week 10: Symmes Valley (8-1) @ South Gallia (7-2)

Rebelcat
All Conference

Re: week 10: Symmes Valley (8-1) @ South Gallia (7-2)

Post by Rebelcat »

wermarshall1 wrote:SV Big.....
Yet another reason to Hate Marshall! :)

Mercerville Monster
All Conference

Post by Mercerville Monster »

I know you can't compare scores but before a game all you can do is compare them on paper and against common opponents, both teams are very close.

Southern - Both teams scored 34. Although SG held Southern scoreless and SV gave up 21, I'm sure a few of those points came late against SV.

East - SV wins by 20, SG won by 19.

In no way am I saying any of this matters, just a little comparison before the game. I expect a good game against these two for the #1 spot in the region.

Vikingcountry
Waterboy

Post by Vikingcountry »

Once again this game will start off to be a great game, Symmes Valley will start to pull away in the 3rd quarter. Symmes Valley 38 South Gallia 18.

Mercerville Monster
All Conference

Also, this will be the last regular season game played at the old field in Mercerville. Wouldn't be any better way to send it out than a big win by the Rebels.

96stroker
JV Team

Post by 96stroker »

Good luck rebels from your ole lander friend from Jackson!! Rebels 20 SV 14

Mercerville Monster
All Conference

Wow! For this to be such a big game this thread sure is dead.

educamatters
Waterboy

Post by educamatters »

I think SV does all of their talkin on the field. Their people are never on here much before the games.

Mercerville Monster
All Conference

educamatters wrote:I think SV does all of their talkin on the field. Their people are never on here much before the games.
True. Either that or they don't get Internet on that side of the hill.

Piratefan2
Varsity

Post by Piratefan2 »

Symmes Valley all the way!!!!!!

maniac66
All State

Post by maniac66 »

mercerville monster wrote:
educamatters wrote:I think SV does all of their talkin on the field. Their people are never on here much before the games.
True. Either that or they don't get Internet on that side of the hill.
LOL Ain't that the truth lol nephew plays for S.G. and they finally got satellite internet great if you use it at 3 am lol when no one else is online in the area but internet is truly a blessing in that area.
Take the Rebels 26-21 should be a great game and good luck to the Rebels on their way to the playoffs.

Mercerville Monster
All Conference

LOL Ain't that the truth lol nephew plays for S.G. and they finally got satellite internet great if you use it at 3 am lol when no one else is online in the area but internet is truly a blessing in that area.
Take the Rebels 26-21 should be a great game and good luck to the Rebels on their way to the playoffs.
High speed Internet is still a foreign object to many in the Mercerville area.

Rebelcat
All Conference

Post by Rebelcat »

mercerville monster wrote:
High speed Internet is still a foreign object to many in the Mercerville area.
I actually have better Internet in the Mercerville area than I did in Gallipolis. I have AT&T and when I lived in Gallipolis I had DSL and now in the big Metropolis of Mercerville I have AT&T U-verse.

maniac66
All State

Post by maniac66 »

Lol internet has as much life as a cell phone does out there maybe one day they will get things going out there with cell towers and a cable company with high speed inter net who knows.
But I would Like to see S.G. win this one but it will be tough S.V. will be tough bur they can do it.
Need to control that line of scrimmage and stop the big plays low scoring game will favor S.G. I would think but who knows with this weather. Let's go rebels and get that win and a first round home game.

Sggrad06
Varsity

Post by Sggrad06 »

I would put Symmes valley in the same company as wahama. South gallia needs to play a smart complete game. Agianst wahama they did this for 3 quarters. I could see this being a low scoring game. The first one to double digits wins. 12-7 south gallia

Rebelcat
All Conference

Post by Rebelcat »

I know that a home playoff game is on the line but will the winner be the number #1 seed? I know if SV wins that will be the case but what about SG? I would love to see SG get another shot at Trimble!

maniac66
All State

Post by maniac66 »

RebelCat wrote:I know that a home playoff game is on the line but will the winner be the number #1 seed? I know if SV wins that will be the case but what about SG? I would love to see SG get another shot at Trimble!
Trimble needs alot of help now since they had to give Coal Grove that game so they will be lucky if they make it.
And if they do and S.G. gets to play them it will be a different story this time around S.G. will lay the wood on them.

timeout
Riding the Bench

Post by timeout »

SYMMES VALLEY BIG

FANOSPORTS
SEOPS

Post by FANOSPORTS »

maniac66 wrote:
RebelCat wrote:I know that a home playoff game is on the line but will the winner be the number #1 seed? I know if SV wins that will be the case but what about SG? I would love to see SG get another shot at Trimble!
Trimble needs alot of help now since they had to give Coal Grove that game so they will be lucky if they make it.
And if they do and S.G. gets to play them it will be a different story this time around S.G. will lay the wood on them.
It wouldn't matter, Trimble would beat them a second time. The Rebs better worry about the playoffs after the sure loss this evening to Symmes Valley that leaves them with a record of 7-3. Region 23 as a whole is the weakest in the state this year so it doesn't really matter.

tomcat fan
All Conference

Post by tomcat fan »

Trimble is in as long as they beat Fed Hock, so be carefull what you wish for

Rebelcat
All Conference

Post by Rebelcat »

FANOSPORTS wrote:
maniac66 wrote:
It wouldn't matter, Trimble would beat them a second time. The Rebs better worry about the playoffs after the sure loss this evening to Symmes Valley that leaves them with a record of 7-3. Region 23 as a whole is the weakest in the state this year so it doesn't really matter.
It does matter! Your opinion on the other hand really doesn't. You know what I find interesting is that the team that wins region 23 would almost be like winning the state championship in West Virginia. The are 29 teams in region 23 and a total of 34 class A teams in the entire state of WV. And 16 out of 34 teams make the playoffs? Don't lecture fans from SG and Trimble on what does and does not matter.

Return to “Football”