Ahta
JV Team

Post by Kenraken Ahta »

Northwest wins this one, but it could be a close game if the Tartans don't turn the ball over. The Mohawk defense looked really good in the second half last week forcing turn overs and scoring on one of them. The Mohawk offense is lead by Luke Brown, but there are a cast of skilled postion kids who can hurt you. Gonna be a hot one tomorrow so we'll see who's conditioning program is up to the challenge late in the game.

Tartanblue
SEO

Post by Tartanblue »

East has to play mistake free and cause turnovers in order to win this game. Last week they played a good first half but got tired in the second half along with had too many mistakes. If this happens again the Tartans start the season out at 0-2

OSU_Nut
Waterboy

Post by OSU_Nut »

Tartanblue wrote:East has to play mistake free and cause turnovers in order to win this game. Last week they played a good first half but got tired in the second half along with had too many mistakes. If this happens again the Tartans start the season out at 0-2
I agree with you 100%!! This game could come down to desire, and I think that's one area that the Tartans have been low on the last couple of years.

ManitouDan
SEOPS H

Post by ManitouDan »

NW goes to 2-0 and the party is on out to Mcdermott . The annual talks of a big year after going 2-0 will start. MD

Winchell
JV Team

Post by Winchell »

ManitouDan wrote:NW goes to 2-0 and the party is on out to Mcdermott . The annual talks of a big year after going 2-0 will start. MD
Northwest hasn't started 2-0 since around 2000 or so.

ManitouDan
SEOPS H

Post by ManitouDan »

maybe the big talk starts when they go 1-0 ?

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

ManitouDan wrote:maybe the big talk starts when they go 1-0 ?
The big talk normally starts before the first scrimmage. After that they normally scrap the talk of a great year.

Good luck to NW. Seriously if a D4 school cant beat a mediocre D6 school, they need to start talking about something other than football altogether.

noles_fan
S

Post by noles_fan »

i think NW has the best back in the game...if their defense plays well they should win

EastBeast06
JV Team

Post by EastBeast06 »

Good luck Tartans. Bring one home.

Slew72
Riding the Bench

Post by Slew72 »

Mohawks in a big way tonight and the 2nd of many!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :twisted:

alabama mike
SE

Post by alabama mike »

I think NW will take tonight's contest on Roy Rogers Field. Coach Fry will have the troops ready to roll for the first home game of the year. Good luck to my buddy at East, Todd Gilliland.

all-time athlete
JV Team

Post by all-time athlete »

As I stated on my SOC predictions page Luke Brown is a top 3 player talent wise and very few if any could take him down one on one and I just don't see East having the team speed or strength to even come close to being able to contain him, I think the Mohawks take this one and Brown puts at least 4 scores on the board himself

BigBlueNation
SEOP

Post by BigBlueNation »

The Mohawks should win this game by a bunch but who knows if the biggest school in the county cant beat one of the smallest schools in the county by at least 3 or 4 scores that will be sad.

OSU_Nut
Waterboy

Post by OSU_Nut »

That was one of the best games I've seen. Both teams played very hard and Brown is an amazing athlete. Hats off to the Tartans! They came out in the second half and seemed to just want it more. #25, Bellville had the speed that made the difference and the Tartan defense did a good job of getting multiple helmets on Brown and was able to somewhat contain him. It was a hard fought game and both teams should be proud.

all-time athlete
JV Team

Post by all-time athlete »

It was a great game, I must give East some credit they had more team strength and speed then I predicted they would. #7 and #25 had really good breakaway speed. If I can walk away with anything as a Mohawk fan is that Brown proved he is worth the hype I gave him 4 TD's is pretty good, but I saw talent from other players they need to become bigger impacts on upcoming games especially in conference play.

clevelandbrowns#1
Varsity

Post by clevelandbrowns#1 »

any stats???

Return to “Football”