Week 9: Nelsonville-York (8-0, 3-0) @ Alexander (6-2, 1-2)

buckeyeguy
Varsity

Re: Week 9: Nelsonville-York (8-0, 3-0) @ Alexander (6-2, 1-

Post by buckeyeguy »

I agree with NYF.. It was not the feild they just missed assignments, these next two weeks are huge and NY knows it and these next two weeks are the ones they have been waiting for, not that they have not been taking it one game at a time because they have been. I look for NY to be ready and focused this week as well as next.. maybe they could of had better games last couple weeks but now i think they will back to playing like they have the first 6 weeks of football... I heard carter is out for 2 weeks so he will play in week 11, goodluck to all the players this friday hope for an injury free game..GO BUCKS

buckman
Freshman Team

Post by buckman »

Best not to mess with concussions, as life is more important than football (did I really just say that?)! :)

Go Bucks.

NYF
Freshman Team

Post by NYF »

Played bad at Meigs won 41-14, bad vs VC won 47-0. Not bad for playing down.
Most teams would love those scores.

bucks_09
Freshman Team

Post by bucks_09 »

NYF wrote:Played bad at Meigs won 41-14, bad vs VC won 47-0. Not bad for playing down.
41 -0 over Vinton County

indianabuck
All State

Post by indianabuck »

It going to be a war on Friday. Hope health for both teams is not a factor. Weather looks like it wont be a problem either.
NY does need to play better to beat Athens and in the playoffs. I was WRONG about NC, Ready & Logan. I am right about region 19. It is loaded. It will take 3 almost perfect games to win the region.

NY BUCKS
All State

Post by NY BUCKS »

It wont be a war friday..Unless NY Lets it..If NY plays like they did in the first 6 games..It will be over at the end of the first..Sorry sparty PAYBACK TIME...Bucks ROLL!!!!

Vladd
Freshman Team

Post by Vladd »

Even though NY beat my team at VC, and quite handily, good luck on the next two weeks and hope you all the best in the playoff's. You all have a awesome stadium and you should be very proud of it.

A-Town Big Dog
S

Post by A-Town Big Dog »

NYF wrote:Not sure if its NY not looking sharp or oppenents presenting new defensive schemes.
I know at Meigs, NY killed them selves with penalties and fumbles. Against Vinton, NY dropped the
first two passes to start the game that would of been big gains if not a TD. After that there offense put up 21 pts and a Def TD in the 2nd qrt.
Vinton ran double tight smash mouth football. Ran a lot of time off the clock. Limited NY's touches in the first half.
Don't have much belief in Calpreps or Drew Pastores sites. I think its won on the field. 2 years ago at Athens. Athens 9-0 NY 7-2. NY pulls off the upset. Also two years ago, I hate to say Alex over NY.
Athens was 7-0 going into the game against N-Y who was 6-1 at the time, N-Y lost to Ironton the following week for their second loss.

A-Town Big Dog
S

Post by A-Town Big Dog »

Alexander will not even be a speed bump for N-Y this season.

indianabuck
All State

Post by indianabuck »

If we get as much rain as they are saying, this game will be ALOT closer than everyone is thinking. Yes NY has more talent and will eventually win this game, but a sloppy, wet turf will slow them down for a while, especially with Alex's size.

NYBUX
Varsity

Post by NYBUX »

indianabuck wrote:If we get as much rain as they are saying, this game will be ALOT closer than everyone is thinking. Yes NY has more talent and will eventually win this game, but a sloppy, wet turf will slow them down for a while, especially with Alex's size.

I'm thinking you will be wrong ...AS USUAL

indianabuck
All State

Post by indianabuck »

Im looking at a similar situation as 2 weeks ago at Meigs. Close for a while.

NYBUX
Varsity

Post by NYBUX »

Yep It's always 0 to 0 at the begining of the game :lol: :lol: :lol:

indianabuck
All State

Post by indianabuck »

Remeber it was 7-7 at halftime in a sloppy game. It could be like that at the half, and then NY could easily pully away for a 35 or 42 to 14 win.

know all
Freshman Team

Post by know all »

bucks will be alright by 2tds.

ButterFingers
Riding the Bench

Post by ButterFingers »

NY didn't have success in the Meigs game until they started running outside in the second half. The first half we went away from our run game and went into the locker room tied with a team that shouldn't have been on the field with us. I agree there was a lot of missed assignments as well however. I blocking up front needs to get a lot better. I watch the film on ch 15 and we have some kids that aren't even getting out of their stance. I am a fan, and I bleed brown white and orange, however, I just state facts that I think we need to work on in order to take us to the next level.

NYBucksDad
JV Team

Post by NYBucksDad »

Can’t wait for this game I love this game every year as I am an Alexander Alumni and have many friends still in the Alex area with kids playing hoping the Daniels boy is ok and gets play I graduated high school with his dad good people but I have since moved to NY and my children attend NY and I support them 100%.

GO BUCKEYES!!!!!!!!!! BUCKEYES ROLL AND WIN THIS ONE

Hope both teams have an injury free game.

buckman
Freshman Team

Post by buckman »

NYF wrote:Played bad at Meigs won 41-14, bad vs VC won 47-0. Not bad for playing down.
True! Not dogging the boys, just pointing out that we weren't as crisp as in weeks 1-6. Hard to play at that level every game. If they can, I think they can win Region 19. After week 6, I thought they might make a run at the state, but I'm tempering my enthusiasm a bit.

Probably better schemes by better teams, and getting worn down late in the season. We'll see how it goes in week 9.

Go Bucks!

buckeyeguy
Varsity

Post by buckeyeguy »

Hearing Thursday it will rain Friday its not sappose to could it be a wet feild friday? :122245 just saying if its slippery the bigger linemman could have advantage, not saying it will change the outcome of the game or anything just a thought...

indianabuck
All State

Post by indianabuck »

The field will help Alex for a while, but NY has too much skill talent and speed even in mud to take control late. It will be interesting to see how well Alexs new field holds up to all this rain.

Return to “Football”