Ironton News - Ironton's Newest Athletic Director

kantuckyII
SEOPS HOF

Ironton News - Ironton's Newest Athletic Director

Post by kantuckyII »

Mark Vass is no longer the AD at Ironton. From what I understand, Mike Burcham expressed interest in the job but was told that he couldn't apply as they desired to keep the job internal.

kantuckyII
SEOPS HOF

Re: Ironton News - Ironton's Newest Athletic Director

Post by kantuckyII »

Oh man! I just don't know that would be a path in the right direction! :122246 ;-)

ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

WOW.......what happened?????

Amen Corner
Varsity

Post by Amen Corner »

Who has applied ????????

freddieferd
Waterboy

Post by freddieferd »

Another fine job by our under achieving school board. How dumb can they be!!!!!

bigmont5
Riding the Bench

Post by bigmont5 »

:roll:
Last edited by bigmont5 on Tue Apr 28, 2009 10:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

Who ever the next AD is better have some kind of experience, he's going to be a busy man with us leaving the SEOAL.

freddieferd
Waterboy

Post by freddieferd »

We all know that there isn't much intelligence left on this board, but I at least thought Mr. WOLFE would hire a gentleman with 30 years plus experience and a member of the Ohio AD hall of fame. Hmmmm politics, aren't they wonderful.

juke boxer
JV Team

Post by juke boxer »

How many years experience did Coach Burcham have when he was first hired as AD ?

ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

Who internally knows anything about being an AD and is interested in the job???

Scheduling is going to be tough not being in a League especially if travel was the reason for getting out of the League in the first place. I would think common since would be to go with someone experienced if you have one that is interested and has done it before, very successfully I might add.

juke boxer
JV Team

Post by juke boxer »

So, does all this mean the current/former AD had it easy ? Does the salary for the AD increase/decrease depending if they are in a league ? Who is in the mix for the job ?

theassassin
All State

Post by theassassin »

maybe they should check to see if former jackson ad has any interest... :lol: :lol: :lol:

ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

juke boxer wrote:So, does all this mean the current/former AD had it easy ? Does the salary for the AD increase/decrease depending if they are in a league ? Who is in the mix for the job ?

I would think (using common since again) that the AD job is alot harder not being in a League when you take into account you have to schedule all of the games for each sport vice just the non League games . I believe that the SEOAL has a scheduler for all of the League games which in turn makes it easier for the individual school AD's, someone correct me if I'm wrong.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

kantuckyII wrote:Mark Vass is no longer the AD at Ironton. From what I understand, Mike Burcham expressed interest in the job but was told that he couldn't apply as they desired to keep the job internal.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ mike burcham , would make an excellent ad, and he worked for a fraction of what terry parker was being paid. thats plumb dumb, to not allow him. :shock:

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

and ohbuckeye1 , you are indeed correct. mike taught, scheduled officials, coached, and was constantly at the stadium, another blunder by the board.

ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

gahs4ever wrote:OHbuckeye....school ADs hire officials for all league games/matches in all spring sports in the SEOAL. Not every school has their own bus and with union contracts to be followed drivers and busses need to be secured for everything.

At GAHS in the spring it is not uncommon to see several busses waiting for tennis/ jr and sr high track/baseball/softball (both varsity and JV), etc going to the four corners.

Also lost in the topic is the nightmare and headache having to reschedule all the rainouts; especially non league because those opponents have league obligations of their own to fulfill which take priority.

I believe there is much more to the job than meets the surface, and for those schools without a league affiliation, just filling out a schedule can be another headache unto itself.

I agree 100%, that's why I don't understand how you could possibly turn down someone that has many years of experience at doing the job successfully, especially with us leaving the League.

Regulator
All Conference

Post by Regulator »

Is the AD job a full time job or just a supplemental?

theassassin
All State

Post by theassassin »

contact former jackson ad... i'm sure ironmen fans would give him excellent recommendation

MTSWNGRVSG
SE

Post by MTSWNGRVSG »

I doubt if he would give up head of football operations at Georgia Tech for it.

juke boxer
JV Team

Post by juke boxer »

kantuckyII wrote:Mark Vass is no longer the AD at Ironton. From what I understand, Mike Burcham expressed interest in the job but was told that he couldn't apply as they desired to keep the job internal.
On what date was Mr. Vass officially terminated ? I have not seen anything in the Tribune about this.

Return to “Football”