Sciotoville Community Tartans @ Northwest Mohawks-Week One

fuzzhead
SEOP

Re: Sciotoville Community Tartans @ Northwest Mohawks-Week One

Post by fuzzhead »

The SOCI will be tight. . . I just can't see anyone beating Oak Hill, though. But East and Symmes Valley and maybe even Notre Dame will all be slugging it out for seconds. We could see two teams from the conference make the playoffs with Oak Hill qualifying in region 19 (they'd have to go at least 9-1 to have a shot) and East or Symmes getting in on some D6 playoff action.

sider
All Conference

Post by sider »

I agree with your statement that Oak Hill will win the Soc...this year should be their year...East is just a young, small, scrappy team, I think they will do fine, I would say they beat Symmes Valley and Notre Dame (who seems to be down)

earp
S

Post by earp »

Great job Tartans!Now celebrate with some CHester Fried on the way home! :mrgreen:

battlecats
JV Team

Post by battlecats »

I know East won but did anyone think there was some bad calls made against them? Goof game though, hopefully for East they can get Rawlins back who is their best defensive player and continue to roll.

The_Sports_Junky
Varsity

Post by The_Sports_Junky »

battlecats wrote:I know East won but did anyone think there was some bad calls made against them? Goof game though, hopefully for East they can get Rawlins back who is their best defensive player and continue to roll.

There was many bad calls that did go against East. I would add there was bad calls against NW. It was the worst crew I have ever seen. I heard some of the Northwest fans say thank goodness these guys don't know the rules.

Northwest looked better.
East needs to get some players back on the field and they will be fine.

mglight88
SE

Post by mglight88 »

So was 27-17 a final score East over Northwest?

oldcoachb
JV Team

Post by oldcoachb »

I don't think that there were any calls that changed the game. Remember, this is the refs first game also. Northwest hurt them selves by trying to run back to back counters at their own goal line and resulted in an East touchdown.

NICKNEVADA
All Conference

Post by NICKNEVADA »

Nice pick nicknevada 27-13 and it was 27-17!

mobro
Waterboy

Post by mobro »

there was a couple of calls last night that i was wondering about. the two i think in the third quarter where east got caught for assisting the runner. I've never heard the penalty called before can somebody explain it to me :? . Other than that call I did see all the facemasks happen I don't think they were bad calls. Northwest just has to protect that football more. Especially when you are back near your own endzone.

Winchell
JV Team

Post by Winchell »

It is illegal to grasp a teammate who is a runner and help them advance their position. You also cannot push a teammate from behind to assist them. It is legal, however, to push a pile forward to help advance a teammate.

nobodyspecial
Riding the Bench

Post by nobodyspecial »

battlecats wrote:I know East won but did anyone think there was some bad calls made against them? Goof game though, hopefully for East they can get Rawlins back who is their best defensive player and continue to roll.

The TD that was called a no catch.... from where I was sitting at, and it was really close,looked like a good catch.Also a face mask late in game,the tackle was made right in front of bleachers,I believe it was Garrett, just wrapped around the shoulders and took him down.No where close to face mask.

nobodyspecial
Riding the Bench

Post by nobodyspecial »

winchell wrote:It is illegal to grasp a teammate who is a runner and help them advance their position. You also cannot push a teammate from behind to assist them. It is legal, however, to push a pile forward to help advance a teammate.

Except for Reggie Bush and Matt Leinert playing against Notre Dame for national title on a major tv network with millions watching :122248

Winchell
JV Team

Post by Winchell »

nobodyspecial wrote:

The TD that was called a no catch.... from where I was sitting at, and it was really close,looked like a good catch.Also a face mask late in game,the tackle was made right in front of bleachers,I believe it was Garrett, just wrapped around the shoulders and took him down.No where close to face mask.

That is the enforcement of the new horse collar rule. It is now illegal to grab a runner by the neck area and bring him down. However, you can grab the neck area while a teammate brings the runner down.

Tartanblue
SEO

Post by Tartanblue »

winchell wrote:
nobodyspecial wrote:

That is the enforcement of the new horse collar rule. It is now illegal to grab a runner by the neck area and bring him down. However, you can grab the neck area while a teammate brings the runner down.

If that is the case then there should have been one flag on Northwest for a horse collar tackle in the second half I believe it was the 4th quarter....also should have been a late hit against NW when Garret stepped out of bounds and was then tackled after he had already went out.

Winchell
JV Team

Post by Winchell »

If that is the case then there should have been one flag on Northwest for a horse collar tackle in the second half I believe it was the 4th quarter....also should have been a late hit against NW when Garret stepped out of bounds and was then tackled after he had already went out.[/quote]

All opinion-related. I did not see the game, just know that the horse collar rule is one of the rule changes this year and was trying to explain why it was most likely called.

battlecats
JV Team

Post by battlecats »

From the sound of things this might be the biggest game for Northwest in a long time. Im sure that place will be packed on a Thursday night and should be a great game. East 28-16.
Man I was close.

Kenraken Ahta
JV Team

Post by Kenraken Ahta »

First of all congratulations to the Tartan Football team. You guys could have very easily got rattled at halftime down 17-14, but you came out in the second half and did what it took to win. My hat is off to you and your coaching staff! Good luck the rest of the way and I expect to see a home game at "Allard Park" in week 11.

Mohawks, at half time I really thought you had turned the page. As we all know, turn overs and penalties will kill your chances of winning and that pretty much told the story last night. The defense played well enough to win this game. Offensively, going to have to open it up a bit. Granted, Tyson getting hurt early did not help matters any. Couple of touch downs from the offense and the out come of this game would have been different.

Take the weekend to get over it. Monday it will be time to start getting ready for Manchester. Review the film, make your adjustments and keep moving forward. You have much work to do young Mohawks. Keep your heads up and get better each week. There are upsets waiting to happen in the SOC-II. Use your non-conference games to get ready for league play. See you Friday night.

KA

Return to “Football”