Week 10 Logan @ Chillicothe

scooby
Waterboy

Re: Week 10 Logan @ Chillicothe

Post by scooby »

Chilli has a great coach.Proof you have to play the hand your delt.

C-Bolt
SEOP

Post by C-Bolt »

Locos your starting lineups are always much appreciated! I like to look back from a previous year just to see how many players a team has returning,,keep up the good work, trust me they are read :-D

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

Is Mathis or Johnson going to be able to play?
Guess Logan has a few out.

loganlocos
SEOP

Post by loganlocos »

Johnson is not expected to play (discipline).

Mathis is questionable for Chillicothe.

Logan will probably be missing McCarty and Lucas Branson - both hurt last week.

moonshine
SEO

Post by moonshine »

Game day perdiction:

Logan 21

Chillicothe 22

Hall of Fame coach will prove to much for the young Chiefs!

The painful season will be over! Hopefully we will have a new begining!

buckcraze
JV Team

Post by buckcraze »

Lots of sophs playing on both sides tonight it appears. This could become a strong, friendly rivalry for the next couple of years with many of these kids going against each other on Friday nights for the next three years. Struggle for both teams this season. I see this one being which struggling group decides to play one more hard hitting Friday night before putting on the singlet or picking up the basketball. Good luck and safe travels to all the Logan fans, but I am going to take my CAVS one last time this week.

Chilly 23
Logan 7

LET'S GO CAVS!! LET'S GO CAVS!!! LET'S GO CAVS!!!! :aaaaa8 :aaaaa8 :aaaaa8

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

rooting for the cavs here since we played them, points.

dazed&confused
SEOPS HO
Location: Those who do not remember the past are doomed to repeat it

Post by dazed&confused »

I think Logan being forced to play sophomores has to pay dividends in the next few years. Varsity experience can help ease the talent issues that many posters for Logan claim for the last two years. My hope is that these players will develop, encourage more potentail athletes to stick out the program and set precedence that the best players will play, not the most senior. And, I hope that going forward, malcontents and immature kids will realize there is no place for them on a disciplined Chieftain team.

1987chieftains
SEOPS H

Post by 1987chieftains »

dazed&confused wrote:I think Logan being forced to play sophomores has to pay dividends in the next few years. Varsity experience can help ease the talent issues that many posters for Logan claim for the last two years. My hope is that these players will develop, encourage more potentail athletes to stick out the program and set precedence that the best players will play, not the most senior. And, I hope that going forward, malcontents and immature kids will realize there is no place for them on a disciplined Chieftain team.
well put D&C

loganlocos
SEOP

Post by loganlocos »

Will wait until after the game tonight to discuss the future of the program.

THIS Chieftain team still has some things to play for. A win tonight would ensure a 3rd place tie in the SEOAL and avoid a last place finish in the league. Logan hasn't been last in the SEOAL since 1984.

And the all-time series between CHS and LHS is tied at 6 - it is the 3rd time this year that Logan has faced a team with a .500 record in the all-time series. Logan defeated Gallipolis and lost to Portsmouth in the previous meetings.

And of course getting a 2nd win would avoid the first ever 9-loss season. Although its been a disappointing season, this group is BETTER than 9 losses and shouldn't be stuck with that distinction.

Excited to see so many young kids getting opportunities regardless of the reason. Remember, McCarty was going to be a season long back-up last season until Brandon Graham injury. He made the most of it. Guys like Nick Kost, Jack Music, Austin Scarberry, Garrett Tutweiler, and others have done the same.

IMO, this program has always had guys "step up" to meet challenges and that was missing the first 5 weeks of the season. I praise a lot of these kids for doing so the 2nd half.

Finish Strong! Go Chiefs!

cavaliertrue
Waterboy

Post by cavaliertrue »

here it is week ten and neither team expected to be below 500 but they are but teams have equal problems so it should be the team that wants it must plus chilly would love have 2 wins in a row my guess it wil be close go cavs finish with a win tank 8)

cavaliertrue
Waterboy

Post by cavaliertrue »

well chilly won and yes logan is 1-9 it was close all night i have to hand it to logan they didnt give up and had chilly on the ropes good job cavs now its time to hit the weights and start beefing up and lets hope next season is better less injuries and less kids in trouble

cowboy nut 88
Riding the Bench

Post by cowboy nut 88 »

logan has a alot of issues,underclassman played hard.

moonshine
SEO

Post by moonshine »

After the playoffs are over for all the area schools I will look at the issues and problems as I see them for the Logan Football program and offer solutions!

buckcraze
JV Team

Post by buckcraze »

Good way to finish the season, on a winning note, for the CAVS. Both teams had a lot of young guys playing very hard. Both teams have a bright future if they can develop those young players that played so hard Friday night. As I looked back over the weekend I believe, even in a 3-7 season there are some huge kudos that need to be handed out.

First to the coaching staff; with all of the problems that this staff endured this year, 3-7, with the legitimate chance at 6-4 (lost to P-town in OT, 2 punt returns for TDs opening week in the 4th quarter, had an undefeated Athens team down at the half) 3-7 is a masterful coaching job. The non-sense that is being beaten around Chilly by a selfish vocal extreme minority that Hinton should not return is crazy!!!! Fourteen different sophmores starting and or contributing extensively-it has been said in high school football, for every sophmore you start you will lose one game- so the CAVS should have been 0-14 this year right. The injuries, WOW!, the injuries. The CAVS lost their best D-lineman for the year without ever playing a down, lost a starting guard for the season in the first half of the Athens game- the Athens game? I counted nine undressed injured players on the sideline in that game- lost the most explosive player on the team for the final two games due to poor judgement, lost a starting Db for four games due to a shoulder, lost the starting NG to a concusion for three games, in gerneral every game there were four to five kids on the sidlines in their jersey and street clothes. Discipline was a major problem again this year, just like it is every year at Chillicothe, no matter who is the coach. If Chillicothe does not stop letting the patients, and their parents, run the asylum the discipline problem will never change! Finally, just the second year of a new system, with a major dip in talent from the pervious year, looked like the program is definitely on the upswing. With all these problems these coach did a masterful job at making the team competitive in all but two games this year. Most teams across the state with all these problems are 1-9 or 0-10. Be thankful Chillicothe that you have these guys!

Next to the young players that will be returning, and the future of the program; several of you got a masssive amount of experience and grew into potentially fine high school football players. It was a roller coaster of a season physically and emotionally for you all. Be proud of all you accomplished and how hard you played. Be proud to be a Cavalier, it is special!! For the future, let the coaches coach you and you will become a fine young man and a decent football player on the way. You must learn in THE eternal words of Coach John Sines, you must "LEAD, FOLLOW, OR GET THE HELL OUT OF THE WAY!". Do not leave your team leaderless, and refuse to be the guy that does not work hard, own his assignment, and lets his teamates down. If you want it to, the future can be bright, but only through, hard work, dedication, and allowing this amazing coaching staff to coach you.

GO CAVS!!!!

Return to “Football”