Week 9: Nelsonville-York (8-0, 3-0) @ Alexander (6-2, 1-2)

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Re: Week 9: Nelsonville-York (8-0, 3-0) @ Alexander (6-2, 1-

Post by Orange and Brown »

NY will ROLL!!!!

NYFan54
Varsity

Post by NYFan54 »

The Bucks will roll!!!!!!

CavsFan08
JV Team

Post by CavsFan08 »

Gotta go with ny in this one. Apparently there is too much 'buckeye envy' for anyone to handle this season.

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

Someone better tell the Spartans to get off the tracks cause the Buckeye express is coming through!!! It's that time of year where great teams should be playing 4 great quarters every week. This week it will only take 1 good quarter though. Go Bucks.

buckeye_master
Freshman Team

Post by buckeye_master »

NY put up 352 to points this season and have only been scored on by 51 points all season nice job bucks....i see Ny knocking off alex....But that being said i hope Ny play's like they did the first half of the season they need to start putting up points quick like they did in the first part of the season and the speed needs to come back they just look a little slower now. but maybe its just me idk !!!

buckeyeguy
Varsity

Post by buckeyeguy »

Alexander has size advantage on the line.. NY MORE SPEED..but size that wont be an issue unless its a rainy mud bowl like 09.. if so it could be a game... over all NY has more speed and overall talent just to many weapons and wont be tested till week 10. No better way to get ready for the playoffs then playing a undefeated athens team in athens....... MAYBE THIS WILL GET SOME SPARTAN FANS TALKING :122245 .... GO BUCKS

NY 46
ALEX 0

RAINY BAD FEILD :?:

NY 20

ALEX 14

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

NELSONVILLE-YORK TEAM STATS ARE UPLOADED AFTER WEEK 8: http://trivalleyconference.com/Nelsonville-York.html

ALEXANDER TEAM STATS: http://trivalleyconference.com/Alexander.html

thechosenone
Varsity

Post by thechosenone »

35-0 only 35 cause NY rest for athens..

zipper1
Freshman Team

Post by zipper1 »

it comes down to ny and the dogs go ny show them real football

indianabuck
All State

Post by indianabuck »

The mud or high weeds could be an equalizer. It slowed them down at Meigs for 3 quarters. It could very easily do the same on Friday. Yes NY has played on grass, but nothing like what Alex has.

NYBUX
Varsity

Post by NYBUX »

indianabuck wrote:The mud or high weeds could be an equalizer. It slowed them down at Meigs for 3 quarters. It could very easily do the same on Friday. Yes NY has played on grass, but nothing like what Alex has.

quote"Dont see trimble beating N-Y this year, but Newark Catholic, Bishop Ready, and Logan will be the reasons NY dont make it."quote

This from the same guy that said Newark Catholic, Bishop Ready and Logan would keep NY out of the playoffs.
They already proved you WRONG> :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

rut151
Freshman Team

Post by rut151 »

indianabuck wrote:The mud or high weeds could be an equalizer. It slowed them down at Meigs for 3 quarters. It could very easily do the same on Friday. Yes NY has played on grass, but nothing like what Alex has.

Did you even watch the game? Who was slow?

Field was not factor there Friday night expert.

NYF
Freshman Team

Post by NYF »

NY wins this game. Alex might stay with them for a qrt. But NY pulls away. Field will be OK. Alex just put a lot of money into there field over the summer. Plus they do not play youth or Jr. High games on that field. So I'm sure it will be OK.
Alex will come out fired up. They are basically playing for pride. TVC, playoffs are done for the Spartens.
A lot also depends on the health of Bennett and Daniels. Daniels the starting C I believe was still out Friday night.
Saw him walking on cruches. Bennett didn't come back into the game after he limped off the field.
Not sure what happen to him, but he didn't look good.
I also heard NY lost one player for sure due to a concession, plus Kline has a sore grion or hammy.
It was a rough Friday night for the area teams, Prater, Rouch, Skinner, Kline, Carter all didn't finish the game. Hope
There injuries are short.
Good luck Bucks!

buckman
Freshman Team

Post by buckman »

Calpreps ssays 41-14. I don't think NY has been as sharp the past two weeks, and if field conditions are an issue, go with NY 28-13.

Looking ahead, Calpreps also says NY over Athens 31-22. I'll call that a pick-em, with an edge to the home team. Caught Athens on Channel 15 a few times this year, and they look pretty stout.

Go Bucks!!

Bishtakes
Riding the Bench

Post by Bishtakes »

Totally agree Buckfan...The first 6 games showed the Bucks with total game control, players in the right position, guys flying to the ball and had a "Football Swagger" that highlited the obvious. These last two games have been nothing like the first 6. These next two weeks will dictate how far we go so strap it on, prepare and focus.

Now about Alex...I walked out of the gym at Alex two weeks ago watching volleyball and I witnessed the worst thing ever and Alexander should be punished for this. Get this, the football field was playing host to a soccer game and it must have been halftime as there was rap music blaring over the loudspeaker. Crime #1 was playing soccer on a football field and Crime #2 is rap music over the loudspeaker at a football field. Your punishment will be delivered this Friday. GO BUCKS!!!!!!

NYF
Freshman Team

Post by NYF »

Not sure if its NY not looking sharp or oppenents presenting new defensive schemes.
I know at Meigs, NY killed them selves with penalties and fumbles. Against Vinton, NY dropped the
first two passes to start the game that would of been big gains if not a TD. After that there offense put up 21 pts and a Def TD in the 2nd qrt.
Vinton ran double tight smash mouth football. Ran a lot of time off the clock. Limited NY's touches in the first half.
Don't have much belief in Calpreps or Drew Pastores sites. I think its won on the field. 2 years ago at Athens. Athens 9-0 NY 7-2. NY pulls off the upset. Also two years ago, I hate to say Alex over NY.

ButterFingers
Riding the Bench

Post by ButterFingers »

I know I am a little late, but @ the Meigs game, the field was definitely a factor. It played a major role in the passing game for NY. I am just happy that Athens will be on a turf field. Major advantage for NY.

rut151
Freshman Team

Post by rut151 »

Bishtakes wrote:Totally agree Buckfan...The first 6 games showed the Bucks with total game control, players in the right position, guys flying to the ball and had a "Football Swagger" that highlited the obvious. These last two games have been nothing like the first 6. These next two weeks will dictate how far we go so strap it on, prepare and focus.

Now about Alex...I walked out of the gym at Alex two weeks ago watching volleyball and I witnessed the worst thing ever and Alexander should be punished for this. Get this, the football field was playing host to a soccer game and it must have been halftime as there was rap music blaring over the loudspeaker. Crime #1 was playing soccer on a football field and Crime #2 is rap music over the loudspeaker at a football field. Your punishment will be delivered this Friday. GO BUCKS!!!!!!
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: and what would soccer(sissy ball) and rap (crap) music rate as........felonies :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

NYF
Freshman Team

Post by NYF »

NY had almost 200yards passing against Meigs. They struggled running the ball. Wasn't due to weather or field.
Just missed assignments. I spoke with a few of the boys the next day and they said they just didn't play well.

buckman
Freshman Team

Post by buckman »

All teams are getting worn down this time of year. I don't know how many penalties NY had in the VC game, but it had to be double digits. VC marched right down the field in the 2nd half and didn't really do anything on offense to deserve it. The refs seemed a bit flag happy, as I can't believe there were that many facemask penalties, but a sloppy effort for NY to boot.

I expect an ugly game on Friday, and an all out war on the Athens turf. If NY plays like the first six games, I'd give them a shot at the region, but if it's like the first half at Meigs, and at time during the VC game, it might be one and done.

Return to “Football”