Trimble vs. Belpre - The new huge rivalry in the TVC Hocking

NYBuckeye96
SEOPS H

Trimble vs. Belpre - The new huge rivalry in the TVC Hocking

Post by NYBuckeye96 »

The Tomcats and Golden Eagles have played each other 19 times all-time. Belpre leads the all-time series 12 wins, 7 losses. All games between 1978 and 1992 were TVC league games. Everything else was non-league:

1965 Belpre 24-0
1978 Trimble 25-8
1979 Belpre 19-7
1980 Trimble 54-13
1981 Belpre 34-14
1982 Trimble 15-7
1983 Belpre 13-0
1984 Belpre 34-6
1985 Belpre 24-21
1986 Belpre 20-0
1987 Belpre 28-6
1988 Belpre 13-7
1989 Trimble 17-0
1990 Trimble 21-7
1991 Belpre 34-14
1992 Belpre 40-12
1994 Belpre 44-0
1995 Trimble 19-16
2008 Trimble 26-10

mister b
SEOP

Re: Trimble vs. Belpre - The new huge rivalry in the TVC Hocking

Post by mister b »

Should make for some good games.

This year's game is nonconference at Belpre.

Thanks for the insight and records NYBuckeye96!

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

Man how do you get all these stats

NYBuckeye96
SEOPS H

Post by NYBuckeye96 »

I got the Trimble stats from trimblefootball.com.

I got the Nelsonville-York stats from spending hours and hours in the basement of Alden Library at Ohio University going through old microfilm of The Athens Messenger a couple years ago. I have the scores to every single football game NY has ever played.

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

NYBuckeye96 wrote:I got the Trimble stats from trimblefootball.com.

I got the Nelsonville-York stats from spending hours and hours in the basement of Alden Library at Ohio University going through old microfilm of The Athens Messenger a couple years ago. I have the scores to every single football game NY has ever played.

Your the man!!!!!!!!!!!!

Keep up the good work!!!!
:122245 :122245 :122245 :122245 :122245 :122245 :122245 :122245

mister b
SEOP

Post by mister b »

I hope that the Trimble vs Belpre football game is moved to week 10 when Belpre goes to the Hocking.

Odds are that the TVC Hocking crown will be decided by this game 9 times out of 10.

Warpig
Freshman Team

Post by Warpig »

NYBuckeyes96, I know all about those hours in Alden. When I was first creating trimblefootball.com I needed all of those scores so I scoured the microfilm room, printing off EVERY newspaper article for Glouster/Trimble games since 1964. (I still have them filed away.) I remember one particular Saturday I started early so that I wouldn't miss the Ohio State game that day. After getting the ball rolling I decided not to stop until I had all of one decade done, despite the fact that I missed kickoff. By the time I finished and walked into my house the game was in the late fourth quarter, it was the 2002 Purdue game and the first play I watched was the touchdown reception by Jenkins.

The Belpre/Trimble match-up will be a good one. Both teams in the past have shown the ability to upset the other. I remember the 1990 game at Belpre. The Eagles had the better team, Trimble got three early scores off of turnovers and held on for the win 21-7. In 1992 Trimble had a pretty good team and was 7-3 for the season and the loss to Belpre was the worst of the season.

If I could set Trimble's schedule for 2010 it would be:
@ Nelsonville-York
Alexander
@ Oak Hill (altered week than last season)
@ Miller
@ Southern
Waterford
@ Eastern
Federal Hocking
South Gallia
Belpre

Fairland would have to drop off the schedule. It would also reset the Tomcat schedule to have 5 home and 5 away games.

tomcatfan
Riding the Bench

Post by tomcatfan »

Belpre is a basketball school and means they are soft. The CATS are hard and will dominate belpre.

mister b
SEOP

Post by mister b »

Belpre leads the series 12-7.

Not bad for a soft, basketball school. :mrgreen:

redbone
Waterboy

Post by redbone »

Can't argue with the current overall record, but give it some time and Coach Faires and the Cats will even it up. I wouldn't say this will be a huge rivalry, it seems that the majority of the tomcat faithful have too much fun poking fun at the Southern Tornadoes and using the scoreboard has an indicator the tomcat coaching staff likes to score alot when they play Racine.

Trimble's rival is Nelsonville, and no othe team could ever come close to that.

whompascat
All Conference

Post by whompascat »

the trimble coaching staff played the j.v. all of the second half at racine last year, what should they do play the j.h. against southern

redbone
Waterboy

Post by redbone »

Whompascat,

I was at the game, on your sideline, rooting for the same team you do. Point is that Southern is frequently beaten very bad by the Cats. I don't know is there a reason for this, two years ago, Miller and Eastern were just as bad as Southern and the beating was not that defined for those games. OUR Cats could have had off nights on those occasion, besides, I enjoy those folks from Southern, good people, but they can't beat us.

coachK
JV Team

Post by coachK »

The trimble coaching staff could have put 100 up on southern if they wanted.

redbone
Waterboy

Post by redbone »

I know what the Cats could have done, glad they didn't. When beating someone into the ground wouldn't you be risking a season ending injury to a player, because some player on the other team takes a cheap shot. Like I stated, OUR Cats are going to win the division, our rival is Nelsonville. In the long run Trimble will even the record with Belpre, and continue our dominance in Hocking.

buckfan84
All Conference

Post by buckfan84 »

Of course NY and Trimble are the big rivals in non-league. But, I do think Trimble and Belpre will usually be in the running for the TVC Hocking Championship.

eagledad
Freshman Team

Post by eagledad »

i think this could very well turn into a huge rivalry. obviously trimble and ny will always be THE game for both schools just as warren is belpre's rival game. just look at it geographically, short distance between each set in-county schools, most of the kids know each other and have been playing against each other all of their careers. but if belpre and trimble were to meet week 10 every year, it would more than likely decide the hocking division title most of the time. just like the osu meatchicken game usually decides the big ten. there will probably be playoff implication involved as well. the winner should be picking up a ton of second level points. these two schools are only about an hour apart by bus, close in size (should be getting closer in coming years), ultra competitive, have a history of success and the all-time series is pretty darn close. sounds like a rivalry in the making to me!

Return to “Football”