Week 8 Jonathan Alder @ Logan

know all
Freshman Team

Re: Week 8 Jonathan Alder @ Logan

Post by know all »

when losing is accepted your done,i think we need to clean house janey wont put up with this long.kellys rope has reached its end.i know how good alder is but our whole program is about losing, giving up hands on hips,players not believing in the coaches.i would keep rose and jones and jimmer get rid of the rest of them.

C-Bolt
SEOP

Post by C-Bolt »

I think the fans have packed it in Dazed,,Logan bleachers looked like a ghost town tonight,,, saw where Wesselhoft got hurt tonite and poor young Music took a beating ,be interesting to see who Wolfe goes with next two weeks.Might as well just let the youngster finish it out with two very winnable games left

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

C-Bolt wrote:I think the fans have packed it in Dazed,,Logan bleachers looked like a ghost town tonight,,, saw where Wesselhoft got hurt tonite and poor young Music took a beating ,be interesting to see who Wolfe goes with next two weeks.Might as well just let the youngster finish it out with two very winnable games left
Not that I have a dog in this fight, but you are right. As bad as Logan has been this year, why continue to lose with older kids who are gone at the end of the year. Let the younger kids play. Cant continue to lose with seniors.

TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

klaw10 wrote:Maybe this will settle.

Offense:
QB Breinning
RB Clark
FB Walsh
WR Medina
WR Maniskas/Frasure/Walker (brought in plays)
TE Kranitz
LT Rose
LG Fisk
C Shaw / McDonald - Shaw broke his arm in game 4
RG Wolfe
LT Godfrey

Defense:
LE Witt
LT Godfrey
NT Rose
RT Buntoff
RE Wolfe
LB Wilson
LB Walsh
DB Frasure
DB Walker
DB Medina
DB Maniskas

About half both ways...i lived through the Coate and Perry era...never, ever was there an attempt to platoon....best players played...end of story....about winning; not fresh legs

Also, Perry didn't "inherit basically the same team" Coate with 3-7 with. He inherited a group of juniors who were forced to play too early as sophomores and essentially form the core of Coate's last team. Having to depend on mostly sophomores at the Varsity level is not exactly a recipe for success. Combine this with with a 3 year starter at QB (Myers) and a stud receiver (Conrad) plus 2-3 sophomores who can contribute (Rose, Godfrey, Wilson) and you are going to be pretty good.
yep that looks more like it. i knew there were some that didnt go both ways. but that team was loaded. what was the number count that year? not putting down coach wolfe but the numbers are down a little but he needs to play some soph's next year here and there to give some rest to the starters. fresh players perform better all around. it would'nt hurt to rotate a little going both ways.

know all
Freshman Team

Post by know all »

christman played guard to.

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

Bleeding Red wrote:
C-Bolt wrote:I think the fans have packed it in Dazed,,Logan bleachers looked like a ghost town tonight,,, saw where Wesselhoft got hurt tonite and poor young Music took a beating ,be interesting to see who Wolfe goes with next two weeks.Might as well just let the youngster finish it out with two very winnable games left
Not that I have a dog in this fight, but you are right. As bad as Logan has been this year, why continue to lose with older kids who are gone at the end of the year. Let the younger kids play. Cant continue to lose with seniors.
Long has already showed he doesn't want to play so stay with Music.

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

Out of this senior class you only have three boys that lettered as 10 graders.

This year 10th graders might have seven at the most.

Loganchiefsnation
Freshman Team

Post by Loganchiefsnation »

Trenchfoot wrote:
klaw10 wrote:Maybe this will settle.

Offense:
QB Breinning
RB Clark
FB Walsh
WR Medina
WR Maniskas/Frasure/Walker (brought in plays)
TE Kranitz
LT Rose
LG Fisk
C Shaw / McDonald - Shaw broke his arm in game 4
RG Wolfe
LT Godfrey

Defense:
LE Witt
LT Godfrey
NT Rose
RT Buntoff
RE Wolfe
LB Wilson
LB Walsh
DB Frasure
DB Walker
DB Medina
DB Maniskas

About half both ways...i lived through the Coate and Perry era...never, ever was there an attempt to platoon....best players played...end of story....about winning; not fresh legs

Also, Perry didn't "inherit basically the same team" Coate with 3-7 with. He inherited a group of juniors who were forced to play too early as sophomores and essentially form the core of Coate's last team. Having to depend on mostly sophomores at the Varsity level is not exactly a recipe for success. Combine this with with a 3 year starter at QB (Myers) and a stud receiver (Conrad) plus 2-3 sophomores who can contribute (Rose, Godfrey, Wilson) and you are going to be pretty good.
yep that looks more like it. i knew there were some that didnt go both ways. but that team was loaded. what was the number count that year? not putting down coach wolfe but the numbers are down a little but he needs to play some soph's next year here and there to give some rest to the starters. fresh players perform better all around. it would'nt hurt to rotate a little going both ways.

87 team had 51 players on it. This years team had 50 on it. So the numbers arent as "down" as you would think. And that team mentioned above only had 2 players not go both ways as starters but I know they played alot. So in essense they had 11 go both ways.

trubbguru
Riding the Bench

Post by trubbguru »

Well Logan fans you can start getting ready for basketball now. But guess what look for the same out come. Your player that has been suspended several times plays that sport too and the cloaching staff proved thru summer that he will either start or gets lots of playing time from the way they used him in summer. I for one cant wait

klaw10
Riding the Bench

Post by klaw10 »

From my perspective "going both ways" means full time on both sides of the ball. Under that definition only 5. Frasure, Maniskas and Walker don't count as the platooned on offense. Wilson never played fullback that year..a little time at tailback but maybe only 10-12 carries all year. Marc Palmer played fullback when Walsh missed a couple of games. 51 seems high but may be right....all i know is there was never a concerted effort to "keep guys fresh". Best players played....period......Christman started at guard for the first 4/5 games of the year....believe he was a sophomore

Comments around Janey "cleaning house" are comical. This is High School we are talking about. You can't just go hire a new staff. Kelly deserves at least 6 years. Success needs to be measured over a cycle not two seasons. As a former player and student I still take a tremendous amount of pride in my alma mater, especially the football program. I have full confidence in Kelly's ability to right the ship and personally can't think of many others I would want leading the program. Most of the critics on here i am guessing have never even stepped on a football field...probably the same guys telling stories about how good they could have been if not for the fact everyone was out to get them.....watching ESPN does not make you an expert, maybe you should try coaching sometime so you can see how difficult it actually is. These guys give countless hours away from their families making countless personal sacrifices for these kids and yet a bunch of nameless cowards, with no skin in the game, sit behind a keyboard and criticize their every move.

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

How did the JV game come out today?

Heard people say a Logan player was hurt today.

know all
Freshman Team

Post by know all »

klaw10 wrote:From my perspective "going both ways" means full time on both sides of the ball. Under that definition only 5. Frasure, Maniskas and Walker don't count as the platooned on offense. Wilson never played fullback that year..a little time at tailback but maybe only 10-12 carries all year. Marc Palmer played fullback when Walsh missed a couple of games. 51 seems high but may be right....all i know is there was never a concerted effort to "keep guys fresh". Best players played....period......Christman started at guard for the first 4/5 games of the year....believe he was a sophomore

Comments around Janey "cleaning house" are comical. This is High School we are talking about. You can't just go hire a new staff. Kelly deserves at least 6 years. Success needs to be measured over a cycle not two seasons. As a former player and student I still take a tremendous amount of pride in my alma mater, especially the football program. I have full confidence in Kelly's ability to right the ship and personally can't think of many others I would want leading the program. Most of the critics on here i am guessing have never even stepped on a football field...probably the same guys telling stories about how good they could have been if not for the fact everyone was out to get them.....watching ESPN does not make you an expert, maybe you should try coaching sometime so you can see how difficult it actually is. These guys give countless hours away from their families making countless personal sacrifices for these kids and yet a bunch of nameless cowards, with no skin in the game, sit behind a keyboard and criticize their every move.
6years? what are you nuts,the team is lifeless,the coaching staff is lifeless ,the program is a joke the kids arent even going out for football now.if you played you know how important it is to believe in what your coach is selling ,he is in way over his head.my opinion im entitled to that.

dazed&confused
SEOPS HO
Location: Those who do not remember the past are doomed to repeat it

Post by dazed&confused »

Only Janey and the school board can have quailified views on the coaching staff and they won't talk. I assume they will all sit down after the season and assess the state of the program. I'd personally like to see Coach Wolfe get at least another year to see what progress he can make with the program. But I can't see another 3-7 year next year being progressive. I think the fans would hope to see Logan field a team that doesn't shoot itself in the foot, improves on tackling and establishes an identity on offense. Also, I'd like to see more open evidence that misconduct and foolishness on behalf of players won't be tolerated. I won't put a number on wins I think Logan must have next year but another losing season (which would be the third in a row) would have to be cause for concern. Never confuse wanting to win with winning!

know all
Freshman Team

Post by know all »

dazed&confused wrote:Only Janey and the school board can have quailified views on the coaching staff and they won't talk. I assume they will all sit down after the season and assess the state of the program. I'd personally like to see Coach Wolfe get at least another year to see what progress he can make with the program. But I can't see another 3-7 year next year being progressive. I think the fans would hope to see Logan field a team that doesn't shoot itself in the foot, improves on tackling and establishes an identity on offense. Also, I'd like to see more open evidence that misconduct and foolishness on behalf of players won't be tolerated. I won't put a number on wins I think Logan must have next year but another losing season (which would be the third in a row) would have to be cause for concern. Never confuse wanting to win with winning!
great post i said that and everybody gets on me i dont want to see anybody lose there job but its clearly not working right,the worst thing is the lack of discipline.how can anybody not see this.

scooby
Waterboy

Post by scooby »

look how many teams Logans lost to that will go to playoffs. onily team that beat them that shouldn't is warren in 2ot

know all
Freshman Team

Post by know all »

scooby wrote:look how many teams Logans lost to that will go to playoffs. onily team that beat them that shouldn't is warren in 2ot
i agree

buckfan84
All Conference

Post by buckfan84 »

Logan's opponents are 48-16 so far. The HAVE played a very tough schedule. I'd say it definitely has to be one of the toughest, if not the toughest in SE Ohio.

Edited as I am still learning simple addition :oops:

C-Bolt
SEOP

Post by C-Bolt »

And to take it a step further I'd say the toughest in school history hands down

1987chieftains
SEOPS H

Post by 1987chieftains »

I would agree. but its how we are losing..... dumb Penalties, poor tackling, losing by 30 -40 pts instead of 10-15 pts to league teams. some play calls...etc.... i still dont think its all on coach wolfe. i think its the mentality of some of the players. ive noticed the younger play play with more of a sense of urgency. where as some of the older ones dont. its a combo of thing not just one or the coach.

Return to “Football”