Showdown: Chesapeake at Coal Grove

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Re: Showdown: Chesapeake at Coal Grove

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

congratulations to the coal grove hornets ovc champions.

2trap_4ever
S

Post by 2trap_4ever »

Hard to believe but for the second straight year the OVC champ will be sitting at home on week 11 and the second place team will be going to the playoffs.

Vision Quest
Freshman Team

Post by Vision Quest »

2trap_4ever wrote:Hard to believe but for the second straight year the OVC champ will be sitting at home on week 11 and the second place team will be going to the playoffs.
Is that for sure or just pessimism?

RJ7171C71R
Riding the Bench

Post by RJ7171C71R »

Unbelievable Game!Coal Grove set the pace when they took the opening possesion 82 yards and ran off 12:42 of the clock!!Alex Bar played a well of a game and although they hadnt passed much all night with 2:30 left he hit a long pass to Guenther on 3rd down then had the QB Scramble for 18 yards!Im so proud of the Hornets and will ahve celebartion pics on my Facebook real soon!CG probably needed Meigs to beat Alexander for some more secondary points and Alexander won 14-0,but we will see how it shakes out and Coal Grove had a great season!!

maniac66
All State

Post by maniac66 »

it's called playing a good schedule and being awarded for it.

rico suave
Freshman Team

Post by rico suave »

cg flat outplayed the peake tonight. great game plan running bare and bender from the pistol offense. great job by qb bare for leading the grove to victory, driving 70 yds in 2 minutes with his arm and legs, both running and passing. bryan steele is a beast of a receiver and player, great game #33. bender getting the tough yards inside. we seen who the best #4 was on the field, he was wearing black and white.

Blue_nd_Gray
JV Team

Post by Blue_nd_Gray »

CPeake Got out coached!! 3rd time this year!

The Big E
Waterboy

Post by The Big E »

More honorable to be out coached, than have a win handed to you by the officials.

Vision Quest
Freshman Team

Post by Vision Quest »

The Big E wrote:More honorable to be out coached, than have a win handed to you by the officials.
Are you referring to this game? If so how in God's name did the official's hand this to any one?

2trap_4ever
S

Post by 2trap_4ever »

That was a very good game last night. I know the Grove didn't make the playoffs this year but as a Grove fan I am really excited with what I seen last night and what we have returning next year. We may have missed the playoffs this year but we will be back next year for sure.

tigermack
Freshman Team

Post by tigermack »

Here is the link to the Ironton Tribune's article on this game. Great game, Hornets! You have every reason to be excited. Your future looks bright!

http://www.irontontribune.com/2011/10/2 ... roundup-6/

The Big E
Waterboy

Post by The Big E »

Last year's game. Hornets were the better team then and now! Congrats Hornets, OVC Champs again!

rico suave
Freshman Team

Post by rico suave »

well mister roby, the biggest and best line at the peake, got whipped last night by the grove. and mcmasters scoring from anywhere on the field, he was non existent. qb from cg outplayed him hands down. looks like all your predictions were dead wrong.

Panthergirl
Waterboy

Post by Panthergirl »

Congratulations the Hornets on the win and OVC title! You simply outplayed the panthers, and deserved the win!! Congratulations to Chesapeake also for making it to the playoffs. As for Rico Suave, both teams played with heart, as well as both #4's. Saying that was out of line. You must learn to lose, and WIN with pride and class. You are lacking the class part.

greenwave2332
Waterboy

Post by greenwave2332 »

I really hate to say it but sitting in the stands it just shocks me that toward the end of the game chesapeake didnt throw the ball to #3 he has been our bread and butter all year long when it comes down to big catches. I just don't understand why we wouldnt send him down the field and let him make a play. And also one of our best backs only getting 3 carrys for one td??????? wow just puzzles me.

Panthergirl
Waterboy

Post by Panthergirl »

I agree greenwave, I think they should have given #3, Javon Thompson, a shot to catch a long pass.

tl895
Varsity

Post by tl895 »

2trap_4ever wrote:Hard to believe but for the second straight year the OVC champ will be sitting at home on week 11 and the second place team will be going to the playoffs.
play somebody!! ovc is worthless for playoff expectations

starbase_318
Varsity

Post by starbase_318 »

Tough schedules are worthless if you don't win the tough games. Didn't Coal Grove play undefeated Athens and Valley? A win over either of those teams would have landed mega points.

2trap_4ever
S

Post by 2trap_4ever »

tl895 wrote:
First off, I would have loved to seen Ironton play Valley and Athens this year, because I don't think Ironton would have faired any better than the Grove. Other than that Hornet fans know that the playoffs were lost on Homecoming night. A win against Bishop Ready would have had our final point average at 17.600 which would have had us in the eight seed in the tough region 19 or sixth(ahead of Ironton) in Region 15. Most Grove fans knew that Athens and Valley were going to be tough games a we stood a good chance of losing, but the Bishop Ready game should have been won, there were no excuses about that one, that is were the playoffs were lost. As for our conference, it is what it is, I believe that the OVC will regain some toughness about it but it is going to take time. The Grove is doing what they need to do as did Peake this year, as a conference we need some more teams to step up and get better but you can't change things overnight, for a lot of the conference teams there needs to be a complete culture change in the way things are done with their teams. One thing that can help the OVC is the departure of River Valley, not saying anything bad about the Raiders but with them out of the conference then that is one more non-conf game and one more quality team to play, hate to say it but that is the way everyone has to look at it. I said it in an earlier post, the Grove will have a lot of talent returning next year so there should be a lot of positive energy in the Grove for next year and we will be happy with our OVC title and the thoughts of what will be next year.

footballfan
JV Team

Post by footballfan »

tl895 wrote:
Then why has the administration at mighty Ironton been knocking on the doors of the OVC trying to get in the last two years????? Add Portsmouth to that as well...Coal Grove played Valley (the best team in Scioto and Lawrence county including Ironton) beat Peake(playoff team) and Meigs (the 9th seed in your region). They also had Trimble on the schedule as well as Athens. Why slam a team? What did the OVC exactley do to you? Everyone knows Ironton has won a few state championships as well as having countless past huge wins....but that time is gone. Who did you beat this year that was a signature win? Gallia....Russell....3-7 Portsmouth...2-8 Simon Kenton?????? Get over yourself and Ironton's past which you played no part in...

Return to “Football”