Trimble @ Coal Grove game ruled a forfeit.

2trap_4ever
S

Re: Trimble @ Coal Grove game ruled a forfeit.

Post by 2trap_4ever »

I feel bad the the boys on both sides, I know that as the players go they (on both sides) could be told that they have to go play St. Iggy next week and they will be up for it, no matter if they know they are going to lose or not, what muddied this game was the adults in charge and that face that it truly looks like Trimble did not want to come down to Coal Grove, whether it be due to budget problems with making such a trip or whatever it has truly made the ones in power in Trimble look bad, now I am not letting my own admin here in Coal Grove off the hook. If we would have been forthcoming to start and put our illness out there this game could have been saved.

buckfan84
All Conference

Post by buckfan84 »

Is this set in stone or will Trimble Schoold District be allowed to challenge?

maniac66
All State

Post by maniac66 »

buckfan84 wrote:Is this set in stone or will Trimble Schoold District be allowed to challenge?
They may be allowed to challenge but I think it will be useless only 2 weeks left till playoffs and to much against them on this.
They had to know this was a posibilility and yet refused to work it out for their own need.
As was stated it had to be a forfeit to keep other teams from having the chance to do the same down the road. Cold flu weather ect......... So they took a chance and lost.

tomcat fan
All Conference

Post by tomcat fan »

I thought the only way a game could result in a forfeit is if the game was started? Sad for the kids

Steely Dan
SEOP

Post by Steely Dan »

What a shame for the kids. Hopefully, some lessons learned here by the Tomcat administration and their Athletic Director.

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

It looks like this may very well keep Trimble out of the playoffs.

If they beat Southern and Fed Hocking there wont be enough points in those wins to get them back into the top 8.

Hercules
JV Team

Post by Hercules »

Wow!!! I didn't see this coming! It moves Coal Grove up but they will still probably have to win out or get some help to make the playoffs!!! Really sucks for Trimble tho. I'm sure they would love to play the game win or lose. Ohsaa should at least let them proove it on the field. Hopefully Trimble can still make the playoffs but it will take a lot of help!

maniac66
All State

Post by maniac66 »

Ol' Blue wrote:Wow!!! I didn't see this coming! It moves Coal Grove up but they will still probably have to win out or get some help to make the playoffs!!! Really sucks for Trimble tho. I'm sure they would love to play the game win or lose. Ohsaa should at least let them proove it on the field. Hopefully Trimble can still make the playoffs but it will take a lot of help!
Trimble had a chance to proof it and refuse to honor it in a make up game.

rut151
Freshman Team

Post by rut151 »

NYBUX wrote:The phone lines will be lit up tonight!!!!!!! :122246
Hope he don't cancel the show cause of a migrain and try to reschedule it. :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
OMG, Crusty's eyes are bleeding and his head spinning around. I'll be shocked if there are any scores given let alone any talk of tonight's games. The clown will lose his mind crying all night.

ny_buckeyes_07
Waterboy

Post by ny_buckeyes_07 »

Even if Trimble did challenge this I think it'd do little to nothing this late in the season.

buckfan84
All Conference

Post by buckfan84 »

Unless they would be given a stay and make this mess worse than it already is.

icanpickem
All Conference

Post by icanpickem »

don't have a dog in this fight but.........

By my calculations trimble will end the season with around 11.08 which might be enough to squeak into 8 in R23.

If Trimble would have balled up and played and somehow defeated CG they would have finished around 13.9-14.0 which would have given them a home game and possibly the 1 seed. Oh well too late now. :)

nerkfan
JV Team

Post by nerkfan »

I agree, Trimble will still make the playoffs. Finishing in the 6th, 7th or 8th spot.

Raiderball
SEOPS H

Post by Raiderball »

Can someone catch me up on this situation? I remember the game was cancelled/postponed earlier in the season due to illness?????? at one of the schools (can't remember which one). I remember rescheduling (and playing during the week was discussed on here).

LICKING COUNTY FAN
SEOPS Hippo

Post by LICKING COUNTY FAN »

If Trimble falls all the way to 12 with this I would think it is going to be a little harder for them to make the playoffs. They should b able to win their final two games,but is that going to jump them over all five teams to give them the #8 seed?

Return to “Football”