Ironton News - Ironton's Newest Athletic Director

grizzlynatural
Varsity

Re: Ironton News - Ironton's Newest Athletic Director

Post by grizzlynatural »

You can watch Tommy Boy and that'll explain it. You go watch that, then you'll understand my last post.

85inside
S

Post by 85inside »

Logan and Lancaster is a good matchup? How many has Logan won in that matchup? Their record vs Logan has to be very similar to their record versus.....Ironton. Keep thunpin those chests boys.

grizzlynatural
Varsity

Post by grizzlynatural »

85inside wrote:Logan and Lancaster is a good matchup? How many has Logan won in that matchup? Their record vs Logan has to be very similar to their record versus.....Ironton. Keep thunpin those chests boys.

If ya cant beat them find someone who can and rub it in their faces right? :lol: :lol: :lol:

Logan by 50 this year :122245

ItownHosscat
S

Post by ItownHosscat »

I'll take that bet... 8)

grizzlynatural
Varsity

Post by grizzlynatural »

I didnt make any bets, but you can have it.

Laila Ali
Waterboy

Post by Laila Ali »

OHbuckeye1 wrote:WOW.......what happened?????

It's called Politics. Nothing against the new AD. But, they knew who their man was before the job was posted. The Superintendent and certain School Board members had already discussed the matter. Coach Burcham should have gotten the job. But, unfortunately he is no longer one of the good old boys.

Sometimes, people can't handle the truth.

1-2-3 The Superintendent and certain School Board members just got KO'd.

CarmenOhio
Riding the Bench

Post by CarmenOhio »

So the unofficial "official" reason Lafon got the job over Burcham(heard he wasn't even given an interview??) was because they wanted to hire from within? So technically in the future, if ANY person in the educational system wants ANY head or assistant coaching position they get "dibs" regardless whether they have any experience? Let's assume (not trying to offend anyone) for a moment a female kindergarten teacher who has never played a sport in her life wants to make some extra money. Can she argue that she wants an assistant football position currently occupied by someone not otherwise employed by the school system? Or can we get rid of 1 of the seems like 15 assistant basketball coaches who is not "from within" to help out one of our teachers who wants a little extra dough? Just some questions....

CarmenOhio
Riding the Bench

Post by CarmenOhio »

So no one from Ironton can help me with these questions?^^^^

ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

CarmenOhio wrote:So no one from Ironton can help me with these questions?^^^^

I guess if you want an answere to your questions you need to contact the school board. Phone # 740-532-4133

purpleblood1
JV Team

Post by purpleblood1 »

Actually the answer to your question would if the K teacher wants the job and no onw else from within applies, then she gets the job. Ohio shool board law, they have to hire from within first.

fhsfan
Riding the Bench

Post by fhsfan »

The K teacher would not get the job...you must hire someone from within provided they are qualified for the job. Should you be able to show the person is not qualified, then you may hire outside of the district. In the case of the AD job, Coach Lafon has an administrative certificate, and with the new holiday tournament, he has shown an ability to organize and run things. Therefore, it would be really hard to prove he is not qualified for the job and thus hire someone who is retired or out of the system.

CarmenOhio
Riding the Bench

Post by CarmenOhio »

I don't believe that is absolutely true. I know of an example from a few years back. A person who was not employed by the school system but was coaching a less glorified sport at Ironton(and had been for several years) was replaced for this very reason. The teacher that replaced them had no previous coaching experience.

purpleblood1
JV Team

Post by purpleblood1 »

If a teacher wants it the teacher gets it, qualified or not. The thing is if they aren't qualified in most cases I would doubt they would apply.

Return to “Football”