Week 8 Jonathan Alder @ Logan

C-Bolt
SEOP

Re: Week 8 Jonathan Alder @ Logan

Post by C-Bolt »

moonshine wrote:
bird78 wrote:Logan needs to go with 2 platoon system as well.....why should kids go out and play and bust their butts all summer to watch same 11 kids play have seen this since been here at logan and even if you do make playoffs ....you are not going far ........just too hard to play both ways for 4 quarters....plus more will come out if that happens....till then numbers will continue to drop :122245 :shock: :!:

Brid78! Guess what that was Coach Perry's idea! Also guys there is talent roaming them there halls in school! whoever the coach is, he needs to recruit them there halls!

Guess what shine coach Coate also did it as much as he could,he always believed in having fresh players on both sides of the ball,though he did run them hard during the week maybe a little too much at times IMO, but that was that rookie in him

moonshine
SEO

Post by moonshine »

Logangrad wrote:
moonshine wrote:87 and bolt I totally agree with your opinions. like I said b-4 Perry took almost the same team and with discipline and a kick butt outlook, the kids won. Also he tried to run a 2 platoon system as much as possible. Had alot of Woody in him!
Umm no he didnt. Jeff Witt, Curtis Rose, Ron "Squeak" Walker, John Godfrey, Ryan Wilson, Jose Medina, Jimmer Brienning, Rodney Krannitz, Brice Frasure, Matt Shaw, Craig Wolfe; all members of Perry's playoff team in 1987; ALL PLAYED BOTH WAYS. 1988, SAME THING; DIFFERENT ROSTER. Perry played the best kids he could where ever he could. And the majority of them, 99% of them played both ways.
Again, please reread my comment! tried to run a TWO platoon system as much as possible!

moonshine
SEO

Post by moonshine »

C-Bolt wrote:
moonshine wrote:
bird78 wrote:Logan needs to go with 2 platoon system as well.....why should kids go out and play and bust their butts all summer to watch same 11 kids play have seen this since been here at logan and even if you do make playoffs ....you are not going far ........just too hard to play both ways for 4 quarters....plus more will come out if that happens....till then numbers will continue to drop :122245 :shock: :!:

Brid78! Guess what that was Coach Perry's idea! Also guys there is talent roaming them there halls in school! whoever the coach is, he needs to recruit them there halls!

Guess what shine coach Coate also did it as much as he could,he always believed in having fresh players on both sides of the ball,though he did run them hard during the week maybe a little too much at times IMO, but that was that rookie in him
Like I said there is talent in them there halls our coach need to recruit the halls!

FANOSPORTS
SEOPS

Post by FANOSPORTS »

Alder by more than a few.

seofan_via_dublin
SEOP

Post by seofan_via_dublin »

Alder, Big!

moonshine
SEO

Post by moonshine »

Mid Week Perdiction:

Jonathan Alter 49

Logan 10

The coach whoever it might be should recurit them there halls.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

folks not tryin to pee in anybodie's cheerios, but man. some of the stuff on here these kids are having to read is over the top. remember these are just kids , with alot going on in their lives right now. if we remember back to those days, would we want our fans to be blasting our efforts, on top of homework, girls, sports, hormones, etc. my program, the fighting tigers are struggling this year as well. but just remember these kids are risking life n limb to entertain us, and they need the support, no matter the record, bait.

buckcraze
JV Team

Post by buckcraze »

You're Tiger Bait wrote:folks not tryin to pee in anybodie's cheerios, but man. some of the stuff on here these kids are having to read is over the top. remember these are just kids , with alot going on in their lives right now. if we remember back to those days, would we want our fans to be blasting our efforts, on top of homework, girls, sports, hormones, etc. my program, the fighting tigers are struggling this year as well. but just remember these kids are risking life n limb to entertain us, and they need the support, no matter the record, bait.
Great post Bait. I know Logan is struggling and the Logan faithful are having a hard time with the struggles, but remember, these are the times when some of our best memories in life come from. These kids, just like the Chilly kids, are going to have to live with the destinies they created while wearing the Purple and White. Your coach, just like ours, is working his tail off, I'm sure, trying to correct the problems. Sometimes it works, sometimes you have to write a year or two off. Let the kids still be kids and enjoy there highschool careers, as athletes, students, and people in general. Remember, these kids will be leading your community in the near future.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

THAT IS SO TRUE, CARRY ON. :-D

C-Bolt
SEOP

Post by C-Bolt »

I see where you guys are coming from but I look at it differently,,If I was a player looking at this I wouldn't be mooping around and saying "oh woe is me" I would be mad and use it as motivation to work hard and get better,these guys are starting to be young men now and need to develop a tough skin for the harsh real world they are going to be facing shortly, people won't always be around to cuddle them JMO....

moonshine
SEO

Post by moonshine »

C-Bolt wrote:I see where you guys are coming from but I look at it differently,,If I was a player looking at this I wouldn't be mooping around and saying "oh woe is me" I would be mad and use it as motivation to work hard and get better,these guys are starting to be young men now and need to develop a tough skin for the harsh real world they're are going to be facing shortly, people won't always be around to cuddle them JMO....
Bolt, This is what is wrong with kids today! little johnie is always right. In life , life is not fair. If you work your butt off and grind it out every day good things will happen! When I was young if I mouth off or screwed up I was disciplined no questions asked!

C-Bolt
SEOP

Post by C-Bolt »

I know not all kids are like that and some have good families that preach proper dicisipline even today, but every year seems more and more kids are coming out feeling the world owes them too much and not wanting to take orders

maniac66
All State

Post by maniac66 »

C-Bolt wrote:I know not all kids are like that and some have good families that preach proper dicisipline even today, but every year seems more and more kids are coming out feeling the world owes them too much and not wanting to take orders
I agree but at one time Football was the king.
Kids never had video games cell phones and malls to loaf at all the time.
Friday night was where you wanted to be if not on the field then in the stands.
Todays world is different kids see football as a hobby and not a discipline sport they don't want to work to be the best they want it given to them.
And I am not just saying this because of Logan I see it everywhere proud programs struggling.
Why? Depends on who you talk to but it all points to the same kids do not want to be taught discipline they want to do and say as they want and it is sad to see.
To much going on in the real world now or in this case the artificial world.
Want to play football Play station 3 or get home to play on facebook or year book to the younger generation.
This country is falling apart on this the private schools have it better because the parents PAY and expect their kids to play hard and practice but in public schools they don't.
And that is the difference not all kids are this way I know but that is what they see it as.

WitnessProtection
All Conference

Post by WitnessProtection »

If a team is undisciplined, the parents of its players need to check the mirror.

TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

Logangrad wrote:
moonshine wrote:87 and bolt I totally agree with your opinions. like I said b-4 Perry took almost the same team and with discipline and a kick butt outlook, the kids won. Also he tried to run a 2 platoon system as much as possible. Had alot of Woody in him!
Umm no he didnt. Jeff Witt, Curtis Rose, Ron "Squeak" Walker, John Godfrey, Ryan Wilson, Jose Medina, Jimmer Brienning, Rodney Krannitz, Brice Frasure, Matt Shaw, Craig Wolfe; all members of Perry's playoff team in 1987; ALL PLAYED BOTH WAYS. 1988, SAME THING; DIFFERENT ROSTER. Perry played the best kids he could where ever he could. And the majority of them, 99% of them played both ways.
gonna have to agree and disagree on that. i know most of those guys and matter of fact just talked to one of them today. a few of those guys went both ways but 99% is awful high. not mentioning any names but some on ur list went both ways on that team. he said he might have put some people here and there when needed but almost all of those guys had one job. some linemen went both ways. and special teams. other than that he said they basicly had one job and was a well rested team in 4 periods of play. but some had spot duty both ways but not like they had to drag it out the whole game.
Last edited by TRENCHFOOT on Thu Oct 13, 2011 3:10 am, edited 3 times in total.

TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

Logangrad wrote:And Im saying no he didnt! EVER! Look at all his rosters. They always played both ways. He didnt try to do anything, it just didnt happen. And my brother played for him and he played both ways. DJ Conrad, Keith Myers, Scott McCort, Eric Veidt, Kelly Wolfe, All played both ways; Larry Blair, Paul Clark, Jeff Ruff, Jaime Dennis, Jimmer Breining, Pat Walsh, Brice Frasure, Nick Maniskas, all played both ways. As a matter of fact one of the first gripes parents had ealry on was the fact that he was playing people bith ways so much.
few on that list also that didnt play both ways. some played a spot duty role but didnt play both ways the whole game. i dont like mentioning any names on here but as far as players playing both ways it seems to be getting to be more of a common thing as years go by. whole game both ways. coach needs to spot some soph's in there more often if the numbers are down. them kids are worn out.

trip4
Riding the Bench

Post by trip4 »

boys..

my freshman and rolling down there today... give me some feedback on them if anybody see's them play..

Pioneer freshman 4-2 I think with loses to marysville and hartley..

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

[quote="trip4"]boys..

my freshman and rolling down there today... give me some feedback on them if anybody see's them play..

Pioneer freshman 4-2 I think with loses to marysville and hartley..[/quote

I will be going tonight--might have something around 7:30.

Return to “Football”