S

Week 10 West @ Burg

Post by noles_fan »

And now it begins.......

lineman7
All Conference

Re: Week 10 West @ Burg

Post by lineman7 »

Wow, I have seen both play. It is a toss up either way, both teams are talented and both played with tons of heart in the games I saw. I think when both teams are equally talented it comes down to who makes the least amount of mistakes and who makes the big plays. I think West's overall team is slightly more talented than Burg's, but Burg will have the best player on the field with Shears. Should be an absolute barn burner next Friday. Please bring a better referee crew than you had for Valley game, was pathetic.

Westfan
SEOP

Post by Westfan »

lineman7 wrote:Wow, I have seen both play. It is a toss up either way, both teams are talented and both played with tons of heart in the games I saw. I think when both teams are equally talented it comes down to who makes the least amount of mistakes and who makes the big plays. I think West's overall team is slightly more talented than Burg's, but Burg will have the best player on the field with Shears. Should be an absolute barn burner next Friday. Please bring a better referee crew than you had for Valley game, was pathetic.
We know how it goes. I can't exactly remember the name, it's Flannery or Flanigan; something like that. If he does this game, you know were in for a long night.

Westsider1993
JV Team

Post by Westsider1993 »

Gonna be a good one either way....

D_Journey9
Freshman Team

Post by D_Journey9 »

lineman7 wrote:Wow, I have seen both play. It is a toss up either way, both teams are talented and both played with tons of heart in the games I saw. I think when both teams are equally talented it comes down to who makes the least amount of mistakes and who makes the big plays. I think West's overall team is slightly more talented than Burg's, but Burg will have the best player on the field with Shears. Should be an absolute barn burner next Friday. Please bring a better referee crew than you had for Valley game, was pathetic.

Which valley game you talking about?...West? or Burg?

ZacBrownBand
Varsity

Post by ZacBrownBand »

I agree (somewhat) with lineman7. It is basically a toss up. I agree that West is overall more talented and that Shears will be the best player. I've seen both teams play and both were very good. Burg will have the initial advantage playing infront of the home crowd at Ed Miller. I'd love to be able to watch this one but I gotta stay true to my team and go watch them again.

PirateFan
Riding the Bench

Post by PirateFan »

This will be the last game played at this Ed Miller Stadium. After Friday night they will start tearing it down to build the new one. Kinda hate to see it go but can't wait to see what the new one will look like. GO BURG!!!!

Mad-Dogg
SEOP
Location: Wheelersburg Oh home of the 2x State Champs, 8x Regional Champs and 34x SOC Div 2 Champs

Post by Mad-Dogg »

FIDO wrote:Should be another great game at Ed Miller........It's tough enough to beat the Burg in the Burg but when was the last time they lost 2 in a row at Ed Miller Stadium? I can't and won't make a prediction but I bet this will be another Senator/Pirate Classic....
I could be wrong but i believe 2001 was the last time burg lost back to back home games. I know for sure they lost to cincy reading in the first round of the playoffs 39-31 in a mud bath but they lost week 10 to ports. They have past schedules on burgfan but it list the last two games away. I know the readimg game was at home b/c my best friend was a senior on that team

blue53
All State

Post by blue53 »

this will be a very good game as usual. Always a good rivalry. Both teams a well matched and is a coin toss. I would think burg on top of this one. imo.

Jesco White
S

Post by Jesco White »

Should be an excellent game. The Pirates are going to again face a big physical line and a talented QB running the show. I think the Pirates will give West some match up problems atheletically, but Burg is going to again have to contend with West's big physical style of play. West's backs are as physical as a lot of teams' line. Before last night I really believed West was a solid favorite in this game, but the Pirates made me a believer. I think this is going to be a heck of a football game!

Burg_Grad_77
SEOPS HO

Post by Burg_Grad_77 »

West might as well just stay home and not come to Ed Miller Stadium because we all know the officials are just going to "cheat the kids" like they always do. Correct? :roll:

We all know that's the only reason the Pirates have won those 27 Gold Footballs. :roll:
Last edited by Burg_Grad_77 on Sat Oct 22, 2011 7:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

blue53
All State

Post by blue53 »

Officials are always going to make some mistakes, they will even make some controversial calls. But you can always count on fans believing they got screwed over. It's how your team over comes some of these calls.

Mad-Dogg
SEOP
Location: Wheelersburg Oh home of the 2x State Champs, 8x Regional Champs and 34x SOC Div 2 Champs

Post by Mad-Dogg »

Burg_Grad_77 wrote:West might as well just stay home and not come to Ed Miller Stadium because we all know the officials are just going to "cheat the kids" like they always do. Correct? :roll:

We all know that's the only reason the Pirates have won those 27 Gold Balls. :roll:
Well said 77

28Buck
Freshman Team

Post by 28Buck »

Siderman- Flanagan is the one your thinking of and I heard he isnt allowed to games over there anymore. Not sure if true or not.

This game is going to be a dandy. Rivalry and playoff implications.Ed Miller Stadium will be rocking for this one. Good luck and good health to both squads!

N B Heat
Freshman Team

Post by N B Heat »

Having seen both teams West is the better of the two . Now having said that since our society is morally bankrupt and this is the last game at ED MILLER stadium I'd say Burg in a close one .

DrillMaster
Waterboy

Post by DrillMaster »

Crew doing this game is solid, teams will decide this outcome, not the officials

SOCMAN05
Freshman Team

Post by SOCMAN05 »

Drillmaster thats great ! Where were they last night ? I'm taking West BIG !!!!

Westfan
SEOP

Post by Westfan »

28Buck wrote:Siderman- Flanagan is the one your thinking of and I heard he isnt allowed to games over there anymore. Not sure if true or not.
thank you. Not allowed huh. Now how would a referee not be allowed to due games? :roll:

Mad-Dogg
SEOP

Post by Mad-Dogg »

Looks like burgs playoff chances were sealed with the heartbreakin loss to valley. We will need to win and get alot of help to even make it in

West Side Pride
All Conference

Post by West Side Pride »

Good luck West, and play hard.

Return to “Football”