Future of Belpre Football

bigred31
Riding the Bench

Future of Belpre Football

Post by bigred31 »

They been struggling for years now. They've had the athletes but doesn't show up in results. What do they need to get the program turnt back around?!

Tvc87
Waterboy

Re: Future of Belpre Football

Post by Tvc87 »

Step 1: Fire coaches who agrees?

bigred31
Riding the Bench

Post by bigred31 »

Do they have any athletes coming up? If the coaches were too be fired, I couldn't see who would be getting hired

Eaglepapaw
S

Post by Eaglepapaw »

If you look at their 8th grade team the future looks very good.After a opening game loss to Southern,which they should have won they beat,Wahama 50-0,Fed-Hock 38-6,Eastern 48-0 and Fort Frye 12-6.They have a big game tonight against undefeated Trimble.As far as coaching I don't think they are the greatest but they honestly haven't had much talent or experiance to work with this year.Hopefully they can improve before these upcoming players get there

rickoshay
SEOP

Post by rickoshay »

It's called talent cycle, and some run longer than others.

Looks like Belpre's will run ,maybe another couple years.

As the saying goes......"We'll be back Baby"

3 for me
Riding the Bench

Post by 3 for me »

It's really a question for all Belpre Athletics, they haven't had much from any sport in the past few years.

bhseaglex12
Riding the Bench

Post by bhseaglex12 »

3 for me wrote:It's really a question for all Belpre Athletics, they haven't had much from any sport in the past few years.
Actually, belpre football has been down the past few years. In 2010, the boys basketball team went to the convo and had a sectional championship, the baseball and softball teams have had very good seasons the past 3 years. (softball has had 2 sectional championships and baseball has had 1 including a 16-3 overall record last year.) The girls basketball team was sectional champs last year, and the golf team went undefeated in TVC play this year, winning conference and sectional champs. You might want to think about what you say before you say it.

NYBuckeye96
SEOPS H

Post by NYBuckeye96 »

Two words - Drop Soccer

NYBuckeye96
SEOPS H

Post by NYBuckeye96 »

Also, a varsity program doesn't become great over night. You have to build from the bottom up. This starts with the kids in elementary school. Build a successful program that feeds into the junior high teams, which feed into freshman, junior varsity and varsity teams.

This is the key to having a contending team year in and year out. Belpre used to have this. NY lives and dies by this model.

jiveturkey
Freshman Team

Post by jiveturkey »

If you look around at successful programs, on thing you can really say is a characteristic of those programs is coaching continuity. Belpre was at its best when Ralph Holder was the coach. He was there forever. Teams that tend to change coaches regularly tend to struggle. No offense intended, but look at Southern, River Valley, Federal Hocking, etc. Those schools have a revolving door on their coaches locker room.

I am not directly affiliated with the program at Belpre and so this is only an outsiders opinion. But, it seems to me the best thing you could do is give this guy a chance. This is year two. Belpre's program didn't go downhill overnight and it won't get fixed overnight either.

robycop3
All State

Post by robycop3 »

Yes, a comeback is possible down the road. Look at Vincent Warren. They, a D III team, were being overwhelmed by average D V teams, among others. Now, while they're not yet contending for a D III title, they're not being taken lightly by anyone now.

Takes a combo of talent and coaching.

A-Town Big Dog
S

Post by A-Town Big Dog »

Belpre will continue to struggle if some major changes aren't made from the ground up. I thought the move dropping to the TVC Hocking would be a great for their football program but it has had little impact on their ability to win games. Not to take anything away from the upper level teams in the Hocking i.e Wahama, Trimble, etc. but Belpre should at least be competing with the rest of the teams every year and beating them most of the time. I hope Belpre can get it together soon, it's sad to see how far they have fallen in the last decade and would be great to see them competitive again.

Heavy D
All Conference

Post by Heavy D »

Get you a couple used car salesmen to run the program and things will get better. One just isn't quite enough.

3 for me
Riding the Bench

Post by 3 for me »

bhseaglex12 wrote:
3 for me wrote:It's really a question for all Belpre Athletics, they haven't had much from any sport in the past few years.
Actually, belpre football has been down the past few years. In 2010, the boys basketball team went to the convo and had a sectional championship, the baseball and softball teams have had very good seasons the past 3 years. (softball has had 2 sectional championships and baseball has had 1 including a 16-3 overall record last year.) The girls basketball team was sectional champs last year, and the golf team went undefeated in TVC play this year, winning conference and sectional champs. You might want to think about what you say before you say it.
Well I definitely thought about what I said, I just didn't know some of the background from the spring sports, my bad.. Maybe you should think of what you say before you come jumping on me.

WitnessProtection
All Conference

Post by WitnessProtection »

NYBuckeye96 wrote:Two words - Drop Soccer

Why? You going to force the soccer boys to play football? If they wanted to play football, they would play football. All those 130 pound midfielders are sure to shore up your offensive line.

The Ultimate Lancer
JV Team

Post by The Ultimate Lancer »

I was out by the school one day and saw "kickball" practice underway. Those kids werent 130 lbs and they werent very good "kickball" players. At a school the size of those in the Hawking, you need to rally yer resources.

Two Words - CUT KICKBALL. We dont need american boys playing a sport developed by terrorist and communist nations.

bluewarriorfan
Waterboy

Post by bluewarriorfan »

rumor has it that coach mike duvall may be interested if the old staff is gone

triple double
Waterboy

Post by triple double »

?

triple double
Waterboy

Post by triple double »

Belpre is the biggest school in the TVC small school division and loses badly. NOT GOOD! The future will be a reflection of the present if changes aren't made and it starts with the community. You get what you pay (or don't pay) for.

triple double
Waterboy

Post by triple double »

NYBuckeye96 wrote:Also, a varsity program doesn't become great over night. You have to build from the bottom up. This starts with the kids in elementary school. Build a successful program that feeds into the junior high teams, which feed into freshman, junior varsity and varsity teams.

This is the key to having a contending team year in and year out. Belpre used to have this. NY lives and dies by this model.
Belpre kids playing in 3rd thru 8th grades have very successful seasons in football/basketball!

Return to “Football”