Gerald Cadogan is a Carolina Panther

Trojan_FB_Alum
All State

Gerald Cadogan is a Carolina Panther

Post by Trojan_FB_Alum »

Former Portsmouth Trojan and Penn State graduate Gerald Cadogan has signed a deal with the Carolina Panthers. I do not know the specifics of the deal, maybe someone else can let us know.

I just want to be the first to congratulate Gerald and wish him the best of luck. "Once a Trojan, Always a Trojan" means there will be a large Panther fan base in Portsmouth.

Bigboy52
All State

Re: Gerald Cadogan is a Carolina Panther

Post by Bigboy52 »

Congrats Gerald

trojandave
SEOP
Location: Portsmouth HS--15 State Appearances in Boys Basketball--4th All Time in Ohio

Post by trojandave »

Congratulations to Gerald and hopefully he will make the most of his opportunity........

schenk11
All Conference

Post by schenk11 »

Drafted or free agent???

blue53
All State

Post by blue53 »

free agent I believe

Mad-Dogg
SEOP
Location: Wheelersburg Oh home of the 2x State Champs, 8x Regional Champs and 34x SOC Div 2 Champs

Post by Mad-Dogg »

schenk11 wrote:Drafted or free agent???

he signed a undrafted free agent deal. according to the daily times it is a 3 year deal but the amount wasn't availible at press time. congrats to gerald. i hope he can make the team

Cadogan agrees to terms with Panthers
by Chris Dunham, PDT Sports Writer

PHS and Penn State grad Gerald Cadogan celebrates during a game with Penn State.It wasn't the draft day people envisioned, but Gerald Cadogan found his home.

Instead of his name being among the 256 called during the 2009 NFL Draft, Cadogan was able to choose his own destination as an undrafted free agent.

The Portsmouth High School and Penn State graduate agreed to a three-year contract with the Carolina Panthers hours after the conclusion of the draft Sunday evening.

The specifics of the contract were unavailable at press time.

Agreeing to terms with the Panthers is another step in Cadogan's football dream.

"I'm just now wrapping my head around the fact that I'm a pro football player now," he said. "I reached my goal. I had to go to the back door, but I'm here. I'm excited, ready to go to work, put the pads on and see what happens."

The Panthers were last year's NFC South Division champions and have just four tackles on the roster. Carolina selected just one offensive lineman in the draft in Oklahoma's Duke Robinson.

"They only picked one offensive guard in the draft," Cadogan said. "(Carolina) contacted me immediately after the draft and they aren't bringing any other tackles in."

Cadogan will use his undrafted status as motivation as he goes into rookie minicamp next weekend.

"After not getting drafted, I've got that hunger and desire to prove myself," he said. "It's just like going to college at Penn State and proving myself to the teams that didn't offer me (scholarships). It's going to be about proving myself again and showing teams what they missed out on."

With his work ethic and character, Cadogan could provide an immediate impact in the locker room in Carolina. He takes a positive outlook and attitude with him to Charlotte.

"I was hoping to be drafted, but you just have to roll with the punches," Cadogan said. "I'm happy to be able to continue to play football and that's a blessing. I'm counting my blessings right now. I still get to play football and be a contributor to this team."

TrojanBuff
JV Team

Post by TrojanBuff »

Great information about Gerald and the Carolina Panters!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gerald_Cadogan

Carolina is a great fit for Gerald!

Mad-Dogg
SEOP
Location: Wheelersburg Oh home of the 2x State Champs, 8x Regional Champs and 34x SOC Div 2 Champs

Post by Mad-Dogg »

TrojanBuff wrote:Great information about Gerald and the Carolina Panters!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gerald_Cadogan

Carolina is a great fit for Gerald!

very interesting. thanks for the post

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

CONGRATS

gymrat
Riding the Bench

Post by gymrat »

Wow. Big time congrats from a Cavalier fan.

BigTime
JV Team

Post by BigTime »

Congrats Gerald it could not have happen to a better person. You continue to represent our area with class and dignity. You have always been great to my family and we wish you the best. GO PANTHERS!

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

congratulations gerald. you are a fine guy, from a great family. ytb.

BubbleGumTiger
SEOPS Hippo

Post by BubbleGumTiger »

Congrats to Gerald............

ImageImageImageImage

TrojanBuff
JV Team

Post by TrojanBuff »

Philly
All Conference

Post by Philly »

I got to see Gerald and give him a hug at Gaittis Pizza tonight. I told him that I was so proud of him. He says he is leaving tomorrow to head down south to Panther territory. I wish him the best, I know he will have the time of his life.

Trojan_FB_Alum
All State

Post by Trojan_FB_Alum »

Philly,
we sure had some good years with Gerald on one side of our O-line and Avery at the other. There are some good clips above that show some good plays by several former Trojans.

Philly
All Conference

Post by Philly »

Trojan_FB_Alum,
Yes, those were some good times! Avery and I sit and talk about it every once in awhile. He is very proud of Gerald. He laughs and says, " I taught Gerald everything he knows!!" I bet there are a few coaches who would get a kick out of that! I would love to see the Trojans have some more teams like the ones we got to enjoy watching. I'm sure that Coach Clifford is working hard to produce a team like that, and I am sure he will get it done! He just has to tell those boys to "PACK UP THEIR LUNCBOXES AND GET TO WORK!!" LOL It's a shame some of these Alumini players don't get together more offen and watch some old tapes of there games.....by now some of our young players would think Avery was an old dude now!! LOL

Philly
All Conference

Post by Philly »

I stole this off Gerald's Facebook!! LOL

Return to “Football”