Belpre Eagles Football 09

mister b
SEOP

Re: Belpre Eagles Football 09

Post by mister b »

M0TIVAT0R wrote:129 championships. WOW! That will be hard to beat. How many of those are in football?

There were new TVC banners hung in Belpre's gym this summer listing the championships won in each sport by year. The new banners are really sharp!

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

I hope you do well your last year or 2 in the Ohio and I wish you luck in the Hocking!

mister b
SEOP

Post by mister b »

eagle hero 31 wrote:ive been to all the practices and belpre needs to get all the right guys in the right positions, they have everyone out of position. for them to be successful they need to first all get healthy and then:
qb- Ullman
Rb- wadeker/watkins
fb- brannon
wr- tate, wadeker/watkins
te- wallace/miller
OL- meriwhether, carr, barrett,dixson,wallace
dbs- tate, wadeker, ullman
mlb- carr, brannon
olb- watkins, miller/wallace
De barrett, wallace/wiggers
DT- meriwhether, dixson

The one thing about a team without much depth is that one injury to a 2 way starter can throw your entire lineup out of whack, especially in the skill positions.

I think we are fielding around 30 players from the last I heard. I hope we continue to have enough for a JV team so some of the younger players can get some valuable playing time against players of their own skill level. I say this not to degrade anyone or their abilities.

mister b
SEOP

Post by mister b »

Orange and Brown wrote:I hope you do well your last year or 2 in the Ohio and I wish you luck in the Hocking!

Thank you. I am sure the boys will be doing their best. Nothing would be sweeter than to leave the Ohio with another TVC title.

Of course, we know the road to the TVC Ohio title in football will run thru Nelsonville.

tvcfan1
Waterboy

Post by tvcfan1 »

belpre looked good at the midnight madness rashawn ran hard erik looked good at qb and the line was blocking great cnat wait for the season

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

Mister B wrote:
Orange and Brown wrote:I hope you do well your last year or 2 in the Ohio and I wish you luck in the Hocking!

Thank you. I am sure the boys will be doing their best. Nothing would be sweeter than to leave the Ohio with another TVC title.

Of course, we know the road to the TVC Ohio title in football will run thru Nelsonville.

It's going to be a tight race for the Title this year!!

eagle hero 31
Waterboy

Post by eagle hero 31 »

tvcfan1, you got high hopes on this miller kid do you know something i do dont? i have never seen the kid run. please fill me in

tvcfan1
Waterboy

Post by tvcfan1 »

eagle hero should of been there Friday night than you would of known :-D

otterslide
JV Team

Post by otterslide »

Corey Law will be back Monday. He should be an asset in the backfield with an already talented group or possibly moved out to WR. He will fill the secondary with Waderker and Tate. Ullman won't play D why risk his shoulder. Law will also be returning kicks with the fastest 40 on the squad.
Last edited by otterslide on Mon Aug 10, 2009 9:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

rukiddinme
Waterboy

Post by rukiddinme »

:lol:

eagle hero 31
Waterboy

Post by eagle hero 31 »

tvcfan i was there, he didnt even score on the 2nd team, its easy to run outside where the little guys are at, when need north/south yrds not east/west yrds... :122249

bigred31
Riding the Bench

Post by bigred31 »

Law had the fastest 40 time when tate and waderker werent there...i know for a fact they are the two fastest on the team...I dont see him playing in rb this year with waderker,watkins, and miller

Eaglepapaw
S

Post by Eaglepapaw »

eagle hero 31 wrote:tvcfan i was there, he didnt even score on the 2nd team, its easy to run outside where the little guys are at, when need north/south yrds not east/west yrds... :122249

Nothing wrong with running outside if you are successful and can gain yards that way. Running north/south last year wasn't very successful last year when everyone knew that's where Ashton was coming.As good as he was he didn't have a chance because they were always waiting on him.North/south,east/west get the yards where you can.

gpgm6566
Varsity

Post by gpgm6566 »

I agree, a little more east and west last season would have made the difference for Belpre's offense!

otterslide
JV Team

Post by otterslide »

bigred31 wrote:Law had the fastest 40 time when tate and waderker werent there...i know for a fact they are the two fastest on the team...I dont see him playing in rb this year with waderker,watkins, and miller

It is called DEPTH. I never said he would be the starter. He will add depth to the RBs he will get time. So u know for a fact about the 40s....hummm really ok. I am not going to argue or discuss individuals in that manner. Put it this way they R all close.
I wish the entire team luck this year wish I could be there with u all day in and day out for the past 2 seasons. I'll miss u all. But we all have to move on in life and do what's best for everyone. Good luck guys.

belpreboy92
Freshman Team

Post by belpreboy92 »

Belpre should be an offesive dynamo this yeay. Watkins is filling in for Ullman the first 3 weeks but after that he will mve to HB and WR. Til then Waderker andMiller will be doing the carrying. Not much talent in WR but that will be leveled out when Tate comes back. Very excited. Staurday @10 am. Philo scrimmage. Ralph Holder Stadium.

Gregg811
Varsity

Post by Gregg811 »

How did the Eagles look at the scrimage this morning.

gpgm6566
Varsity

Post by gpgm6566 »

Lets just say they weren't an offensive or defensive dynamo.

air4ce1
Freshman Team

Post by air4ce1 »

well how did they do? philo is usually a decent team and they aren't afraid to hit ya, how did it go?

Philos_Finest
All Conference

Post by Philos_Finest »

Philo 5
Belpre 1

Return to “Football”