Week 9 Portsmouth @ Logan

C-Bolt
SEOP

Re: Week 9 Portsmouth @ Logan

Post by C-Bolt »

Portsmouth wins 24-21 2OT,,,,Trojans tried hard to give it to Logan, but Logan would have none of it,,hope the injured kid from Portsmouth is alright....

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Thanks Portsmouth!

dave
Riding the Bench

Post by dave »

Portsmouth 24
Logan 21

Final

cowboy nut 88
Riding the Bench

Post by cowboy nut 88 »

another low for the chiefs.this program is in alot of trouble.

ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

Congrats Trojans on the win. Prayers to the injured player.

cowboy nut 88
Riding the Bench

Post by cowboy nut 88 »

will be praying for the injured player-hope all is well from chieftain country.

biggdowgg
SEOPS HO

Post by biggdowgg »

congrats to the trojans on the win,,,diddnt make the trip tonight, but listened to most of it.

heard the injured player was Duke Edwards, the said he was life flighted to columbus with neck injury,and a bad head ache, but said he is doing fine....

A-Town Big Dog
S

Post by A-Town Big Dog »

Congrats to the Trojans, I didn't see this one coming.

cowboy nut 88
Riding the Bench

Post by cowboy nut 88 »

biggdowgg wrote:congrats to the trojans on the win,,,diddnt make the trip tonight, but listened to most of it.

heard the injured player was Duke Edwards, the said he was life flighted to columbus with neck injury,and a bad head ache, but said he is doing fine....
thats awesome.

kantuckyII
SEOPS HOF

Post by kantuckyII »

noreply66 wrote:Ironton ran from the league and I wouldn't let them back in or play them.
It is a little different with Athens and a couple others because it was their first.
Not trying to start anything but perhaps it's time for Logan to bail out too? I mean, you all have lost 8 games already. The last time the Tigers lost 8 games in one year; The Mama & The Papa's 'Monday Monday' was on the hit charts, The Andy Griffith Show and The Beverly Hillbillys were still in production, you could buy a dozen eggs for 60 cents and a gallon of gas for 32 cents and Lyndon B. Johnson was president!

scooby
Waterboy

Post by scooby »

out coached when the better bigger players don't play on offense for some reason. you need to block

mab43bac
Freshman Team

Post by mab43bac »

Logan just dosent have the talent this yr.They werent outcoached just out played they will get better.They have a sophomore starting qb and a young line.I knew this would happen because they were so good for so long ,people want to kick them when they are down.

biggdowgg
SEOPS HO

Post by biggdowgg »

FIDO wrote:
biggdowgg wrote:congrats to the trojans on the win,,,diddnt make the trip tonight, but listened to most of it.

Isn't this the player with multiple concussions this year and was told he was finished for the year after his last one. Is this the same player you pointed out to me and said he was tough as nails.

no,,,that would be Johnny Charles.

trojandave
SEOP
Location: Portsmouth HS--15 State Appearances in Boys Basketball--4th All Time in Ohio

Post by trojandave »

Godspeed to Duke Edwards on a full recovery from his injury last night............

VERY PROUD OF OUR TROJANS!!!.........CONGRATULATIONS PLAYERS AND COACHES!!

Zaide Whitley was outstanding for PHS...........scoring all 24 points, including the game winning field goal...........and Mason Jordan had a good night passing the football.

I also thought this might have been Portsmouth's best game of tackling this year.......it seemed like Logan's ballcarriers went down when hit..........and in many cases the Trojans swarmed to the ball. Dion McKinley and Austin Porter had huge defensive games for PHS, and the stop troops also intercepted 4 Logan passes, two by Mason Jordan, one each for Dion McKinley and L.J.Adams.........Adams' interception was really big, coming in the 2nd OT to end a Logan scoring threat.

This was Portsmouth's first win over Logan since joining the SEOAL 6 years ago........until last night, the Trojans had defeated every team in the league with the exception of the Chieftains.

It also marked the 3rd OT game for PHS this year........Wilmington, Chillicothe, and Logan, with the Trojans winning the last 2 OT games.

Hopefully our Trojans will carry this win into Tank Stadium next Friday with some positive momentum...........if we can minimize our mistakes, as I have said all year, we can play some good football because we have some kids who can make plays.

GO TROJANS!! BEAT THOSE FIGHTING TIGERS!!

LHS 72
S

Post by LHS 72 »

Logan was not motivated for most of the game. Both teams coaches performance hurt there respective teams. With all the missed opportunites logan had , they should have won by at least 2-3 TD's. How long will the taxpayers of this once proud program put up with this! Yes we are lacking even good talent but when the other teams try's to give you the game, changes must occur!
I will say the young players, played tough!
Last edited by LHS 72 on Sun Oct 23, 2011 10:18 am, edited 1 time in total.

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

With Logan having to go to their 4th string TB I thought they did well.
Defense adjusted good after the first quarter.Still was burnt a couple times but it was a lot better.
It was a game that one player beat us most of the night.

I thought over all our boys hung in there and did a good job when players started going down.
One more game boys and it always helps to go out with a win.

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

kantuckyII wrote:
noreply66 wrote:Ironton ran from the league and I wouldn't let them back in or play them.
It is a little different with Athens and a couple others because it was their first.
Not trying to start anything but perhaps it's time for Logan to bail out too? I mean, you all have lost 8 games already. The last time the Tigers lost 8 games in one year; The Mama & The Papa's 'Monday Monday' was on the hit charts, The Andy Griffith Show and The Beverly Hillbillys were still in production, you could buy a dozen eggs for 60 cents and a gallon of gas for 32 cents and Lyndon B. Johnson was president!
You need to bail out--and you know you are trying to start something-you didn't hide it with those words.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

noreply66 wrote:
kantuckyII wrote:
You need to bail out--and you know you are trying to start something-you didn't hide it with those words.
---------------i don't see it that way noreply. you started the ironton bailed thing. i liked the seoal myself, but it is what it is. and in my opinion ironton did the right thing, as the seoal seems to be coming apart at the seams, and ironton most certainly upgraded the strength of their schedule by a large margin.

kantuckyII
SEOPS HOF

Post by kantuckyII »

noreply66 wrote:
kantuckyII wrote:
The only thing I'm trying to start is for you to take a long look at things...and didn't I present it to you in a colorful, humorous manner that's easy to digest yet wonderfully discrept? Because you beat Ironton a couple years doesn't mean that the Tigers ran from you. I'm sure there were many things taken into consideration before leaving. Eight losses in one season? again, it's been 45 years since Ironton has done that!

maniac66
All State

Post by maniac66 »

Now you know Big bad Logan is steps and year beyond the ironton program I mean the cost of travel and the fact when Ironton rejoined the fabled SEAOL it was a two division conference then don't mean a thing to some people it's always Ironton was mad because they couldn't win Ironton won and made playoffs and still will.
Let Logan Jackson and Gallia refuse to play us it's all good because Ironton is still one of the better programs year in and year out.
And what does Logan have to say we have to tough a schedule to be able to compete yeah getting beat by a Div 5 team and a div 4 team that is down is a real good thing to fall back on.
I will give NY is the real deal but you still lost when this game was scheduled you all talked about how good the gate would be but NY never had a chance lol wow talk about a bite in the rear lol

Return to “Football”