Gallia Academy and black....

GAHS7462
All Conference

Gallia Academy and black....

Post by GAHS7462 »

I've been reading on another site and a lot of alumni complaining about the black on the Blue Devils uniforms. I state right now that I'm not happy about it. We are Blue/White not Black with some Blue and White. Just was wondering what others feel about this. So what's your opinion??

GAHS7462
All Conference

Re: Gallia Academy and black....

Post by GAHS7462 »

Should be I'll state right now. Sorry got ahead of myself..

GalliaGrad78
SEOP

Post by GalliaGrad78 »

I'm with you, don't care much for the black myself.
But then again, I'm now considered an "old timer" and I don't accept "change" very well. :roll:

pappy1
Varsity

Post by pappy1 »

Blue and white being the school colors, the uniforms should be blue and white. In consideration of football being a bruising sport, black and blue are awesome football uniform colors and its easy to see why someone would like the combination.

superblue
All Conference

Post by superblue »

I brought this to the attention of all Blue Devil fans a few years ago when the new coach took over the program.. I did not like it then & I sure do not like it now!!!!! When I first saw these black uniforms I thought I was at a River Valley Game.... They look sharp but should not be worn by a school whose colors are Blue & White... Recently I noticed the cheerleaders were dressed in mostly Black.... These black uniforms were purchased by the present coaching regime and shows a total lack of respect toward the blue devil nation....IMO....

JHS08
Waterboy

Post by JHS08 »

I believe at Jackson the band was forced to get shirts that were Red or White last year. They had ordered black ones in the first place. Now I do love all the uniform changes in collge football, I think that high schools should stick with tradition and stay with their schools colors.

superblue
All Conference

Post by superblue »

P.S....... Don't forget our BLACK band uniforms....

Mighty Mighty Devils
All Conference

Post by Mighty Mighty Devils »

dag gum young whipper snappers

GAHS7462
All Conference

Post by GAHS7462 »

I told the alumni to contact the AD at school and voice their opinion. But if you want to see what they are saying go to Facebook under the topic "you know your from Gallipolis if". I also saw the cheerleaders uniforms at the Athens game and I couldn't believe what I saw. 90% of the uniform was black..

whs11
Riding the Bench

Post by whs11 »

The band uniforms are black????

tubby
Varsity

Post by tubby »

I like them but I see the point being made about tradition.

bluedevil
JV Team

Post by bluedevil »

its a nice change

GAHS7462
All Conference

Post by GAHS7462 »

Yes they don't like the band uniforms being black either.

bettis
Varsity

Post by bettis »

Calling the AD won't do u any good....he is an alumni but doesn't seem to care about traditions.

ACCBiggz
JV Team

Post by ACCBiggz »

I haven't seen them, but I do have a question: Are these the standard uniforms or worn from time to time? Because if they are special uniforms then I'm fine with it. And if the kids like it I especially don't see why the adults should try to take that away from them simply because they like the "old" style.

GalliaGrad78
SEOP

Post by GalliaGrad78 »

You know, after re-considering, if the kids are good with it, I really don't see why it would make much difference. After all, they're the ones that are wearing them.

GAHS83
JV Team

Post by GAHS83 »

I like the look and it seems as though the kids like them as well.

JChipwood
All Conference

Post by JChipwood »

The kids I have talked to are really pumped about the way they look and were excited to wear them last year. A few years agao they tried to change it up and put gold into some of the uniforms, at least black is a neutral color. Looks pretty cool on a dark Friday night if you ask me and the blue really pops now. Anyone that hasn't seen them, don't think we are wearing black as our primary color now............ we are still the Blue Devils and to me the Blue really is accented now more than ever. When we wore blue pants they were so dark they looked black and white football pants with our field is a horrible choice even if it is just white striping.

brutus161
Waterboy

Post by brutus161 »

I very rarely ever post in here, but I have to say something.

You all are acting as if the people that graduated from the school are the only ones that have a say in it. The kids see what goes on in college, and they want to be a part of that. If it excites and motivates them, then I am all for it. Also, for those that say the AD doesn't respect tradition, there is a big difference between turning your back on tradition and trying to move the entire athletics program forward.

Blue_nd_Gray
JV Team

Post by Blue_nd_Gray »

You guys act like were messing with Notre Dame or Ohio States uniforms.
Who really cares? As many state the only teams who change uniforms are the ones looking for a new identity!

Return to “Football”