Week 8 Jonathan Alder @ Logan

moonshine
SEO

Re: Week 8 Jonathan Alder @ Logan

Post by moonshine »

1987chieftains wrote:I would agree. but its how we are losing..... dumb Penalties, poor tackling, losing by 30 -40 pts instead of 10-15 pts to league teams. some play calls...etc.... i still dont think its all on coach wolfe. i think its the mentality of some of the players. ive noticed the younger play play with more of a sense of urgency. where as some of the older ones dont. its a combo of thing not just one or the coach.
I was out of town but from all accounts sounds like the same old problems! And yes 87 I agree with your statements. It is sad to see a once proud program slide completely out of control! On to Porthsmouth I will say this, the last two games are winable. Then let the chip fall where they may!

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

If we can get the next two we can get in for 2nd and come back next year and win the league.

Go Chiefs

loganlocos
SEOP

Post by loganlocos »

1987chieftains wrote:I would agree. but its how we are losing..... dumb Penalties, poor tackling, losing by 30 -40 pts instead of 10-15 pts to league teams. some play calls...etc.... i still dont think its all on coach wolfe. i think its the mentality of some of the players. ive noticed the younger play play with more of a sense of urgency. where as some of the older ones dont. its a combo of thing not just one or the coach.
Great post.

Remember - some of the "stupid" penalties are due to playing up in competition. When you are playing against bigger, faster opponents you invariably going to hold more. You are also more likely to jump offsides (offense and defnse) because you have to get an edge to have a chance.

I like what I've seen from this team in the Gallipolis and Warren games. The more the some of the younger kids play the more you start to realize that talent isn't the only problem with this team, but attitude is too. And the attitude and work ethic seems to be better since after the Nelsonville-York game.

Perhaps Logan was able to get rid of some of the dead wood. Next two weeks are big and winnable games. 2nd place in the SEOAL is there for the taking, just like last year IMO.

1987chieftains
SEOPS H

Post by 1987chieftains »

LoganLocos wrote:
Great post.

Remember - some of the "stupid" penalties are due to playing up in competition. When you are playing against bigger, faster opponents you invariably going to hold more. You are also more likely to jump offsides (offense and defnse) because you have to get an edge to have a chance.

I like what I've seen from this team in the Gallipolis and Warren games. The more the some of the younger kids play the more you start to realize that talent isn't the only problem with this team, but attitude is too. And the attitude and work ethic seems to be better since after the Nelsonville-York game.

Perhaps Logan was able to get rid of some of the dead wood. Next two weeks are big and winnable games. 2nd place in the SEOAL is there for the taking, just like last year IMO.
thanks, i was thinking more along the lines or the personal fouls. the attitutish (sp) kinda things.

TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

Logangrad wrote:Well it apears a pissing match has erupted here. But Walker, Frasure and Maniskas didnt platoon at all. Medina was the SE, Walker was the FL and Frasure and Maniskas shared time at the WB (wing back) slot. This is fact. Since my brother was on the team, and I remember quite well that starting lineup. Alot of those guys spent time in our house growing up and remain friends to this day. And you can twist it all you want by whatever definition, but if youre running plays in everyother play, thats a full time spot on offense. So thats both ways in my book. Which would make at least 9 players playing both ways.

Go to Loganfootball.com and 51 players are in the team photo, so that is correct as well.
im on trenchfoots computer. this is #40 for the team u all are talking about. i did not play d and walker frasure maniskas rotated they brought in the plays. that is rest and walsh and wilson rotated at fb. so this should be done now r.k. #40!!!!

Loganchiefsnation
Freshman Team

Post by Loganchiefsnation »

Im sitting next to Maniskas right now and have Walker on the phone. Walker says he never brought in plays but maniskas and frasure did and they both agree 9 players played both ways.

C-Bolt
SEOP

Post by C-Bolt »

Wow the piss is really flying now,,go get um R.K. 9.5 you the man!

TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

Loganchiefsnation wrote:Im sitting next to Maniskas right now and have Walker on the phone. Walker says he never brought in plays but maniskas and frasure did and they both agree 9 players played both ways.
again im on trenchfoots computer. nick lil. bro if you setting there you know better this is rodney. dont tell me you didnt rotate. these boys are tired. their in the whole game.#40!!!!
Last edited by TRENCHFOOT on Wed Oct 19, 2011 3:46 am, edited 1 time in total.

Loganchiefsnation
Freshman Team

Post by Loganchiefsnation »

It says he did RK, look again. Walker no, Maniskas yes. And I was joking on all that....

TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

Loganchiefsnation wrote:It says he did RK, look again. Walker no, Maniskas yes. And I was joking on all that....
rk went home. he was also joking around but he had to get on here and get in a few words. :)

Return to “Football”